Can a passenger be changed before final?

JillK

I am still waiting to hear back from my TA but thought I would post in case anyone is able to offer some insight. 

We have two cabins booked for a cruise this July with final payment due on Tuesday.

It now appears that my eldest daughter will be unable to join us and she is listed as the primary on the second cabin.

Are we able to switch her out with my son without triggering a re-price? (We booked at a favourable resident rate that is no longer available.)

Secondly, should we wish, could we then further switch pax between our two cabins without triggering a re-price (ie. put my husband and son in one cabin and myself and daughter in the other)? 

Thanks to all for the assist! 

As to the question of switching people to different cabins, you can do that onboard at passenger services.  As long as there is an adult in the room, they don’t care who is occupying the cabins, but best to let them know.

As to your first question about changing one person for another before you cruise, you can do that directly with Princess as long as one person in the cabin remains the same and one person is an adult.  You or your TA would have to call them.  This will not trigger a refare.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

As to your first question about changing one person for another before you cruise, you can do that directly with Princess as long as one person in the cabin remains the same and one person is an adult.  You or your TA would have to call them.  This will not trigger a refare.

Ok thanks - sounds like it's do-able but currently all my kids are under 18 so there are currently two teens (17 & 16) in the cabin and I would switch to one teen (16) and one child (he's 12). 

Still waiting on my TA.... might have to call the agency and see if someone else can help - not sure what his "hours" are but he missed a price drop for me a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from him at all since except for auto reminders about final payment. *sigh*

One occupant in the cabin has to be over 18 years old with a minor.  So, one adult and one or two minors in cabin #1 and one adult and one or two minors in cabin #2.  You cannot have two minors, under age 18 booked in the same cabin.  You may get away with it once onboard with two minors together, but check to be sure with passenger services.

Unfortunately, since you used a TA, they must be the ones to facilitate the changes.

A few years ago we had two   16 year olds in a cabin. Also a 13 and 16 year olds in another cabin. However, both of these cabins each were adjoining cabins with their parents.So maybe okay when it is adjoining. Also their cabin was linked as minors with their parents cabins. I set up their personalizers and had to go into their parents booking to then get into the childrens.

1 minute ago, nini said:

It is not uncommon to switch "adults" from one room to another after boarding. I think we just went to passenger services.

Absolutely right,  once onboard you can do whatever you please.  As long as the original booking is correct.  People change cabin arrangements all the time.  Most won’t even bother telling Passenger Services.

Interesting thoughts on not having minors in a room together. 

I had initially called a Princess agent to get a quote - being aggressive she booked us without deposit... on her own and without my direction, she put my husband and I in one cabin and then put my kids in another cabin at the complete opposite end of the ship (same deck). 

I am currently booked hubby and I in one cabin with my teens in the cabin next door. 

Still waiting on agent... shheshh.