Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

13 hours ago, alex_drew said:

Delta, I hate to admit this, but I actually printed my Set Sail pass for this coming Saturday even though I have it on the App, just because I'm paranoid that for some reason I won't have whatever "service" I need at the terminal.  Sorry...I do try with all of this technology but why would I worry about it when I can just print... 😝

As did we.  We always print out everything.  Set Sail pass, covid test results.  As great as the technology is, it's a bigger pain to have to switch through different apps to find what I'm looking for.   I'm not worried about the cell service for it, but it literally is physically easier to just show paper docs. 

• Like 5

@DragonOfTheSeas did you notice many taxis out front?  In the past we've walked everywhere (including to the ferry to Ft Sumter) but my knee doesn't do distances well.  We want to go to the aquarium on this trip and even though it's not a long walk, we'd prefer to grab a taxi over and use my knee to walk in the aquarium itself and walk back if we have to.  I know the Dash doesn't go there from the ship and it would take a while to get there.

1 hour ago, BND said:

@DragonOfTheSeas did you notice many taxis out front?  In the past we've walked everywhere (including to the ferry to Ft Sumter) but my knee doesn't do distances well.  We want to go to the aquarium on this trip and even though it's not a long walk, we'd prefer to grab a taxi over and use my knee to walk in the aquarium itself and walk back if we have to.  I know the Dash doesn't go there from the ship and it would take a while to get there.

I didn’t notice any taxis it all out front. But we didn’t get off the ship until after 10 o’clock and arrived at seven so maybe a bunch of people got in taxis and left and they just weren’t any there at that time. 

Your itinerary is a different order than ours, which got changed around a bit. Charleston was our last port before heading back towards Baltimore. Great pics. We will be going back there again next year on a Celebrity cruise - already looking forward to seeing more. This time we did the ship's "Patriots and Pirates" walking tour. First time we were ever there. 

Sorry about that last post my app was frozen so I just had to post to empty and move on from there. Actually you can get to the aquarium using the dash he would get on the green line in front of the pier and ride at three or four stops to where it intersects with the orange line and transfer to that and it goes directly to the aquarium but it would probably take you 15 minutes or more to get there. 

Charleston is very busy today. I have a map app on my phone and if you look at each of the locales, (for example the waterfront Park) It’s listed as busier than usual. And the small restaurant, Fleets Landing, that is beside the pier is listed as as busy as it gets. That kind of gives you an idea. And that five alarm fire that I talked about, just makes the downtown area crazy. 

3 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Sorry about that last post my app was frozen so I just had to post to empty and move on from there. Actually you can get to the aquarium using the dash he would get on the green line in front of the pier and ride at three or four stops to where it intersects with the orange line and transfer to that and it goes directly to the aquarium but it would probably take you 15 minutes or more to get there. 

And, it can be walked in that much time.  We'll see what we decide to do.  

There is a dash stop in front of the pier. However we wanted to get out and walk a little bit, so we walked down to the waterfront Park to get on. And we’re glad we did. Many people got off at that point so there.were seats. by the time we got down to the pier many of the seats were gone.7D5A9DCF-B3C9-4159-A291-274D6B34FBC7.thumb.jpeg.819c8e336845f41c1fe0f9f87e8ce1db.jpeg

We had just missed the 10:30 bus. But, that was OK it give us a few minutes to look around the park. I found this app on the dash website and it gives you an idea of when the next bus is coming. I’m including a Screenshot. 

29218C1E-2C64-4C6C-8674-873AB4E6F627.thumb.png.83ed5a8685faaa408f05a2b5435a1f38.png

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 1

9AF7EAE6-00F7-4F52-A796-EA393ED35821.thumb.jpeg.6a72eee7d30b22d31cb665505dc601a9.jpeg

The old US Custom House is across from the port. It was closed today. It is a National Park Service site.

The Charleston skyline.

33A04388-701C-4E07-B89E-A8094FEC821F.thumb.jpeg.c79134b8ecd0c57883830a77b71b51fd.jpeg

I’m not sure why so many of my pictures are going in sideways. So I have not been posting them. I know that some others that are on this cruise are reading this thread. I hope we all had some of your experiences. 

image.thumb.jpg.1ca248f34eb228cb84233b89ad50fbd2.jpgGoodbye Charleston

It’s been a beautiful day and everybody’s out enjoying the deck a little breezy a bit on the chilly side. But it’s a bargain compared to what it has been.

image.thumb.jpg.0d024ecf17b34d592f0b638c45b988ac.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.f50a8846d2b0185d182f60e8ce401258.jpg

The sweet 16 is being shown on the big screen and on the TV.

image.thumb.jpg.35717a920feed19a2db0107655179d28.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 2

We are booked on Enchantment for May. There has been some talk about having to have a health visa and a Covid test before going to Nassau. Did you have to do that or is the Covid test you had before this cruise enough for getting off at Nassau? Thanks for your input.

Edited by sunny days

Just now, sunny days said:

We are booked on Enchantment for May. There has been some talk about having to have a health visa and a Covid test before going to Nassau. Did you have to do that or is the Covid test you had before this cruise enough for getting off at Nassau? Thanks for your imput.

We haven’t had any kind of information on that. I’m pretty sure we don’t have to do that.

18 minutes ago, sunny days said:

We are booked on Enchantment for May. There has been some talk about having to have a health visa and a Covid test before going to Nassau. Did you have to do that or is the Covid test you had before this cruise enough for getting off at Nassau? Thanks for your input.

We were in Nassau in Dec.  No need to worry about any of that.  Cruises are different than flying in.

2 hours ago, BND said:

We were in Nassau in Dec.  No need to worry about any of that.  Cruises are different than flying in.

Yes, I think what you heard might have been for people flying in to Nassau to begin a cruise there.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Yes, I think what you heard might have been for people flying in to Nassau to begin a cruise there.

I was responding to the poster sunny days. So, um okay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Good comedian at tonight's show! I thought about going to the adult show as well as the earlier one, but then was just too tired. 

The content of the adult show was just so funny. It was hilarious. One of the funniest I’ve heard in a long time. And of course it was a little raunchy. But the last few comedians that I’ve heard have tried to be funny by just dropping as many F bombs as they possibly could. This comedian  used his fair share but the continent was just so funny.

• Like 2

We have just entered Port Canaveral there’s a carnival ship, The freedom of the sea which is next to the observation tower I call the Shard, and a Disney ship. CA637D3E-F439-47B0-BF8B-E928B593C092.thumb.jpeg.d7dc3c78d5b6c3137a45e6a4253062be.jpeg

BF6948B0-C1F0-4546-978A-C1DE69EFC9D0.thumb.jpeg.f703634ee8facbc2a3e3d9c7c6ea156a.jpeg

868C4726-4558-45B1-9CFB-C7E4DC2C0307.thumb.jpeg.851d26e30942b701a0a19136ba1b64e5.jpeg

our dock is way out in the hinterlands. It’s not near anything as a matter fact except for the freedom of the seas you really can’t walk to anywhere from the location of the ships. You have to have either an excursion the taxi, an Uber, for some other transportation to leave the port.

76ACBD05-378B-42A1-9ED7-86A3CE0E7DAF.jpeg

• Like 1

We are taking a shuttle provided by the cruise ship today that will take us to the Ron Jon surf shop parking lot which is across from Cocoa Beach. That part of the beach is known as Alan Shepherd Park and there’s a nice bathhouse with restrooms and showers etc. right there. We’re going to rent chairs and do nothing all day. It’s an absolutely beautiful day sunny and it’s getting warmer. It was pretty chilly out to see with the wind blowing. Our high is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s. 

• Like 1

For cruise compasses and other documents, I use adobe to scan it on my phone and than convert it to a jpg photo.  I can't remember who suggested that, but the cool part of it is that it auto crops just the document for the perfect photo to post here.

Also, your photos may be saved exactly as you took them.  If you took the picture with your phone sideways, it will save them sideways unless you edit them to the correct orientation.