Trouble with AMEX offers not posting the discount?

Jammu2

Greetings!

We had 3 cards with Celebrity offers - spend $500 get $150 back. When we have used these in the past the $150 is ALWAYS credited to our amex statements immediately.

We selected an August Celebrity cruise. We paid $500 on one cabin with one card. Then we paid $500 on the parents cabin with a different amex card. We were not credited on either card. This has never happened to us in the past. We know how to use the offers so unless something changed, we were doing it the same way we always do it.

As an aside, we have noticed other amex offers not crediting.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

I am also waiting for the $150 statement credit.  I usually spend $500 in one charge and immediately get am email stating “You have used your offer!” .  This time I split the $500 into two charges, therefore I did not get the email.  And the expiration date is March 31, so I am a little nervous this time.  I am trying to be patient, but I will feel better when the credit shows up.  I feel a little better already, knowing that others are having the same slower than normal experience.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

I received my $150 credit. You have to go through the link posted on the AE offer to get the credit. I don’t believe you get the credit if you don’t use the link and go directly to the Celebrity site. 

My offer specified online, a phone number, or through a travel agent.  So far, I have received $1,959 on my card and $650 on my SO’s card in credits.  I am very careful to read all of the small print to make sure I get it right.  No failures so far!

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

Amex offers that I've recently used haven't had credits posted yet either. I'm not concerned.

I got my $5 Starbucks offer credited immediately and an email saying I used it. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I got my $5 Starbucks offer credited immediately and an email saying I used it. 

Yes, this is what I look for and how it has worked in the past.

From past experience I know if I don't get this email right away, something is wrong.

Interesting some folks reporting 5 day delay, etc. This has been over a week.

Chat. Yes sometimes effective. Was told "dont worry you are eligible" but again, my experience has been if you dont get the email right away...

Indeed I have saved thousands as well over the years so I do have some level of experience with these...

Edited by Jammu2

On 3/30/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jammu2 said:

As an aside, we have noticed other amex offers not crediting.

Credits for Amex Offers that I used last month finally posted yesterday. Did you get your Celebrity credit?

You dont have to use any special links, you just have to have the offer added to the card before purchase (as Im am sure everyone does). We also split our cruise fare between my wife and I's cards because we both had the celebrity Amex offer. We didnt get the email that said "congratulations you used your offer" like we always get with other offers and we didnt see the credit for over 2 weeks. Most others post within a day or 2. I asked Amex about this and they said its Celebrity who is slow processing and they are waiting on them. Just give it a couple weeks and it will show up , this Celebrity offer is just much slower than the others.

10 minutes ago, XuGator said:

You dont have to use any special links, you just have to have the offer added to the card before purchase (as Im am sure everyone does). We also split our cruise fare between my wife and I's cards because we both had the celebrity Amex offer. We didnt get the email that said "congratulations you used your offer" like we always get with other offers and we didnt see the credit for over 2 weeks. Most others post within a day or 2. I asked Amex about this and they said its Celebrity who is slow processing and they are waiting on them. Just give it a couple weeks and it will show up , this Celebrity offer is just much slower than the others.

Thank you, now I feel better about the slow credit.  My charges posted on March 19 and 20, so it seems like I have been checking for the credit for a long time.  I paid $350 before the statement period ended, so I will have to pay the $150 on April 23 if I don’t receive the credit by then.  My fault, but I hate owing money and just paid too quickly.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, RichYak said:

Credits for Amex Offers that I used last month finally posted yesterday. Did you get your Celebrity credit?

UPDATE: yes, we finally received them. We were able to talk with someone at amex actually familiar with the program who said the delay was with the vendor, but I'm not so sure as the Turbotax $5 and something else released on the same day. We had to pay the full bill before the credits arrived but thats a minor inconvenience.

• Like 1

AMEX had a lot of delays with posting credits in March. A lot of my normal monthly credits for the AMEX Platinum card took longer than normal and my offer for Celebrity $150 took almost a month for the credit to post. 

They seem to be much more back on track this month as my Sirius XM credit showed up really fast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1