POA Sold Out for May?

NikiPinkston

After 4 cancellations, we're booked on the POA in November, but I sometimes check fares for an earlier date.  Right now, on the NCL website, they're showing the POA sold out for all of May and the first week of June, except for the Haven.  I'm just wondering what some of my fellow cruisers think of this. Do you think they're booked 100% in these categories or is NCL still limiting capacity on the POA for the first few months of sailing? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

https://www.ncl.com/booking/guests-dates/sailing?guestCount=2&itineraryCode=PRIDE_AMER7HNLOGGITOKOANWKHNL&shipCode=PRIDE_AMER&activeStep=1&activePanel=20&quoteGuests=1|229736151|0&sailDate=NaN-NaN-NaN

8 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

After 4 cancellations, we're booked on the POA in November, but I sometimes check fares for an earlier date.  Right now, on the NCL website, they're showing the POA sold out for all of May and the first week of June, except for the Haven.  I'm just wondering what some of my fellow cruisers think of this. Do you think they're booked 100% in these categories or is NCL still limiting capacity on the POA for the first few months of sailing? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

https://www.ncl.com/booking/guests-dates/sailing?guestCount=2&itineraryCode=PRIDE_AMER7HNLOGGITOKOANWKHNL&shipCode=PRIDE_AMER&activeStep=1&activePanel=20&quoteGuests=1|229736151|0&sailDate=NaN-NaN-NaN

I have also been following POA as our sailing is next March. My guess, and it is a guess, they are limiting the passenger count.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I have also been following POA as our sailing is next March. My guess, and it is a guess, they are limiting the passenger count.

That's what I'm thinking, too, @vacation44, but I was curious if anyone has some further insight.  I'm excited to see her sail again on April 9th after two years!

The April sailings (including the one set to sail Saturday, the 9th - the first sailing back for POA’s return) have been “sold out”

for a week or two - and have completely disappeared from the NCL site. That seemed to indicate an imminent cancellation, but it seems no cancellation has happened yet. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

We were planning a May sailing but were not yet in a position to book due to some other life variables.  So, I've been tracking this for months.  As previously stated, the four April sailings all went "sold out" suddenly and within a day or two disappeared from the NCL website.  Numerous reports suggest that they are still sailing.  Then, last week the three May sailings that weren't already showing sold out, suddenly showed sold out for all rooms other than suites.  Those (along with the first sailing in June) have also now disappeared.  While both the April and May cruises were still available, I regualarly sampled the sailings to get an idea of how many rooms had been booked.  I am highly confident that none of those sailings had exceeded 50% in bookings, and some likely much less.  It has to be crew, and perhaps supply chain issues, that is driving this.  It's not high demand for these early POA sailings.  I've instead booked an Oct POA and fully expect things to get ironed out by then.  Until she sails this Sat, we really won't know much more.

• Like 2

I am scheduled for the POA on April 30 2022. We have not received any cancellation notices as of today, Monday April 4, 2022. The 1st start-up cruise is scheduled to leave this weekend. I am sure if that cruise is cancelled, then those notifications would have been sent already? I do think she is going to sail, it's just at what guest capacity and what crew complement is she going to sail with? Notifications were sent about certain dining venues being closed/unavaliable. So i think its more about staffing and not exceeding the guest capacity based on staffing that's triggering these "sold out" dates. 

POA crew has different regulations and labor protocols  that must be followed, so different variables go into the make up of this unique cruise. 

Just my 2 cents....

• Like 2

A few weeks ago @ChiefMateJRK posted that April sailings were removed from the web site. I went checked with several of my go-to online sources and sure enough, April was no longer being sold which correlated with Chiefs observations. BUT, last week I double checked and low and behold, April was available again but May was sold out. Today, both are showing sold with the exception of Haven in May. I don't pay too much attention to Haven pricing availably, as there are lots of reasons for NCL to sell those cabins regardless.

Consumers have only been given a 4 day notice for the last-minute Escape cancellations. If these sailings are truly cancelled, I would hope customers get more than 4 days notice since Hawaii is a crank for most folks. 

Could be just a staffing issue and NCL is limiting passengers. We will know shortly. 

• Like 1

We are booked on POA for departure July 23 and returning July 30 - I see from their webpage as attached above that the cruises departing July 30  through to August 27 are also "sold out" for except for Balcony & Haven - something odd is going on!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeroWA said:

We are booked on POA for departure July 23 and returning July 30 - I see from their webpage as attached above that the cruises departing July 30  through to August 27 are also "sold out" for except for Balcony & Haven - something odd is going on!!

Now it showing that way for the rest of the year!  Yes, very odd and confusing too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Agreed.  Just curious why there are several references to the Haven when it does not exist?

On several brokerage sites the upper tier cabins are listed as suite/haven which likely lead to confusion.  

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bocadude85 said:

I saw POA yesterday sitting in port with smoke coming out of her stacks, seems to me they are getting her ready to set sail this Saturday.

I think we're 80% sure she is sailing now.  We just need to hear about the experience.  It will likely be just fine (reduced staff, reduced passengers, reduced restaurants).  I wish we had made the cut to get on a May sailing, but Oct will work just fine.  The world's getting back to normal, but we ain't there yet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Agreed.  Just curious why there are several references to the Haven when it does not exist?

I think I started that by saying everything was sold out except for the Haven when I meant the suites.  Mea culpa!

15 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

I saw POA yesterday sitting in port with smoke coming out of her stacks, seems to me they are getting her ready to set sail this Saturday.

Thank you Bocadude85.  This makes my heart happy! ❤️😎

Edited by NikiPinkston

1 hour ago, 4 cruisers said:

What made you say that?

Cruises blanked out as sold out for an extended period usually means one of a few things:

- computer glitch

- private charters

- itinerary changes

- dry dock

- covid cancellations

- ship sold

- who knows what else

It's very unlikely every sailing was suddenly sold out.

I used the disclaimer that I was simply adding to the pure speculation and knew nothing.

2 hours ago, dolfan1980 said:

Cruises blanked out as sold out for an extended period usually means one of a few things:

- computer glitch

- private charters

- itinerary changes

- dry dock

- covid cancellations

- ship sold

- who knows what else

It's very unlikely every sailing was suddenly sold out.

I used the disclaimer that I was simply adding to the pure speculation and knew nothing.

Normally i would agree with this 💯, except the POA must hire a vast majority of American Crew due to legal requirements. It was challenging to staff the POA pre-covid. I can’t even imagine the difficulty now. NCL already released an email saying that they were reducing some amenities onboard due to staff shortages. Since it’s Thursday here in Hawaii (lol), and Sundays departure hasn’t been cancelled, I’m leaning heavily toward limited capacity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Since it’s Thursday here in Hawaii (lol), and Sundays departure hasn’t been cancelled, I’m leaning heavily toward limited capacity.

Well, this is NCL....  That said, since we're only two days away from Saturday's sailing, I think folks should be okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, this is NCL....  That said, since we're only two days away from Saturday's sailing, I think folks should be okay.

Ohhh.,... a Saturday departure. That's even more encouraging. I do think we are safe to say she will be sailing!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Ohhh.,... a Saturday departure. That's even more encouraging. I do think we are safe to say she will be sailing!!!!

I agree.  It seems to be a go.  Very happy for those sailing.

• Like 1