Single cruisers

Megan_Strick

On 3/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, sthrnbll said:

I see you are from Coastal Ga. I am too! I live in Brunswick,

I’m just an hour up the road in Hinesville.  We should meet and see if we are compatible enough to sail together.  My sister and I were very alike in mind, just a year apart in age.  But we had totally different schedules.  I was up early, breakfast, wander the ship…. She would stay in bed until after noon unless I dragged her up early for a tour.  I just liked to be out enjoying the beauty of the ship and people watching.  She would rather sit on the balcony and read.  But we both liked to shop…. EM

This will be my 21st cruise on Carnival in 4 days but my first solo cruise.  Excited but anxious too.  Hubby is an early to bed person and I am used to going to late night shows, comics, music by myself.  So I think I will manage.  Already have connected with many others on my cruise traveling solo.  I can’t wait for new adventures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cantwaittocruise12 said:

I am going on my first solo cruise at the end of Oct…a 14 day’er!  I’m really looking forward to decompressing.  I do worry a bit about some creeper bothering me if they find out I’m cruising alone. Has that ever happened to anyone? 

Nope.  The closest I have come is some lovely Southern sisters who were cruising with their single brother and thought maybe....  until I mentioned I was 20 yrs older than Brother.  They were charming, though.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I LOVE to solo cruise. Most of my cruises have been solo. I have made great friends, seen beautiful places, tried new things (that I would have been too embarrassed to try around those I live with or know well.) and I avoid the mess, stress and drama from those who are not happy with some part of the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cantwaittocruise12 said:

I am going on my first solo cruise at the end of Oct…a 14 day’er!  I’m really looking forward to decompressing.  I do worry a bit about some creeper bothering me if they find out I’m cruising alone. Has that ever happened to anyone? 

It happened to me.

When the guy started bothering me, I let ships security know. Security then watched the ships videos and asked me to point him out to them.

They talked to him and watched him for the rest of the cruise. They were a big help when he started bothering me again. They were a big help and comfort to me.

You are not 100% safe on cruises but yet you are much safer than you would be with most other travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Nope.  The closest I have come is some lovely Southern sisters who were cruising with their single brother and thought maybe....  until I mentioned I was 20 yrs older than Brother.  They were charming, though.  

Funny

I did meet a guy who was 20 years younger and we had a great time on the cruise and have sailed together on a few cruises since.  Some other people we met thought we were married!  

That was 8 years ago and we're still friends.

You never know who you will meet and have a good time with.

Just be careful!

• Like 1

I solo cruise a lot.  
No more

•where & when you want to eat

•trouble choosing excursions
•waiting for someone

•searching for show seats

•go where you want at your pace

•turn in when you want

MOST RELAXING VACATIONS I’ve ever had and I meet more people easier as well. 

Personally, I think everyone should do a solo vacation at least once in their lifetime just to experience it. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ICruistheworld said:

It happened to me.

When the guy started bothering me, I let ships security know. Security then watched the ships videos and asked me to point him out to them.

They talked to him and watched him for the rest of the cruise. They were a big help when he started bothering me again. They were a big help and comfort to me.

You are not 100% safe on cruises but yet you are much safer than you would be with most other travel.

Great advice, thank you! 

I was leery about going solo myself.  I booked my first solo cruise for this past February on the Sunrise because I couldn't resist the low rate, after cruising with sister/friends/even more friends (up to 9 🙂 ) in the past.  

BUT...I had a good time.  It was odd sometimes not having to decide amongst the group where and when to eat, things like that, but overall, I'd happily do it again.   I have two cruises booked with my cruise-friends now, though.