Constellation - was it ever revolutionized?

travelen41

The Revolutionizing was put on indefinite hold with the financial issues of the Covid shutdown of the cruise industry. There is not a current posted schedule that shows when and if it will resume. Best guesses are maybe in 2024 at the earliest. The only drydocking being done now are the required maintenance of ships that may or may not include some soft goods refreshing of the ships. 

We are booked in a Sky Suite on the Reflection in August and for us not having a Retreat sun deck is not an issue and the other amenities of a Retreat Sky Suite are most assuredly worth the cost. We were on the Revolutionized Equinox last year and the renovated Retreat sun deck was IMO a big waste with no pool or bar included and little no to shade. The Reflection still has a Luminae and Michael's Club lounge for exclusive use by suite guests. 

Edited by terrydtx

15 minutes ago, TMaine said:

It appears that Constellation is scheduled for refurbishment in the spring of 2023.  

That is for the mandatory maintenance and inspections and will not include the Revolutionizing changes. There will be some minor refreshment of the ship for the short time she is in drydock.

Edited by terrydtx

Just now, terrydtx said:

That is for the mandatory maintenance and inspections and will not include the Revolutionizing changes. There will be some minor refreshment of the ship for the short time she is in drydock.

That's what I thought at first but there are room category changes listed as well as Retreat after that period. 

16 minutes ago, TMaine said:

That's what I thought at first but there are room category changes listed as well as Retreat after that period. 

That is true but there will not be a Retreat sundeck or a change of Michaels Club to Retreat Lounge.  The redesignation of some categories of cabins after April 23, 2023 are to keep them inline with the fleetwide new designations. The big change is converting a few prime Sky Suites to the new Aqua Class Sky Suites on deck 6, this is happening fleet wide and probably could be done without a dry docking.

Edited by terrydtx

56 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Same question, but Reflection.

And also how is the suite situation for a ship that is not revolutionized yet? Worth it still without The Retreat?

You will still have Michael’s Club and Luminae just not a Retreat Deck. 

We cruised on Reflection in a suite a few years ago. We did find the suite lounge a bit less ‘personal’ as there are more suites on Reflection than other S class ships, no big deal. We also found the pool busier on sea days than a similar cruise previously on Equinox. 

However, we had a fantastic cruise and would happily cruise on her again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chemmo said:

You will still have Michael’s Club and Luminae just not a Retreat Deck. 

We cruised on Reflection in a suite a few years ago. We did find the suite lounge a bit less ‘personal’ as there are more suites on Reflection than other S class ships, no big deal. We also found the pool busier on sea days than a similar cruise previously on Equinox. 

However, we had a fantastic cruise and would happily cruise on her again.

Thanks. I'm debating between an 8-night Eastern on Reflection (possibly splurging for a suite) or 2 different 7-night itineraries on the Apex or the Ascent that are more Western (and would be in a solo IV). I've only done Edge on Celebrity so far (in the solo IV) and loved it.

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks. I'm debating between an 8-night Eastern on Reflection (possibly splurging for a suite) or 2 different 7-night itineraries on the Apex or the Ascent that are more Western (and would be in a solo IV). I've only done Edge on Celebrity so far (in the solo IV) and loved it.

My experience is a Sky Suite on non E Class ships are less per day per person and a better value. The Reflection is the newest (2012) non E Class ship and was refurbished in 2017. Not been on her but from all reports she is in perfect shape.

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Sorry we have not done Edge so can not give a comparison. 

• Thanks 1