Delta Inflight Entertainment

dsvd79

I haven't flown Delta in ages.  For our Alaskan cruise with Air2Sea we are on Delta from JFK to SEA on a 757.  I see that Delta has the back seats built in entertainment with a jack.  Can we use wireless headphones with these? or do I need to buy the old headphones with a jack?

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 11:41 PM, purduemom1 said:

Earphones are complimentary in first class on Delta and maybe in comfort plus. There is a charge in main cabin. 

Yes to free in comfort plus also

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Those "free" Delta earbuds just will NOT stay in my ears...and they sound terrible!

My experience as well.  I find the entertainment systems on any aircraft less than intuitive and easy to use at times.  Maybe if I was more of a "techie", it would help.  

And don't get me started on those "touch screen" displays.  I seem to always find the one seat on the plane where the right portion of the screen will not respond to touch...I cannot scroll more than 4 movies across!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Those "free" Delta earbuds just will NOT stay in my ears...and they sound terrible!

I can't use earbuds at all. Usually the good over the ear ones are given in business/first . I occasionally bring my travel ones and have even used them on tours when necessary.

23 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And don't get me started on those "touch screen" displays.  I seem to always find the one seat on the plane where the right portion of the screen will not respond to touch...I cannot scroll more than 4 movies across!

You too?  On one flight, the screen worked well initially, but, then froze.  The Flight Attendant was able to get to work again.  After a few more minutes, it froze again and she was unable to get it to work again.  

Yep...just happened on my latest flight a couple of months ago.  Once just before pandemic times I was in Delta One and the screen would not work at all.  They ended up having to reboot the system which affected EVERYBODY in Delta One section for almost 20 minutes.  Thankfully that's not real common.

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Once just before pandemic times I was in Delta One and the screen would not work at all.  They ended up having to reboot the system which affected EVERYBODY in Delta One section for almost 20 minutes. 

My experience was on a Singapore Airlines flight in Business Class:  Singapore-continuing after a stop in Hong Kong-San Francisco.  The system had to be rebooted during our fueling stop in Hong Kong.  After take-off, it worked for awhile and then did a repeat performance of the problem.  The Flight Attendant was able to get it to the flight information page (showing where we were, etc.) and, since I really ought to get some sleep, I didn't "bother" the system again.  

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You too?  On one flight, the screen worked well initially, but, then froze.  The Flight Attendant was able to get to work again.  After a few more minutes, it froze again and she was unable to get it to work again.  

Hope you got a good will credit from DL...they usually do this...which is normally $50.00.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hope you got a good will credit from DL...they usually do this...which is normally $50.00.

Good for you if you've gotten an actual credit from Delta for this.  Usually they just want to throw you some skymiles for it!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Good for you if you've gotten an actual credit from Delta for this.  Usually they just want to throw you some skymiles for it!

Yes, I have but, I would have preferred my screen to work. My DD recently flew DL and she got a $50.00 credit too...not sure if it's because flights were business/first though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

I did not think of asking for any credit.  Frankly, the entertainment systems on planes have little interest for me.  The screen that interests me the most is the flight data/flight path screen.  If the system had a cockpit view of take-off and landing, that would be of interest to me as well.  Not sure that such exists on any flights.  

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I did not think of asking for any credit.  Frankly, the entertainment systems on planes have little interest for me.  The screen that interests me the most is the flight data/flight path screen.  If the system had a cockpit view of take-off and landing, that would be of interest to me as well.  Not sure that such exists on any flights.  

Yes...That would be interesting. One of our flights can't remember which one did have a great visual of exactly what/where we were flying over.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, rkacruiser said:

If the system had a cockpit view of take-off and landing, that would be of interest to me as well.  Not sure that such exists on any flights.  

Not a cockpit view, but I know on my QF A380 flights, there was a tail view, about the same, though you actually see the top of the aircraft as part of the view.

• Like 1