select dining reservation times?

catspaw1

Hi all, for select dining, Celebrity used to allow you to make a reservation time. I don't see that on our June 2 cruise aboard the Summit. Does Celebrity do that anymore?

I would hate to see a huge line at the MDR waiting to get in especially since you dine with your own party now & no table sharing.

Anyone have any experience with this? Are they still social distancing the tables?

I was able to reserve my dining times on the Summit via Cruise Planner for my upcoming April cruise.  I did it months ago. At the bottom of the page where they having the specialty dining packages you will see “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” and just  press “add to cart.”  Then follow the prompts.

12 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

Once the selections are made where can you find them if you want to double check or make a change?

If your ship is supported in the X app, you should be able to see them there under the calendar.

6 hours ago, cruiser61262 said:

I was able to reserve my dining times on the Summit via Cruise Planner for my upcoming April cruise.  I did it months ago. At the bottom of the page where they having the specialty dining packages you will see “Celebrity Select Dining Anytime” and just  press “add to cart.”  Then follow the prompts.

Thanks for the update.

I tried the planner but all they had left was 8pm - far too late for my diabetic husband. We do not want to eat at the buffet for dinner. Calling Celebrity now.

Can you just show up at the dining room at your preferred time?

6 hours ago, cruiser61262 said:

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

If your ship is supported in the X app, you should be able to see them there under the calendar.

I tried the app but couldnt do it there

You can go to Select Dining without a reservation…. You can just show up, if there is a wait they give you a pager device.  We always go for a drink but if there are medical reasons to not be able to wait… I am sure you will be moved to the top of the list.  Don’t fret about it….I can almost guarantee you they will take care of you to your satisfaction!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, whoshwhosh said:

Once the selections are made where can you find them if you want to double check or make a change?

You need to go on the desktop web site.  In the Cruise Planner you will see an area that will give you your purchase history.  It should show up there.   It will also show up on your Calendar in the Planner.    Hope that makes sense… sometimes I confuse myself.

9 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Thanks for the update.

I tried the planner but all they had left was 8pm - far too late for my diabetic husband. We do not want to eat at the buffet for dinner. Calling Celebrity now.

They leave spots for walk ins but best to take care if it now. We have been turned away at the door ( with a pager)

11 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Thanks for the update.

If you have Select Dining, while comforting, no reservations required.

Since your husband has a schedule for eating needed, just show up 15 - 20 minutes before the desired eating time... there should be no issues with seating given the number of passengers aboard any sailing at the moment.

I also recommend that you advise the Maitre 'd so they can insure there is a table either ready immediately or shortly thereafter the time desired. If you choose to dine elsewhere, please let the Maitre 'd know ASAP so they will not hold the table for a no show.

If there is an extended wait (very rare), then it is recommended that you head to the buffet to get something to tie you over for the time being.

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:24 AM, Bo1953 said:

If you have Select Dining, while comforting, no reservations required.

Since your husband has a schedule for eating needed, just show up 15 - 20 minutes before the desired eating time... there should be no issues with seating given the number of passengers aboard any sailing at the moment.

I also recommend that you advise the Maitre 'd so they can insure there is a table either ready immediately or shortly thereafter the time desired. If you choose to dine elsewhere, please let the Maitre 'd know ASAP so they will not hold the table for a no show.

If there is an extended wait (very rare), then it is recommended that you head to the buffet to get something to tie you over for the time being.

bon appetit and bon voyage

Thanks everyone for your very helpful answers.

We called the Captains club as Celebrity didn't want to do anything. But the Captains club got us into the 6pm dining even though it was booked. Since my husband has diabetes, we could not eat at the 8pm time - that is far too late for him with diabetes.

We are so grateful to the Captains club for accommodating us and for the information everyone provided here that got us the change. Thanks everyone!

BTW our June 2 sailing is very crowded- only 4 balcony cabins left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, thanks so much for asking this question.  It's been a few years since we've been on Celebrity and I didn't even know (or remember) pre-reserving was an option.  I just made reservations for us and they promptly popped up on my calendar in the app.  

Thanks to all who answered and happy cruising!

1 hour ago, peanutter said:

OP, thanks so much for asking this question.  It's been a few years since we've been on Celebrity and I didn't even know (or remember) pre-reserving was an option.  I just made reservations for us and they promptly popped up on my calendar in the app.  

Thanks to all who answered and happy cruising!

you are welcome. Glad I could help someone else out also! Can't wait to go cruising again!