Do You Agree?

HamOp

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Didn't bother watching it as I am guessing it is clickbait - and at 14 minutes in length I have better things to do with my time.

That said, I like HAL, and that is all that matters to me.  ;  )

Not Click-Bate at all.  It's a very interesting critique and well worth your 14 minutes. I enjoyed it, you might too.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Can you give us a synopsis? 

In a nut shell, it dispels many of the stereotypes about HAL.  Features the newer ships. Very HAL positive IMO.  

• Like 4

I watched it, I thought it was worth watching.  No click bait, and the opposite of saying we're all old and boring. To answer the question, I agree with almost all he said.  I would say that I found the food in the MDR on our last cruise to not be as good as in the past, but this was last fall during Covid.  I'm pretty sure this video was made pre-Covid. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I watched it, I thought it was worth watching.  No click bait, and the opposite of saying we're all old and boring. To answer the question, I agree with almost all he said.  I would say that I found the food in the MDR on our last cruise to not be as good as in the past, but this was last fall during Covid.  I'm pretty sure this video was made pre-Covid. 

He mentioned how HAL staff served food in the Lido before the pandemic so i think it is pretty recent. 

• Haha 1

Ok, I watched it.  It's click-bait in the sense that the couple holding their thumbs down in disapproval have NOTHING to do with the video.  Nothing.  It must be a stock photo used to get folks to watch, or in my initial response, to ignore.

I agree that the video was positive, given by a very thoughtful and well spoken gentleman.  He is a Holland America fan.  It does make me want to book a cruise on one of the Pinnacle Class ships.

• Like 2

It's actually a good video.  I've seen his videos before and he does a great job.  

For the most part, I agree with him.  However, there were 1 or 2 things I disagreed with.  One was his comment on how the daily scheduled hasn't changed much in decades.  IMO, there's been a significant decline in activities in the past decade.  

• Like 2

If HAL would have just embraced their product and advertised quiet, peaceful ships, we would have sailed with them years earlier.

It’s been wonderful being on ships that feel like ships rather than floating party resorts with hawking vendors everywhere.

It’s astonishing to me parent Carnival  hasn’t cashed in on HAL’s reputation and “owned” their best (IMO) brand differentiator.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, matthewthompson87 said:

If HAL would have just embraced their product and advertised quiet, peaceful ships, we would have sailed with them years earlier.

I so agree.  It is not perceived as the American way, don’t you know we all want Hollywood and Disneyland?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I so agree.  It is not perceived as the American way, don’t you know we all want Hollywood and Disneyland?

I work in Hollywood and love Disneyland… but there’s a time and place for everything. 😉

• Like 3

Gary Bembridge does a good job with his YouTube channel.  I find him to be sensible and fair.  What he's saying in this HAL video is that HAL has a reputation for catering to old fuddy duddies, a reputation it does not deserve.  I, too, wonder why Carnival Corp doesn't promote it more as a traditional way to cruise.  Traditions, class, gourmet, etc.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Even brought some tears to my eyes since he keyed in on the features we came to love too - HAL is for travelers; not just tourists. Where HAL takes you can matter even more than how they take you, in the big picture.

Thanks for the link and for  those who reported back so positively to make me want to try - did not realize it was this guy -who  really does a great job on all his cruise videos- kind and even handed.

• Like 5

YT shows this video was posted two weeks ago, so is about a current as you can get. As mentioned above, Gary's an unemotional straight-shooter, with a considered view and delivery, always worth watching about cruising. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kwb101 said:

Gary's an unemotional straight-shooter,

If this video is by Gary then he has changed.  That is click bait, 100% click bait.  Gary if you are reading you need not to succumb to such methods.  I am a subscriber and would not have and did not click on that video - it does not represent his professional standards.