Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

On 3/25/2022 at 9:19 AM, DragonOfTheSeas said:

One plus is the double points bonus promo. This 8-night cruise will give us 32 points. We should get a crystal block on this cruise. 

Let me know how that works, did you let them know ahead of time?  We are driving to the port, so it wouldn't be bad to carry it home.  

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

For cruise compasses and other documents, I use adobe to scan it on my phone and than convert it to a jpg photo.  I can't remember who suggested that, but the cool part of it is that it auto crops just the document for the perfect photo to post here.

Also, your photos may be saved exactly as you took them.  If you took the picture with your phone sideways, it will save them sideways unless you edit them to the correct orientation.

I’ll see if I can do the Adobe trick. But I did experiment with the pictures yesterday and I think I figured out exactly how to hold the phone so I have the pictures upright. 

13 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Let me know how that works, did you let them know ahead of time?  We are driving to the port, so it wouldn't be bad to carry it home.  

We got a card in our state room that stated they were out of enchantment of the sea crystal blocks. They would be available in 8 to 12 weeks and they would mail them to our homes. No post office boxes. If you didn’t turn in the card then you forfeited the crystal block. I would take a picture of it but I’ve already turned mine in white. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Any mention why Enchantment needed a tug assist today?

Screenshot 2022-03-28 082347.jpg

I must be clueless because I didn’t notice this today. I did notice that it took us a long time to get to the port and be cleared they did not clear us to leave the shop until almost 9:30. We had Ron Jon shuttle tickets at 10:15. We were supposed to be out there at 10 o’clock. I know there was an earlier time, I think it was 9:3 so they should’ve been out there at 9:15 they would never have made that. I’ll see if I can find out the issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Any mention why Enchantment needed a tug assist today?

Screenshot 2022-03-28 082347.jpg

Someone else who is posting on FB posted that on the last cruise a tie rope got pulled into one of the bow thrusters so they need help getting on and off the pier.

• Like 1

A bow thruster malfunctioned this past Wednesday and delayed our sail out of Charlestson by 3 hours. Have to wonder if the tie rope issue had something to do with it (?)  We made up the time and arrived into Baltimore on schedule, but that's why I don't understand why we couldn't have made up an hour's worth of delay time when we left Baltimore on the 17th. Instead, we got in late to Port Canaveral and so lost our planned (longer) excursion at Cape Kennedy. Two excursions had to funnel into the remaining (shorter) "shuttle" excursion. Alot of busses. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

Just now, AnyWayIsGood said:

A bow thruster malfunctioned this past Wednesday and delayed our sail out of Charlestson by 3 hours. Have to wonder if the tie rope issue had something to do with it (?)  We made up the time and arrived into Baltimore on schedule, but that's why I don't understand why we wouldn't make up an hour's worth of delay time when we left Baltimore on the 17th. Instead, we got in late and so lost our planned (longer) excursion at Cape Kennedy. Two excursions had to funnel into the remaining (shorter) "shuttle" excursion. 

If marine traffic was correct, Enchantment was flooring it at 25.1 knots to get back to Baltimore.  I thought their max speed was 24.5.  Must have had Scotty in the Engine room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Must have had Scotty in the Engine room

LOL!  "Sorry, Captain, I cannae give you any more power".  

Gotta say, we were 'rockin and rollin' a bit the night after leaving Charleston!  I recall seeing 24 knots on the tv. Arriving into Coco Cay though was just the opposite. Last 6-7 hours or more were at 4 knots. I think I can probably swim faster 😆

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

9 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

If marine traffic was correct, Enchantment was flooring it at 25.1 knots to get back to Baltimore.  I thought their max speed was 24.5.  Must have had Scotty in the Engine room.

When we sailed on her in February, we had a med evac (crew member) which took us way off course. After it was completed, we noticed that we were doing up to 27.2!

On 3/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We are here!  I did not get up early enough to get a sunrise picture as we sailed in.  😁

Here is a link to the map of all three routes :

DASH-Routes-210-211-213_2018.pdf (ridecarta.com)

I was searching for this webcam when you arrived in Charleston

Screenshot 2022-03-23 071433.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I must be clueless because I didn’t notice this today. I did notice that it took us a long time to get to the port and be cleared they did not clear us to leave the shop until almost 9:30. We had Ron Jon shuttle tickets at 10:15. We were supposed to be out there at 10 o’clock. I know there was an earlier time, I think it was 9:3 so they should’ve been out there at 9:15 they would never have made that. I’ll see if I can find out the issue. 

The tug Escambia was with you the whole time, and it pulled away 23 minutes after you got the dock, so I'll guess they wouldn't release passengers till it left.

16 minutes ago, BillOh said:

The tug Escambia was with you the whole time, and it pulled away 23 minutes after you got the dock, so I'll guess they wouldn't release passengers till it left.

Tug won't leave until the ship is successfully tied up and 23 minutes is enough time for that to happen.

Cocoa Beach is beautiful today. But it is very crowded. There was almost no one here when we got here but by about noon I think all the local people decided they were going to the beach and skipping work.😁

437E8C38-AC59-40A0-B1FD-35781D6E0470.thumb.jpeg.65f2998906bc507f757eb05bb123b9b0.jpeg

DCE6E90A-3E34-458C-8002-A93DB7510FE1.thumb.jpeg.a0be6658bb446241d05f403c24c7b65c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.2bad9e5e8e04f8d7bcc4432e51b820d8.jpg

The sand is very soft and smooth there are no rocks and very few shells and you can walk into the water with ease, no drop off. 

F35C672A-1B09-4605-8159-DFBBECDA0A90.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/27/2022 at 2:02 PM, AnyWayIsGood said:

Your itinerary is a different order than ours, which got changed around a bit. Charleston was our last port before heading back towards Baltimore. Great pics. We will be going back there again next year on a Celebrity cruise - already looking forward to seeing more. This time we did the ship's "Patriots and Pirates" walking tour. First time we were ever there. 

Any chance you are on the May 25 Celebrity Summit cruise next year that includes Bermuda, Charleston, Newport and Martha's Vineyard?

FYI— on the FB group for this cruise a person had posted last week that she has tickets for a shuttle that will pick up just outside of the terminal for $15 rather than the $19 pp for ship shuttle. The shuttle takes you to Cocoa Beach. She just posted she has waited an hour for a return shuttle. . . And none in sight. 

Our driver was excellent. The bus was air-conditioned and he even helped us carry our beach bags and packages up the front stairs of the bus. Of course, he got a tip. 🥰

we don’t usually do ships tours but this was a good price and reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I went to the Ron Jon surf shop to get a few gifts for the kids and grandkids. We got a 15% card along with our shuttle ticket. It actually turned out paying for excursions.

B580AD09-4A7F-440B-8AD7-F3530C3CBC8A.thumb.jpeg.f4270188d481736eedd8a63ec1aadc01.jpeg

Paying for this excursion. Sorry didn’t see my mistake earlier. 

2 hours ago, JHU said:

Any chance you are on the May 25 Celebrity Summit cruise next year that includes Bermuda, Charleston, Newport and Martha's Vineyard?

Actually we're on the 5/13 for this year - doesn't include MV; however, I'm probably going to be canceling and moving to next year since right now I have two cruises booked for May that overlap. Long story....

We haven’t gotten to Coco cay yet, but it’s a beautiful day. It’s warm not a cloud in the sky the high is supposed to be 84 today. I texted with my sister-in-law yesterday and she said it was 39 at home.

Here is another beautiful sunrise. We have been very lucky with our weather so far.

FDB908BB-2C6C-40B3-8E17-EE5F450AA17F.thumb.jpeg.8a9eb7b887f10b95b312cee07c2b9996.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 4