Medallion Size/Dimensions?

Tean94

I've found some nice silicon Apple AirTag wristbands an a popular sales site, which look like they'll work perfectly for the Princess Medallion, but at half the cost and in multiple colors.  The AirTag is 1.26 inches in diameter.  I'm wondering what is the actual diameter of the PM?  Also, this wristband encases the medallion, rather than relying on a magnet, which seems could easily pop out, especially with my teenagers.  LOL

Can someone provide me the diameter of a Princess Medallion and has anyone used an AirTag wristband with their PM?

TIA!

1 hour ago, Tean94 said:

I've found some nice silicon Apple AirTag wristbands an a popular sales site, which look like they'll work perfectly for the Princess Medallion, but at half the cost and in multiple colors.  The AirTag is 1.26 inches in diameter.  I'm wondering what is the actual diameter of the PM?  Also, this wristband encases the medallion, rather than relying on a magnet, which seems could easily pop out, especially with my teenagers.  LOL

Can someone provide me the diameter of a Princess Medallion and has anyone used an AirTag wristband with their PM?

TIA!

So I've not used an AirTag but I believe others have with success. I have my medallion and ruler in front of me but I can't get as exact as your measurement. If I use inches, the ruler looks like 1.2 or 1.3 inches but I'm using a Walmart 25 cent (back to school sale) ruler if you get what I mean. If I use cm, I'm eyeballing it at 2.9 cms. Sorry that's as close as I can get for these old eyes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tean94 said:

TIA!

I don’t have anything but a ruler to Measure it. See photo I hope this helps. 
Tony

9BC1D3FE-6613-439C-BBC7-B7556B989E53.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The Medallion fits the Air Tag holders perfectly.

I'll give it a shot.  I can always return the wristbands if they don't work out.

Thanks!

Edited by Tean94

Thanks for this information. I just ordered these on the e buy place, I hope they fit. Seems a bit more secure than just sitting in the magnetic ones that Princess sell. They are listed as an Apple AirTag fit.

AirTag Holder.jpg

Medallion Airtag Watch.jpg

6 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Thanks for this information. I just ordered these on the e buy place, I hope they fit. Seems a bit more secure than just sitting in the magnetic ones that Princess sell. They are listed as an Apple AirTag fit.

AirTag Holder.jpg

Medallion Airtag Watch.jpg

So, with the Apple Air Tag, what do you attach the ring to?  Trying to wrap my mind around the Medallion and all the gizmos.  I had planned to use a lanyard and put the medallion inside the clear plastic where a name tag should go.  Upon seeing the actual size of the medallion, I can see it will be lost in the plastic the size of a business card.  Does Princess provide anything for the medallion, or is it an extra charge?  Our first cruise since pandemic coming up June 11, 2022.

7 hours ago, GloriaF said:

So, with the Apple Air Tag, what do you attach the ring to?  Trying to wrap my mind around the Medallion and all the gizmos.  I had planned to use a lanyard and put the medallion inside the clear plastic where a name tag should go.  Upon seeing the actual size of the medallion, I can see it will be lost in the plastic the size of a business card.  Does Princess provide anything for the medallion, or is it an extra charge?  Our first cruise since pandemic coming up June 11, 2022.

I am going to attach it to a sparkly rhinestone lanyard I already have. Actually after I ordered the airtag type one, someone posted that the medallions now come with a clear plastic round holder thing as standard. Which if that's what I receive I will just attach that instead. It seems they may have moved on from the card sized clear plastic holder and replaced it with the smaller round one. Anyone confirm this ?

4 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

Yes, that is what it was for me for my December and March cruises. 

Well that's perfect. I will just replace the stock standard lanyard it comes with, with my own sparkly number and I'm off. Cheers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Well that's perfect. I will just replace the stock standard lanyard it comes with, with my own sparkly number and I'm off. Cheers.

That should work, but the one it comes with has an open back, it snaps into a saucer-like plastic holder. Some people have reported that it can fall out, but probably not likely. Just giving you a heads up. I would look for an Air Tag pendant that might be more secure. 

Edited by seeyouinthesun
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

That should work, but the one it comes with has an open back, it snaps into a saucer-like plastic holder. Some people have reported that it can fall out, but probably not likely. Just giving you a heads up. I would look for an Air Tag pendant that might be more secure. 

Thanks. Yep see above, I have ordered an airtag type holder and some of the watch bands. They seem quite secure. 

• Like 2

I just ordered these today for the 4 of us.

Our first cruise ever will be in June to Alaska on Discovery Princess!  We're very excited and think these wristbands will be a nice accessory. 😀 

1786681861_Screenshot_20220405-182200_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.3184933ebbbb4bb3e8d1e150858f0851.jpg

Edited by Tean94
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tean94 said:

I just ordered these today for the 4 of us. Our first cruise ever will be in June to Alaska on Discovery Princess!  We're very excited and think these wristbands will be a nice accessory. 😀 

Our first cruise ever was a 10 day round trip to Alaska out of San Francisco. We had a tiny (135 square feet!) interior cabin on Sea Princess. I absolutely knew I would hate everything about cruising. I know I get seasick in rough water and I was certain that everybody on board would be some uppity snob. My wife assured me that "you won't feel the motion on a ship that size". Riiiiiiiiiiiight... The first night out I woke up to the ship rocking and rolling like crazy. The next morning everybody was bouncing off the wall in the hallways trying to walk. (Fortunately I didn't believe her and got patches from my doctor.)

As it turned out, I absolutely loved pretty much everything about the cruise and when we got off in San Francisco I wanted to get right back on the ship. I envy you your first cruise and hope that the weirdness of Covid protection and the new app don't mess things up for you. You only get one first cruise and I will always remember mine as a wonderful experience. Bon Voyage!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Our first cruise ever was a 10 day round trip to Alaska out of San Francisco. We had a tiny (135 square feet!) interior cabin on Sea Princess. I absolutely knew I would hate everything about cruising. I know I get seasick in rough water and I was certain that everybody on board would be some uppity snob. My wife assured me that "you won't feel the motion on a ship that size". Riiiiiiiiiiiight... The first night out I woke up to the ship rocking and rolling like crazy. The next morning everybody was bouncing off the wall in the hallways trying to walk. (Fortunately I didn't believe her and got patches from my doctor.)

As it turned out, I absolutely loved pretty much everything about the cruise and when we got off in San Francisco I wanted to get right back on the ship. I envy you your first cruise and hope that the weirdness of Covid protection and the new app don't mess things up for you. You only get one first cruise and I will always remember mine as a wonderful experience. Bon Voyage!

We're doing a 7-day Seattle RT.  We did get the Princess Plus package, as I wanted to drink as much diet soda and not have to stress about it.  Driving from Utah as flights are at least $800 more expensive than gas and hotel stays.

We also got a Balcony cabin Mid-Aft on deck 10. I'm most excited for the food!  I hear Princess has some of the best. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tean94 said:

I just ordered these today for the 4 of us.

Our first cruise ever will be in June to Alaska on Discovery Princess!  We're very excited and think these wristbands will be a nice accessory. 😀 

1786681861_Screenshot_20220405-182200_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.3184933ebbbb4bb3e8d1e150858f0851.jpg

Where did you buy these?