RC changed my 7 day to a 3 day!

1 hour ago, MOSusan said:

It's become pretty clear to me that the online TA that I used is at fault.  I never received the letter that was posted earlier.  I noticed the change when I went on line to look at excursions.  It's been nearly 24 hours and the TA still has not returned my call.  I know what I want to do, I want to move my reservation to the next week if I could ever get in touch with someone.  I've talked with RC but they won't help.  

The letter that was posted says "If we haven't heard from you by March 30th, 2022 your reservation will be cancelled."  I can't remember if I had a non refundable deposit or not.  I started this back in 2020 when I booked on board.  

I would hate to take my blood pressure now.  

If they cancel it doesn't matter if you have refundable or non-refundable.  They refund your full amount.  You lose out on your price protection and OBC offer but all your other money's are safe.

I didn’t read all the posts in this thread but just want to say this is total BS on Royal’s part. The very same thing happened to us for our November Odyssey cruise that was supposed to be 9 nights.  They “decided’ they needed to do Press release type cruises so they cancelled our cruise and one option was to do the 3 nighter instead.  Wait~ I booked 9 nights because I wanted to cruises for 9 nights!  They know the schedule, the know when the ship is coming from Europe SO WHY IN THE SAM HILL (yes I am yelling lol) do they even put these cruise dates available to book then yank them right out from under us? Poor business practice IMHO. It seems to be their MOD on all these new ships lately.  People are already disappointed and ticked off from cancelled Covid cruises (not RCL’s fault) and then they just pull this crap which could have easily been scheduled before the first full passenger sailing booking.  If only I were Queen… 🤣🤣🤣

We did move our cruise to a 7 night on Allure in February, which was awesome, and had still enough credit to book a 4 nighter on Mariner in August so although we didn’t get to do the 9 nighter with 3 other couples as planned, we still got a great consolation.  And 2 extra nights.  Not a bad trade off!

So why am I complaining?  Not complaining, just venting that they continue this practice without regard to the arrangements and money that some folks have to do to get to the port and arrange their schedules, etc.  I know it isn’t easy for many folks.  We live in Florida and drive so not a huge deal.  Just the initial deflation when you have been planning and looking forward to your cruise then BOOM!

anyway, OP and others on this cruise, I hope it works out good for you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:  I sent emails to the TA and one to C&A hoping to get some help.  I received an automated acknowledgement from C&A that as soon as they have reviewed my request they will get back to me.  I'm usually not one for public shaming, but feeling like I had no other option, I went to the TA's Facebook page and posted the following:  

Why don't you answer your phones? I left my phone number in your queue over 24 hours ago.  My cruise is set to be canceled by Royal Caribbean.  They notified you and you failed to let me know.  I've called, I've emailed and I get nothing.  You have over $2,000 of my money.  I need resolution to this problem. 

Shortly after that post the TA responded asking for my invoice #.  I provided that and a little while later I received a call from a Supervisor.  She was frustrated with RC because of the extreme wait times that they have waiting to talk to someone.  It was too late for her to contact RC last night but she said that she was going to call them and advocate on my behalf today. 

Let's see what happens. We really just want to take the option of rebooking for the following week.  Hubby doesn't want a refund - he wants to Cruise!  We lost the other couple that was to cruise with us but we've gone by ourselves before and if we really want to relax, that's the way to go.  

Thanks for all of the support.  My fingers are crossed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSusan said:

Shortly after that post the TA responded asking for my invoice #.  I provided that and a little while later I received a call from a Supervisor.  She was frustrated with RC because of the extreme wait times that they have waiting to talk to someone.  It was too late for her to contact RC last night but she said that she was going to call them and advocate on my behalf today. 

Too bad if the wait times are long.  That is their job--to take care of their client and why they get a commission for the booking.  Not to mention, they should have let you know immediately when the letter was sent to them, given you your options then so you could decide in plenty of time for them to let Royal know what you wanted to do.  

• Like 2