John Heald plans a goodbye for the Ecstasy on October 10

Honolulu Blue

Many months ago, I was trying to convince the wife to go on this last sailing on the 10th.  She wasn't having it between kids in school, time off work (she works at the school), etc.  She agreed to let me book a trip on the Ecstasy for her and I during the summer and we were on the last sailing before the Rolls Royce came out.  We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and are sad to see the Ecstasy go!  Such a gem.

• Like 1

Carnival Ecstasy has departed on its last cruise before it gets scrapped. It is a 5 day from Mobile to Cozumel and Progreso. I wish I had the chance to go on this ship but I wasn't able to. We can still experience the Fantasy ships with Elation and Paradise.

Who would have thought 3 years ago there would be only 2 fantasy class ships left?

One thing that could have been nice was for Carnival to do a final tour around the east coast so people like me could see it. But let's face it, they don't really care about me seeing for the last time.

One of the saddest things about Ecstasy leaving the fleet is that it is in excellent condition.

If you have any memories and/or pictures of Carnival Ecstasy, please share.

I live within an easy 4 hour's drive of Charleston so my wife and I sailed on Ecstasy several times when she was in Charleston. Here is the Lido deck one early morning, I believe this was as we were approaching Amber Cove on one of the first calls to the port after it was completed. And another shot is Ecstasy anchored offshore Half Moon Cay. And finally, Ecstasy moored in the Royal Naval Dockyard in Bermuda. 

_IMG0492.jpg

_IMG2301.jpg

_IMG3054.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

..One of the saddest things about Ecstasy leaving the fleet is that it is in excellent condition..

My husband and I agree with this statement.  We just returned this morning from a 5 day/4 day B2B on this ship and she was in great shape. I did not hear the official numbers for the 5 day but it appeared to be fully booked. DH heard the capacity was 2200 for the 4 day.  The pictures @mz-s posted could have easily been taken today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tradestock said:

My husband and I agree with this statement.  We just returned this morning from a 5 day/4 day B2B on this ship and she was in great shape. I did not hear the official numbers for the 5 day but it appeared to be fully booked. DH heard the capacity was 2200 for the 4 day.  The pictures @mz-s posted could have easily been taken today.

I saw Ecstasy docked in Miami last year before she restarted operations and even then she looked good from the outside. While you could call her dated or outmoded, I would never describe her as derelict. And her crew and food - always at the top of their game in my experience. I have been on many ships since Ecstasy but after nearly every cruise my wife and I say to each other, "it was great but we would have just as soon been on Ecstasy" - frankly I'd book an 8 day cruise on her tomorrow if I could. I will be on her sister Elation in January. I have nothing against the Fantasy class.

• Like 1

I'm so sad to see the Fantasy Class ships leaving the fleet, I'd rather they sold off the Destiny class first (or whatever they're calling it these days). With the exception of Fantasy herself, I cruised at least once on all of them over the years. They are far and away my favorite CCL class. Few silly gimmicks, only a couple minutes walk to anywhere, just good old fashioned cruise ships.

I'm sure Elation and Paradise's days are numbered, but I really hope they still have a few years left. Once they're gone, so will everything that was the "old Carnival". Some would say that's a good thing, but I disagree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

Sad for many of you all, even Bahamas Paradise sold their one Carnival ship (of this class), to scrap last year to continue during Covid. 

The ship Bahamas Paradise sold was the old Carnival Celebration, which was NOT a Fantasy-class ship.

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Yes.

Nope. The Ecstasy is part of the Fantasy-class. The Celebration was part of the Holiday-class.

HOLIDAY CLASS

Holiday

Jubilee

Celebration

FANTASY CLASS

Fantasy

Sensation

Imagination

Inspiration

Fascination

Ecstasy

Elation

Paradise

6 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Nope. The Ecstasy is part of the Fantasy-class. The Celebration was part of the Holiday-class.

HOLIDAY CLASS

Holiday

Jubilee

Celebration

FANTASY CLASS

Fantasy

Sensation

Imagination

Inspiration

Fascination

Ecstasy

Elation

Paradise

All of these ships existed before COVID (except Jubilee that was scrapped earlier). Soon only two will. How quickly the industry changed.

• Like 2

Yes.

10 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Nope.

I think we're getting confused here.

The ship @gkbiiii and I were discussing was the GRAND CELEBRATION, formerly the CARNIVAL CELEBRATION (not to be confused with the new CARNIVAL CELEBRATION, which will start sailing next month).  That one is in the Holiday Class, since the Grand Celebration and the Carnival Celebration are the same ship.

The Carnival Ecstasy, the ship in the title of this thread, is in the Fantasy class, which is NOT THE SAME CLASS as the one the old Carnival Celebration/Grand Celebration is in.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2022 at 7:08 AM, toad455 said:

Would love to hear a live report of her final sailing. First Fantasy-class ship to actually get a proper farewell.

20 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Anyone on board right now? Would love to follow along.

The YouTube couple called ParodeeJay, are on this sailing now and always do daily videos of their cruises so the first day is on there already. You can follow along that way which is what I'll be doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

The YouTube couple called ParodeeJay, are on this sailing now and always do daily videos of their cruises so the first day is on there already. You can follow along that way which is what I'll be doing.

Thank you for naming them. I watched another video series of theirs a few months ago and didn't save it anywhere and couldn't find it when i wanted to go back to revisit it.

• Like 1

I think we're getting confused here.

The ship @gkbiiii and I were discussing was the GRAND CELEBRATION, formerly the CARNIVAL CELEBRATION (not to be confused with the new CARNIVAL CELEBRATION, which will start sailing next month).  That one is in the Holiday Class, since the Grand Celebration and the Carnival Celebration are the same ship.

The Carnival Ecstasy, the ship in the title of this thread, is in the Fantasy class, which is NOT THE SAME CLASS as the one the old Carnival Celebration/Grand Celebration is in.

Who's sails first? What's on shore? I don't know is on third berth!😊

• Haha 1