LIVE from the Grand Princess: RT LA to Hawaii 4/4/22 - 4/19/22

HBCcruiser

Last night we just chilled in the suite and binge-watched The Love Boat.😂😂 We we’re tired from all of the walking we did yesterday, plus we were not in the mood for a big meal.

We we’re very late pushing off due to high winds, so the Captain is making up for lost time. It’s partly cloudy right now. We are scheduled for the Sanctuary so hoping the sun pops out. 

Posting has been difficult with Medallion Net. I have keep logging in and out. Please be patient. 

Patter Day 10;B9928219-3AB5-4305-8615-A9745C1AC4F9.thumb.jpeg.14821131bdea0fe67d15c18c307027de.jpeg

6A4E3B61-5208-435E-9348-621127D936B8.thumb.jpeg.eb24f1f220d20bf1d7522159bc01ca35.jpeg

• Like 2

We are in D736 suite is in great shape.  Last November we were in the same suite & there was many issues that we had fixed, knowing we were coming back to the same cabin in April.  Although I heard from someone in a balcony E731 it is bad shape.

1 hour ago, nunuc2000 said:

Any info on what the drydock will entail? 

I do not know. My guess is routine engine work, etc.... I thought the interior looked good.

I had a friend who wanted to do the coastal up to Vancouver and then to Alaska as opposed to getting on the ship in Vancouver and he couldn't do it because of this dry dock.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Thanks for the pics!  It brings back memories of my very first visit to Hawaii when I was 21.  My grandmother took me with her old lady friends, and we had a blast!

My first visit in 1960 as a 20 year old included visiting the Royal Hawaiian several times, now I need directions to find it! Went with best friend and her aunt and uncle, stayed over the Pali in a small town Kailua, with their friends who lived there. Oh how its changed!

• Like 1

Just now, Coral said:

I do not know. My guess is routine engine work, etc.... I thought the interior looked good.

I had a friend who wanted to do the coastal up to Vancouver and then to Alaska as opposed to getting on the ship in Vancouver and he couldn't do it because of this dry dock.

They should be replacing the thermostats in Suite F305.   They do not work.   We froze on the last cruise.   Nice window suite but just too darn cold.

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

They should be replacing the thermostats in Suite F305.   They do not work.   We froze on the last cruise.   Nice window suite but just too darn cold.

Others have reported room issues. I must have lucked out.

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

I tried walking up front and almost got blown off the ship! No sanctuary until the wind calms down.

One of our travel companions texted us that it was very blustery in the Sanctuary today, so we’re passing on it too for today. The winds yesterday in Maui were bad enough - and the ship wasn’t even moving. We plan to be up there tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Agreed! It’s going by too fast though😱

See...you should have joined me on the cruise before.  Glad you are having a great time.  Thanks for the photo travel log.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

See...you should have joined me on the cruise before.  Glad you are having a great time.  Thanks for the photo travel log.

Would have if I could have. That 4-letter thing called Work keeps getting in my way.😣😂

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Ronnieslady said:

For us the food is a little off in the MDR Club Class , than it used to be. Even from this past November on the & same ship (Grand).    Entertainment is off also compared to last November.  
Very few wearing masks & no social distancing.   Just a feeling I have been having is that this ship is hoping that everyone will come down with Covid, because of the kind of activities they are having.  For instance they had a 50s & 60s event the other night @ 8:30 in the Explorer’s Lounge, which was not listed as a party, but was stated so once it started.  (We thought it was going to be a game show).Very very over crowded, (standing room only)  no mention of masking, super encouraging everyone to sing along, pulling people down to the already crowded dance floor .  Also lots of extra doors are closed so everyone leaving or passing in show rooms & hallways are thrown together.  Makes no sense, but that’s just me & my opinion.  Can they save $ if everyone gets a light case of Covid, then they don’t have to worry about quarantining anyone.?  

Interesting opinion