upgrading when booked with carnival fun2fly

51st FMS

I don't think there's one blanket answer to this because it often has to do with the terms/conditions of the specific fare you booked. Cruise line fares are often specially negotiated between them and the airlines, so they often have different T&Cs than "regular" plane tickets, so some may upgradeable and some may not be. So, you'll probably need to talk to the cruise line and/or airline to find out, unless it's obvious reading the fare rules of your ticket. 

• Thanks 3

I’m currently on the Carnival Freedom.

My friends bought their airline tickets thru Fly2Fun.

The just found out that AA canceled their flight tomorrow.

The people who bought their tickets thru AA have automatically been rebooked on next available flights.

Fly2Fun customers are standing at Guest Services while they are on hold with Fly2Fun trying to figure out what to do.

9 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

So, I guess no “Return Home” protection?

Tuesday. With no help from Fly2Fun for hotels. Fly2Fun left it up to them to go to the airport, try to get hotels from AA.

Otherwise, on their own.

I tried my best to help them understand the Trip Delay portion of their travel insurance. However, Carnival insurance is limited to a total of $300 per person for Trip Delay.

I am currently on vacation in the Caribbean.  AA has cancelled many flights leaving here, or connections.  I just spent some time helping someone next to me rebook her flight.  Not sure what’s going on.  Hopefully, mine will be ok when I leave!

Edited by 6rugrats

OK, so I guess Fly2Fun is not a good idea.  I'll just go ahead and book my flights with the airline.  Just thought booking flights out of 3 airports for 12 people  at Christmas would be ok.  Thanks to all who responded,

30 minutes ago, 51st FMS said:

OK, so I guess Fly2Fun is not a good idea.  I'll just go ahead and book my flights with the airline.  Just thought booking flights out of 3 airports for 12 people  at Christmas would be ok.  Thanks to all who responded,

Don't book 12 people from 3 airports.  Let every couple/family book their own.  Save yourself the inevitable headaches.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 4:04 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Don't book 12 people from 3 airports.  Let every couple/family book their own.  Save yourself the inevitable headaches.

This is the correct answer. I travel for a living so everyone expects me to coordinate family/friends trips so we all fly together. Because of some reason people think we all need to fly together, or I need to coordinate it. If they need help finding flights or getting advice on flights, I'll give it...but they're on their own. They're (usually) adults, they can handle it. And if they screw up, that's on them, not you. 

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

This is the correct answer. I travel for a living so everyone expects me to coordinate family/friends trips so we all fly together. Because of some reason people think we all need to fly together,

And don't forget the other one....couples ABSOLUTELY MUST sit next to each other.

Interesting how two adults, who probably spend many hours of every day NOT being in immediate proximity with each other, suddenly have an imperative need to be together for the X hour duration of a flight.

7 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And don't forget the other one....couples ABSOLUTELY MUST sit next to each other.

Interesting how two adults, who probably spend many hours of every day NOT being in immediate proximity with each other, suddenly have an imperative need to be together for the X hour duration of a flight.

Due to my miles and status, my wife and I are lucky enough to fly Business or First when on vacation. We get in those J/F suites/pods and basically ignore each other for 16 hours 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1