Made a mistake, looking to cancel

Last night I booked  a cruise for Feb 23 under the latest Carnival turning 50 promo. I paid the $100 deposit and checked the box to have that same card charged the balance in November when its due.

This morning I just realized that the dates for this cruise conflict with something I cannot reschedule. I looked at the Carnival website hoping I could find another cruise with this promo and then weigh my options but I don't see anything.

Anyone able to offer advice on how to cancel what I have booked? Also making sure I am not charged a cruise balance in the future? Would Carnival be able to work with me in trying to move this cruise to another week and hopefully find another promo?

Ty for any advice

Since you indicate you booked this on your own (no PVP assumed?), you can go to the cancellation button and cancel outright.   That should cancel everything associated with this booking number (billing) and let you know any fees associated with it (if any). 

If you want to see if you can transfer the offer to another week then I would call CCL directly and speak to someone on the phone to see what they can do.  Yes, you might be on hold for a while but I guess it could be worth it in the end if you get what you want.  Good luck!

Edited by Drazil65

I have the same issue which I posted in the other thread about the 50% off offer.  Please let us know how it works out.  I plan on calling late today to see what can be done and will report back.  Good Luck.

Update:  No PDN promo code showing up.  So no luck changing dates with Carnival on the phone.

I took a look. I can cancel and lose my $100 deposit. I am not seeing anything as a replacement that comes close to the rate on the flash sale last night though.

I have also looked at that other commitment and it turns out there may actually be some flexibility. So at this point I will keep the booking and keep my eyes open for other promotions. 

6 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I took a look. I can cancel and lose my $100 deposit. I am not seeing anything as a replacement that comes close to the rate on the flash sale last night though.....

Once you do a booking with a deeply discounted promo code it goes away (the promo code, not your booking 😁 ).  A little while ago I had a wild hair about booking a back to back with a super offer I had, but after I did the first booking all I had were the run of the mill fares. 

(In hindsight I think I might have had a chance of success if I'd have booked the first one under my VIFP number and listed the second passenger as TBD and booked the second one with my wife's VIFP number and again the second passenger TBD.)

9 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Since you indicate you booked this on your own (no PVP assumed?), you can go to the cancellation button and cancel outright.   That should cancel everything associated with this booking number (billing) and let you know any fees associated with it (if any). 

If you want to see if you can transfer the offer to another week then I would call CCL directly and speak to someone on the phone to see what they can do.  Yes, you might be on hold for a while but I guess it could be worth it in the end if you get what you want.  Good luck!

Unfortunately the 50% off deal is a non refundable rate so you may very likely lose that $100 unless they let you transfer to another cruise immediately but that promo is over so you won’t get the same great deal unfortunately.. Good luck…

11 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Ty everyone for your help

I was able to move the other event that conflicted with this cruise so I am good to go.

Pretty excited to have another Carnival cruise booked

Good for you; you found the easiest workaround😊 . I hope you enjoy both cruises.