B2B different ships in Tampa

iluv2go

We will be doing a 5 day on Carnival & when we return to port, we will board an 11 day on NCL.  How do we get from one ship to the other? We both have mobility issues so with luggage there is no way to walk between them.

TIA

1 hour ago, iluv2go said:

We will be doing a 5 day on Carnival & when we return to port, we will board an 11 day on NCL.  How do we get from one ship to the other? We both have mobility issues so with luggage there is no way to walk between them.

TIA

Depends on where is the port. You may want to pre-arrange a private car service to pick you up and drop you off at the other pier. Also, note that many ports prohibit walking anywhere other than to/from your ship to the gate. And some require that you use their busses to do so. Contact the appropriate Port Authority for specific info.

That said: If you’re talking about Miami, contact American Transportation and Limo. Excellent service!

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

if you can find out what pier you dock at & where NCL departs from  sometime a porter can walk you & luggage to the next pier but  I would look for  a taxi in case  the pier is not within walking distance

Check the port of Tampa for locations

https://www.porttb.com/facilities-terminals

Usually, NCLH ships are on the other side of Dodge Island from Carnival Ships. And, even if they were right next door, it is doubtful that, without a substantial upfront tip, most baggage handlers would abandon their lucrative quick turnover exchange of luggage for tips gig for a time consuming stroll to another ship. 
And (since someone recommended a taxi) the last thing any taxi driver (who has been waiting in line for a cruise ship to unload passengers) wants is to not hear the passenger say “airport please.” Though some sort of license violation, I wouldn’t be surprised if the taxi driver wouldn’t accept passengers who wanted only to go the equivalent of 2 or 3 blocks across Dodge Island.

So, I’m still recommending an established private car service. Most of the ones we use will have a minimum rate and it’s worth the peace of mind.

When is your cruise? For what it's worth, it seems Carnival mostly uses terminal 3 and NCL uses terminal 2. They are close together (walking distance) so you might very well be able to get one of the porters to assist you (with a good tip). I can't imagine any taxi or other transport making that short drive.

6 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

They are close together (walking distance) so you might very well be able to get one of the porters to assist you (with a good tip).

For the OP, this would be my suggestion as well.  Don't know about Tampa, but, at Miami and Port Everglades, Porters will take your luggage (and you if you are in a wheelchair) directly to your car parked in a nearby garage.