Alaska Cruise Tour Protocals

33 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I do not know what you are saying.

I do not think testing is needed as that just changed a few days ago.

Hard to keep up with Canada but I thought they eliminated additional tests.

They are talking about cruise tours and the requirement to test.

Information was posted today.

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Boy...I'm sailing Alaska in May and am still confused by testing procedures, and if this thread says anything about that, as it might, but not sure because it sure is cryptic.

Have you gone to Royals website? They now have protocols listed. It's not that confusing. 

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I bet those land rules change next week when Canada gets rid of entry testing.

I'm thinking you're right.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks!  Looked at those earlier and they don't look different from the ones I saw over the weekend.

OP had me confused as to what S/He was saying.  Something about an "inter sail test"?  Which sounded almost like you had to take another test while sailing?

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OP had me confused as to what S/He was saying.  Something about an "inter sail test"?  Which sounded almost like you had to take another test while sailing?

Based on the rules now, still prior to the Alaskan cruise season's start and before the changes we know and expect are coming, you'd have to get a test to get off the ship. That's a port of call or to disembark at the end.

After April 1 you won't have to get tested to step off the ship.

Edited by smokeybandit

43 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Have you gone to Royals website? They now have protocols listed. It's not that confusing. 

Might not confusing to you if you aren’t on one of the first sailings.

Below was issued on March 7

Guests wanting to take a cruise that departs from a Canadian port, or one that has a Canadian port as a port of call included, will need to take a PCR test within 72 hours before they board. 

An antigen test is also accepted; however, only if it was taken within one day of boarding. That means that the current standard that is in place in the US, 48-hours before boarding, is not valid for cruises that call in Canadian ports. 

Edited by crzndeb

8 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Might not confusing to you if you aren’t on one of the first sailings.

Below was issued on March 7

Guests wanting to take a cruise that departs from a Canadian port, or one that has a Canadian port as a port of call included, will need to take a PCR test within 72 hours before they board. 

An antigen test is also accepted; however, only if it was taken within one day of boarding. That means that the current standard that is in place in the US, 48-hours before boarding, is not valid for cruises that call in Canadian ports. 

And Royal hadn't issued any protocols then. Royal recently issued them and Royal won't benefit if they put out the wrong protocols. I'm assuming some clarification is coming out of Canada on this soon. Especially since Royal has different protocols if it ends in Canada vs not. 

Royals protocols actually line up with Canada no longer requiring a test to enter if fully vaccinated - which was announced AFTER the cruise requirements were though from what i saw didn't specify if it included cruises. 

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I'm thinking you're right.

Thanks!  Looked at those earlier and they don't look different from the ones I saw over the weekend.

Choose your port of departure and the Alaska information is there.  That information was not there over the weekend.

The OP is doing a cruisetour so they are required to buy and bring a proctored test to use between the cruisetour and cruise.

Edited by reallyitsmema

As off right now…sailing from Canada to Alaska….

Requirements

Testing is required to enter Canada and to board the ship. These requirements vary depending on guests’ age and vaccination status. 

Required Testing to Enter Canada

All unvaccinated guests age 2- 11 must provide a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before your flight’s departure to Canada or an antigen test no more than 1 day before your flight’s departure to Canada. Vaccinated traveler’s have no test requirement to enter Canada.

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet boarding requirements in line with U.S. CDC guidance.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. If timed properly, the same PCR test result provided for entry into Canada can satisfy this requirement. Note: Royal Caribbean will not accept an antigen test to satisfy the pre-cruise testing requirement to board.
  • Unvaccinated kids' pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids' test at the terminal.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.

All guests, or their legal guardians, will need to download the ArriveCAN app or visit the ArriveCAN website to provide mandatory travel information prior to and after your entry to Canada. Learn more about Canada arrival requirements.

I have a cruisetour this summer and this is the first I saw of this. I think they should treat it like a B2B and do the testing for you on the second to last day of the tour part. I consider it one trip booked for one price through royal.  Hopefully by July all testing will be history.