Difference in Cabins

CozGurl

We're looking at booking our first Princess cruise. I'm wondering about the 3 balcony cabin types - balcony, deluxe and premium deluxe. Is there really that much difference in the cabins to make it worth almost $300 more to get the premium deluxe?

And the mini-suite is basically the same price as the premium deluxe balcony cabin so I assume that I should go with the mini if I decide the premium deluxe is worth the extra money.

Help? Advice? Suggestions? Experiences?

The deluxe cabins are only on the Royal Class ships and include a small sofa in the cabin, whereas the standard balcony cabins do not.  The 'premium' deluxe cabins are exactly the same as the deluxe cabins but are in what is considered a premium location, for example, aft facing cabins.  

I think the deluxe cabins are an excellent option, while I love an aft facing cabin, I'm not sure it is worth all the extra money, whereas having that small sofa in your cabin is definitely worth it, especially on a longer cruise.  

I actually like the deluxe balcony cabins as much as the mini suites.  The difference there is a shower stall vs a bathtub.  I'm fine with the shower.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CozGurl said:

We're looking at booking our first Princess cruise. I'm wondering about the 3 balcony cabin types - balcony, deluxe and premium deluxe. Is there really that much difference in the cabins to make it worth almost $300 more to get the premium deluxe?

And the mini-suite is basically the same price as the premium deluxe balcony cabin so I assume that I should go with the mini if I decide the premium deluxe is worth the extra money.

Assume you are speaking about one of the Royal Class ships as you mention deluxe balcony categories, which are only on this class of ship.

All these cabins have a queen bed convertible to twins if you want it. They all have a large open 6 foot closet area. The bathrooms have a shower. There is a fridge in all cabins.

A standard Balcony Cat. (B cabins) has one desk chair only.

A deluxe balcony (D cabins) are very similar to a standard balcony cat. cabin except that there is a 2 seat sofa.

On Royal Class ships most balconies are 4ft x 9ft. However there are some cabins with larger balconies. You can locate these on the deck plans

The word "Premium" refers to location on the ship. Nothing is different in the interior of the cabin. On some ships "premium" deluxe balcony cabins are mainly ones with the larger balconies. You have to check the deck plans for the exact cabin and ship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CozGurl said:

I have nothing about the cabins, but, since it will be your first Princess cruise....If you are a military veteran be sure to check into the military benefits they offer.

• Thanks 1