Advise Needed - Tell me what you think

titanguru

Hello NCL cruisers.  Took a cruise March 13, 2022 on the Bliss to the Mexican Rivera.  I was going to post a summary of our trip and answer any questions but currently butting head with NCL.  I received an email on February 27, 2022 (see attached) saying I should hurry and book a March 2022 cruise and get two additional latitude points per night.  This is important to me because it would've got me to platinum.  We just retired and were looking forward to being able to take long cruises we were not able to take while we were living the rat race and bringing family and grandkids on trips with us.  NCL says that this promo was if I booked in March.  I checked all the terms and conditions and nothing concerning this date.  See the attached email and tell me if this does not say hurry and book today or you would loose this opportunity.  What do you think?   

Gmail - HURRY — Your February Latitudes Rewards Are Ending.pdf

25 minutes ago, titanguru said:

Hello NCL cruisers.  Took a cruise March 13, 2022 on the Bliss to the Mexican Rivera.  I was going to post a summary of our trip and answer any questions but currently butting head with NCL.  I received an email on February 27, 2022 (see attached) saying I should hurry and book a March 2022 cruise and get two additional latitude points per night.  This is important to me because it would've got me to platinum.  We just retired and were looking forward to being able to take long cruises we were not able to take while we were living the rat race and bringing family and grandkids on trips with us.  NCL says that this promo was if I booked in March.  I checked all the terms and conditions and nothing concerning this date.  See the attached email and tell me if this does not say hurry and book today or you would loose this opportunity.  What do you think?   

Gmail - HURRY — Your February Latitudes Rewards Are Ending.pdf 2.48 MB · 5 downloads

To get those extra point deals, like with any cruise line's special offer, you must:

1. Book an eligible cruise

2. Book that cruise when the offer is active

It doesn't matter when the cruise itself takes place. Just because you sailed in March doesn't mean you'll get the extra points per night. Even if the cruise were one of the ones eligible for the offer, you'd only get the points if you booked when the offer was active or updated your booking after the offer went live.

Look at your booking confirmation. If one of the promo codes in the upper right corner is LATDBLX, then you booked when the offer was valid and you get the extra 2 points/night. If you don't have that code, you won't get the points. It's not automatically retroactive; if you booked in October (for example) and your booked cruise became eligible for this extra points offer in November, the promo would not automatically be added to your booking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

DO NOT click on the OP's link. 

It takes you to a non-NCL site that has red virus warnings and risky flags show up as it opens and automatically  starts to download.

It's nothing of the sort.

Its a PDF of an email the OP uploaded to Cruise Critic and when you click on it a download starts from Cruise Critic not from a third party site and the file is not infected

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanguru said:

Gmail - HURRY — Your February Latitudes Rewards Are Ending.pdf 2.48 MB · 13 downloads

As well as not mentioning a March boking period it also states they are February offers so you are correct.
You have followed the instructions to book a cruse that sails before the end of March.

image.png.0ecb60a13972a1df9489d9f95e9ded7c.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick responses.  Very confusing.  Also in the bottom in the area for Terms and conditions it says "Two additional points per night on cruises through March 2022".  It does not say that I had to book the cruise in March.  So far NCL says I booked outside the promotion period.  What Am I missing?  The following is NCL response se far.

I understand what you are saying, but your reservation had to booked between:  August 1st and September 30, 2021, to qualify for the double points. 

0?ui=2&ik=4b90bb9902&attid=0.9&permmsgid=msg-f:1728473089651972418&th=17fcc51e00871942&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8BcF-F9w8_67XStKJjmE5SbOeKggRO7e_y7-Rxge87WdR0snxH1c2Bb4ITkcR3_BLF1eMaiySQsQnJxc9aMd7qJhL3Vp5354ohBiq3ObnLVJylDjgkATYVmvU&disp=emb

When we extended our promotion, it applied to all cruises starting April 1st and beyond and opened: December 10, 2021-February 28, 2022. 

0?ui=2&ik=4b90bb9902&attid=0.10&permmsgid=msg-f:1728473089651972418&th=17fcc51e00871942&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9-rPumzpTgEwwvvF6BdnwBKkYsgCUJoN7uJusmpuuVILRZjvQG7D4mPd996Siv-gfWOlHI1hsofw6ZvCwWM6y8Yoou_TQTNb-0wqYFFp3gaszy3fXhzHXCzxA&disp=emb

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

You booked February 28. 2022, which does not fall within any of the dates mentioned above.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

DO NOT click on the OP's link. 

It takes you to a non-NCL site that has red virus warnings and risky flags show up as it opens and automatically  starts to download.

Would you please edit your post.  It might stop others from continue to follow the thread and providing input.  It is a PDF file of the email I received on February 27.  Thanks Homosassa.

14 minutes ago, titanguru said:

Thanks for the quick responses.  Very confusing.  Also in the bottom in the area for Terms and conditions it says "Two additional points per night on cruises through March 2022".  It does not say that I had to book the cruise in March.  So far NCL says I booked outside the promotion period.  What Am I missing?  The following is NCL response se far.

I understand what you are saying, but your reservation had to booked between:  August 1st and September 30, 2021, to qualify for the double points. 

0?ui=2&ik=4b90bb9902&attid=0.9&permmsgid=msg-f:1728473089651972418&th=17fcc51e00871942&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8BcF-F9w8_67XStKJjmE5SbOeKggRO7e_y7-Rxge87WdR0snxH1c2Bb4ITkcR3_BLF1eMaiySQsQnJxc9aMd7qJhL3Vp5354ohBiq3ObnLVJylDjgkATYVmvU&disp=emb

When we extended our promotion, it applied to all cruises starting April 1st and beyond and opened: December 10, 2021-February 28, 2022. 

0?ui=2&ik=4b90bb9902&attid=0.10&permmsgid=msg-f:1728473089651972418&th=17fcc51e00871942&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9-rPumzpTgEwwvvF6BdnwBKkYsgCUJoN7uJusmpuuVILRZjvQG7D4mPd996Siv-gfWOlHI1hsofw6ZvCwWM6y8Yoou_TQTNb-0wqYFFp3gaszy3fXhzHXCzxA&disp=emb

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

You booked February 28. 2022, which does not fall within any of the dates mentioned above.

You booked too late for the first promo period (since you booked after that ended on September 30), and your cruise sailed too early for the second promo period (eligible cruises embark on April 1 or later and yours embarked on March 13). Unfortunately the promo periods and your timing just didn't mesh.

FWIW, most (not all, but most) of this year's Alaska sailings have the point bonus. Early season cruises mean reduced prices and dry weather! I'm headed back to Alaska at the end of April to grab those points and go Platinum.

Edited by coastcat

I got that same email and booked an April cruise after receiving it. I also understood from the email that you had to book in February to get the bonus points. My confirmation does include the code LATDBLX so that tracks with the promotion being valid in Feb. When did you find out they weren't giving you the extra points?

19 minutes ago, coastcat said:

You booked too late for the first promo period (since you booked after that ended on September 30), and your cruise sailed too early for the second promo period (eligible cruises embark on April 1 or later and yours embarked on March 13). Unfortunately the promo periods and your timing just didn't mesh.

I read the email to say that you get 2x bonus points for cruises through March 31 (which OP's was) and 1x bonus points for cruises after April 1.

1 hour ago, sleepergirl said:

I got that same email and booked an April cruise after receiving it. I also understood from the email that you had to book in February to get the bonus points. My confirmation does include the code LATDBLX so that tracks with the promotion being valid in Feb. When did you find out they weren't giving you the extra points?

24 hours after the cruise i checked my account and it showed 7 points.

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

FWIW, most (not all, but most) of this year's Alaska sailings have the point bonus. Early season cruises mean reduced prices and dry weather! I'm headed back to Alaska at the end of April to grab those points and go Platinum.

Thanks.  The issue is not the dates NCL sent me.  The issue is I received an email from NCL telling me that my February latitude about to expire and I will miss getting two additional points per day for cruises in March.  Please seen attached PDF of the email.Gmail - HURRY — Your February Latitudes Rewards Are Ending.pdf

The latitudes offers aren't always applicable to every cruise in the specified time period.  When you go to the site, there is a link that lists what cruises are included.  I was on the Bliss in February (booked in January) and also did not get extra points.  No mention of the Mexican Riviera on the offer.

image.png.a6b428b18e5888db567d767dfa7edb5e.png

I am going to call NCL on Monday.  I reviewed the email top to bottom including the terms and conditions and I still don't see any limitation to get the extra points due to date of booking, sailing dates, or destination.  Will update you after I talk to NCL.  Thanks everyone.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, coastcat said:

Look at your booking confirmation. If one of the promo codes in the upper right corner is LATDBLX, then you booked when the offer was valid and you get the extra 2 points/night.

So just to make sure I'm not crazy, LATDBLX means you get a total of THREE per night? I read "extra 2 points/night" as regular 1 +2 extra = 3.... right?

11 hours ago, EricCLT said:

So just to make sure I'm not crazy, LATDBLX means you get a total of THREE per night? I read "extra 2 points/night" as regular 1 +2 extra = 3.... right?

It means you get 2 additional points/nite.  Depending on your state room category you will either get 3 or 4

• Like 1