Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

On 3/25/2022 at 9:28 AM, Rogueperson said:

They did not have the blocks on my cruise.  They left me a note with information to fill in to have it shipped to me.  It said 6-8 weeks for delivery, so who knows.

We sailed end of February and we received our block in the mail at the beginning of this week.

4 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Two good entertainment choices tonight.  Wait, what?  If the movie is in the theater at 9: 15 PM, where is Floyd appearing at 9:30 PM?  Is the movie VERY short?

I was wondering that also.

3 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

We sailed end of February and we received our block in the mail at the beginning of this week.

I got a note too. I'm glad I'm not taking it home... tbey are very heavy!

38 minutes ago, death_star said:

The movie was last night and head liner is tonight in the theater according to the app

We questioned what Dragon posted as she is currently onboard.

9 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

Here's another question:  If you don't have WiFi, will the RCI app work in the terminal to show SetSail Pass?  I know the app is supposed to work on the ship.

You can see it on your phone using your normal phone plan.  You use wifi onboard.  Phone onboard should be on airplane mode to use it there, but in the terminal, use it just like you would anywhere.

5 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

App is on a tablet that does not have phone service.  It works off my house WiFi and I think it will work off the ship's service but will it work in the terminal?

Just take a screen shot of your SetSail pass at home then show the picture at the terminal. 

5 minutes ago, Mcdonaldbam said:

Just take a screen shot of your SetSail pass at home then show the picture at the terminal. 

That is what I would do. I used my phone so it had its own Wi-Fi.

I actually did see Cruise Maryland pop up as a Internet provider on my phone but I never connected to it because I didn’t need to, so I can’t vouch for the fact that it actually works.

Delta, I hate to admit this, but I actually printed my Set Sail pass for this coming Saturday even though I have it on the App, just because I'm paranoid that for some reason I won't have whatever "service" I need at the terminal.  Sorry...I do try with all of this technology but why would I worry about it when I can just print... 😝

• Like 2

Niters Dragon!

Mcdonaldbam...I did take a picture.  Wanted to check about service as the picture is not quite square and don't want to be stuck if it does not work because the lines are a little off kilter.:classic_ohmy:

Dragon..knowing that "Cruise Maryland" popped up as an internet provider is very encouraging!:classic_biggrin:

alex_drew...if it is not already abundantly clear, I freely admit to being rather technologically challenged.:classic_sad:  I do what I do and am still able to learn a thing or two, but it takes longer these days.  I just got new ink cartridges for the printer and will definitely have a paper copy of my SetSail pass with me.😉

Dragon...gotta agree about Derek Floyd.  Have seen him a few times and he always puts on a great show.

We are here!  I did not get up early enough to get a sunrise picture as we sailed in.  😁

We have been to Charleston many times.  Most were muti-day land vacations.  I won't say we have done it all, but we have seen most of the sights. So, today we plan to ride The Dash and do a DIY walk about in the historic district and visit the city market. The Dash is a free shuttle that covers the downtown area.  We have not taken this before so wish us luck.

We will be taking the green line.  

1893606642_dashroute.thumb.png.0036a340ac1c2bfcdaec03abbd8d76c6.png

You can see there is a stop at the water-front park and our dock is just beside that.  

Here is a link to the map of all three routes :

DASH-Routes-210-211-213_2018.pdf (ridecarta.com)

• Like 3

The only other time we have sailed into Charleston was 3 years ago on the Grandeur.  That time we visited Patriot Park via the water taxi.  It leaves from the Waterfront Park, also. 

That is the Grandeur, and the slanted walkway is where the water ferry loads.  You can see how close that is.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.f45f449a3fbee5b2384cfea8ae955147.jpg

It is a very nice park to visit.  You turn left from the end of the dock and the entrance is here:

fountain.thumb.jpg.9f004ee6cfafa9dd941c2cae89ee901b.jpg

We both enjoyed waiting for the ferry on the swings. swings.thumb.jpg.1560a371742022e8e50bbebfc35dd6ea.jpg

• Like 3

We rode the Ferry to the Patriot Park.  They have lots of WWII era items there.  Planes, a sub and the USS Yorktown.  We enjoyed that.  {we are former history educators]  

plane.thumb.jpg.f06a7e20df8e6515ba94017736e22f37.jpg

1495829175_sub2.thumb.jpg.69290c6d781c7b9620955b4c7121bfe7.jpg

yorktown.thumb.jpg.8c5bad824c49f56ebf7ad3eb5a8fc018.jpg

But the real draw was a helicopter trip around the Charleston area.  

2146366097_usinfrontofhelicopter.thumb.jpg.06d43230dd3251e381fbc3238dd09f86.jpg

This was the ship from the air.

1882967490_z.shipfromtheair.thumb.jpg.7f0faefff28ca3d2b88f8bbf6db7470c.jpg

Fort Sumter-

438104016_zz..FortSumpter.thumb.jpg.c52f5329f356e667036342d899bde329.jpg

Today is going to be a "chill" day. 

• Like 5

I'm enjoying your posts!  But please don't deprive yourself of too much of your own cruise time, to do them.

I love your aerial photos.  The last time we were there, we had thoughts of walking up to that bridge, and walking across.  As it turned out, the day was very foggy.  I can see now how far away it is.