John Heald plans a goodbye for the Ecstasy on October 10

Honolulu Blue

Our first cruise/ship.

Got it from my boss, some promo thing that he likely stole it out of a package meant for OUR customers.

Was only a couple months later they had that fire on the lower aft deck, was all over the news

• 4 months later...

Thanks, everyone, for the discussion!  Ecstasy's last cruise is just a few days away.  Mr. Heald is still planning to see her off.

Speaking of seeing her off, has anyone heard anything about the Ecstasy's future plans after this cruise?  Has anyone bought her and plans to use her as a cruise ship somewhere far away?  Or is her true last journey to Turkey or India to be scrapped?

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks, everyone, for the discussion!  Ecstasy's last cruise is just a few days away.  Mr. Heald is still planning to see her off.

Speaking of seeing her off, has anyone heard anything about the Ecstasy's future plans after this cruise?  Has anyone bought her and plans to use her as a cruise ship somewhere far away?  Or is her true last journey to Turkey or India to be scrapped?

I don't think anything has been confirmed but I would assume she will be heading to Aliaga to be scrapped once they get whatever they want off the ship. Hopefully some of the neon signs and decor (aside from the Rolls Royce that has already been removed) can be saved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don't think anything has been confirmed but I would assume she will be heading to Aliaga to be scrapped once they get whatever they want off the ship. Hopefully some of the neon signs and decor (aside from the Rolls Royce that has already been removed) can be saved.

Maybe they'll sell or auction the decor to the passengers?  Everything must go, right? 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Maybe they'll sell or auction the decor to the passengers?  Everything must go, right? 🤣

I'd love this sign from the piano bar if that's the case.

_IMG2401.jpg

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Unless they plan on pulling anything else off for Celebration, everything inside will be sold with the ship, minus probably her coin and bell.  

While they probably won’t auction anything, there was a contact at Aliaga who could get stuff from the Carnival ships, I have a few items from Fantasy and Inspiration, however it wasn’t cheap by any means. 

2 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Unless they plan on pulling anything else off for Celebration, everything inside will be sold with the ship, minus probably her coin and bell.  

While they probably won’t auction anything, there was a contact at Aliaga who could get stuff from the Carnival ships, I have a few items from Fantasy and Inspiration, however it wasn’t cheap by any means. 

I don't know how typical this is, but I noticed on the Sunshine they were selling coins that were made from brass hand rails removed from the original Mardi Gras. So I wouldn't be surprised if they take other artifacts off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

They will remove some things like the emergency generator.

16 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Once beached, the shipyard can sell anything that is worth more than scrap value to buyers.

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don't know how typical this is, but I noticed on the Sunshine they were selling coins that were made from brass hand rails removed from the original Mardi Gras. So I wouldn't be surprised if they take other artifacts off.

Its certainly possible, I am curious if that brass was donated to them or they kept it in long term storage, many items donated to Celebration came from Peter Knego (I believe).

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They will remove some things like the emergency generator.

Once beached, the shipyard can sell anything that is worth more than scrap value to buyers.

Yep, just stating it is possible to get items; however it comes down to the owner of the scrap company that bought the ship, some do resell stuff and other keep it for themselves. 

56 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

I am curious now, what artifacts do you have from Fantasy? I would have loved to have had something - anything - from the Cat's Lounge.

Edited by mz-s

14 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Odd question, but after its final sailing is it going straight to the scrap yard? Or I'd assume they'd empty the ship out as much as possible.

My guess is she may stay in Mobile for a few days to offload nonessential crew and any artifacts/equipment they want to save, then she'll begin the long journey to Aliaga.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Odd question, but after its final sailing is it going straight to the scrap yard? Or I'd assume they'd empty the ship out as much as possible.

I was told she was going to Miami first, for final preparations and crew transfers then to Aliaga as final destination. 

• Thanks 1

Guest BasicSailor
9 hours ago, mz-s said:

I'd love this sign from the piano bar if that's the case.

_IMG2401.jpg

There were a few that I would love to have as well. Perhaps a memorial for the memories.

Ecstasy073.jpg

Ecstasy083.jpg

Ecstasy085.jpg

Ecstasy082.jpg

17 hours ago, mz-s said:

I am curious now, what artifacts do you have from Fantasy? I would have loved to have had something - anything - from the Cat's Lounge.

I have Fantasy’s Guys Burger sign, one of the deck plans from deck 10 (lido) and Inspiration’s Serenity sign. 

• Like 3