Transfer from ship to airport in Honolulu price?

Catch a taxi.  It would be a lot cheaper and more convenient.  We took a taxi from downtown Honolulu to the airport for around $40 last year.  From the cruise port, I can't imagine more than $20 to HNL.  The cruise ship transfer will cost you double/triple, plus the inconvenience of waiting until the shuttle fills up.

• Like 3

The port is close to the airport. A cab would probably be a better way to get there.

If you are staying in Honolulu for several days, investigate picking up a car outside the airport (Ala Moana or Waikiki). The daily airport surcharges on car rentals is awful. 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, BirdTravels said:

The port is close to the airport. A cab would probably be a better way to get there.

If you are staying in Honolulu for several days, investigate picking up a car outside the airport (Ala Moana or Waikiki). The daily airport surcharges on car rentals is awful. 

Roberts shuttle is probably the cheapest.

I agree with the rental down town.

Although I would assume they are staying a few days if they are renting a car.  I doubt they are going to the airport to rent a car to travel to another island.  It is a BIT difficult to do so. 😄

Investigate other locations for rental cars.  Years ago, there was a car rental location within walking distance of the port.  Definitely make reservations for any car rentals in the islands.  I found that the companies took the reservations first before walk ins.  It definitely saves time.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, hancock said:

Investigate other locations for rental cars.  Years ago, there was a car rental location within walking distance of the port.  Definitely make reservations for any car rentals in the islands.  I found that the companies took the reservations first before walk ins.  It definitely saves time.

Also, there has been a shortage of rentals cars since travel ramped back up.  So even with reservations people were not getting cars last summer.

We went in November and it was cheaper to rent a luxury SUV than an economy car.  BIZARRE

Not an answer to your question, but Taxifinder shows the average taxi from Aloha Tower to HNL as $31.90.

I have used HUI car rental, which is a time-based rental (think partial day) to be a great find. A two-hour rental is ~$22, cheaper than the taxi to the airport.  All day can be $109.  

Pick-up and drop-off locations are across Oahu, including Aloha Tower (you do not have to drop-off at same location as pick-up).  

You need data on your phone to use the app to open the door and start the car.  And have added the app at least 24 hours before use.

When staying overnight in Oahu, you can avoid the $$ hotel parking.  Many of their vehicles are Prius, avoiding using expensive HI gas prices. 

Aloha.