No more COVID tests?

LindaJ+

My friend got this notice today (I will, too, once hubby digs it out of his email)

All guests ages two and above will require a medically observed, negative viral
COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within one day of embarkation. We
strongly encourage all guests take a viral COVID-19 test prior to leaving home
to avoid travel disruptions of a positive test result at the pier.

Why don't they just SAY ... "We're going to test you at the pier" ... why be so inscrutable??

• Like 1

Has anyone used "Rapid Test & Trace" to do the telemed proctored testing? I need a certificate that says I've tested negative before I start my trip later this month. I have the test kits, I just need a site to proctor the test and issue the certificate. I'm curious about RT&T's reputation. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, LindaJ+ said:

Why don't they just SAY ... "We're going to test you at the pier" ... why be so inscrutable??

I've read a few posts that interpret HAL's language "Bring negative COVID-19 test result taken within 1-day of embarkation. For guests unable to obtain this, we are currently offering complimentary antigen testing at the terminal" to mean if they choose to get a medically-supervised test, then they won't have to again be tested at the pier. I am not sure if that will end up being the case, but it does seem to be worded (for now) to allow those who don't want to do testing at the pier and pay for one instead to do so if they desire.

2 hours ago, Shipswap said:

I’ve used  the ‘ Rapid Test And Trace’ on their Canadian site and it went 

smoothly and quickly. We plan to use them for boarding on our Amsterdam  cruise.

Thank you! I just booked our sessions for later this month. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

We board the Rotterdam Sunday May 1st in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.  We use a home test at Friday April 29 to decide whether we will visit a commercial tester at Saturday April 30.   HAL asks all passengers to present a medically supervised test result (antigen or PCR) upon embarkation to prevent long queues of passengers who have to be tested in the terminal.  That is my (and other passengers') interpretation of the new April 14th rules, chequed by quite a few passengers by calling the HAL office. 

That HAL tests at embarkation must be a relief for passengers who arrive from other countries the same day or the day before embarkation. 

On 4/14/2022 at 12:07 PM, LindaJ+ said:

My friend got this notice today (I will, too, once hubby digs it out of his email)

All guests ages two and above will require a medically observed, negative viral
COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within one day of embarkation. We
strongly encourage all guests take a viral COVID-19 test prior to leaving home
to avoid travel disruptions of a positive test result at the pier.

Is this about the test to BOARD the ship in Vancouver? Now I am really confused. On 4/11/22 there was a statement that a PCR test could be taken 72 hours before boarding, not 24 hrs. You can then take the test before you fly to Vancouver, since you no longer need a test to enter Canada.🤔😒

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PSR said:

Is this about the test to BOARD the ship in Vancouver? Now I am really confused. On 4/11/22 there was a statement that a PCR test could be taken 72 hours before boarding, not 24 hrs. You can then take the test before you fly to Vancouver, since you no longer need a test to enter Canada.🤔😒

I have the same question. Four adults in my party flying May 6th from 2 different US airports to Vancouver. Cruise departs May 7th. Can we get tested in Vancouver the evening before our cruise? Would be so much easier to test before we leave home or to test at the pier. 

24 minutes ago, PoppyBanks said:

Would be so much easier to test before we leave home or to test at the pier. 

Well, there was a post on this Board on 4/12/22 with the 72 hr test being allowed to board in Canada. I don't know how to link the post here, but the title is: HAL Update (April 11): Testing Requirements for Cruises Beginning in Canada and it included info from a HAL guidelines update. 

You do have to be fully vaccinated. But this doesn't agree with the statement about 24hr testing in post #76 above above, so I am confused, unless they are talking about Europe, not Canada. It doesn't say in their post.

HAL UPDATE.png

Edited by PSR

4 hours ago, PSR said:

I got this notice and we are boarding in Amsterdam

We're doing a land / sea HAL trip this summer.  We start with the land portion in Alaska on 6/28 and board the cruise ship on 7/3.  Will HAL provide the testing before the cruise begins as we have no opportunity for testing as we'll be on HAL excursions before the cruise?

3 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

I got this notice and we are boarding in Amsterdam

Thanks for clarifying this. The rules for Europe are not the same as for the US or Canada, so that's why your comment did not agree with what is on the HAL guide for Canada cruises going to Alaska.

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Will HAL provide the testing before the cruise begins as we have no opportunity for testing as we'll be on HAL excursions before the cruise?

Alaska Cruisetours.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sandipalms said:

Cruise embarking in Canada, if vaccinated NOT up to date on boosters I thought 2 days for Antigen test was no acceptable instead of the one day, is this correct?

Thanks and appreciate this thread.

Sorry, I do not know the correct answer to this if you aren't fully vaccinated. Maybe someone else can clarify or you can check the HAL website under their health guidelines.

16 hours ago, MAVIP said:

We board the Rotterdam Sunday May 1st in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.  We use a home test at Friday April 29 to decide whether we will visit a commercial tester at Saturday April 30.   HAL asks all passengers to present a medically supervised test result (antigen or PCR) upon embarkation to prevent long queues of passengers who have to be tested in the terminal.  That is my (and other passengers') interpretation of the new April 14th rules, chequed by quite a few passengers by calling the HAL office. 

That HAL tests at embarkation must be a relief for passengers who arrive from other countries the same day or the day before embarkation. 

MAVIP---

Later in May, we also will board the Rotterdam on a Sunday in Amsterdam.  We will be arriving in the Netherlands from the U.S. in the morning the day before, staying in a hotel in the area of the airport.  If possible, we would prefer to get a medically supervised test on Saturday, rather than add that to the busy process at embarkation.

Are such tests readily available in the Netherlands, perhaps at pharmacies?

Thank you for any advice!!  Enjoy your cruise!!

39 minutes ago, Mountainduo said:

MAVIP---

Later in May, we also will board the Rotterdam on a Sunday in Amsterdam.  We will be arriving in the Netherlands from the U.S. in the morning the day before, staying in a hotel in the area of the airport.  If possible, we would prefer to get a medically supervised test on Saturday, rather than add that to the busy process at embarkation.

Are such tests readily available in the Netherlands, perhaps at pharmacies?

Thank you for any advice!!  Enjoy your cruise!!

Yes, the name of a commercial tester with 12 locations in Amsterdam and one close to the airport  is spoedtest dot nl see their website (in english too).   No tests at pharmacies in NL.  Enjoy your stay in the Netherlands and your cruise. 

12 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Yes, the name of a commercial tester with 12 locations in Amsterdam and one close to the airport  is spoedtest dot nl see their website (in english too).   No tests at pharmacies in NL.  Enjoy your stay in the Netherlands and your cruise. 

Excellent.  Many thanks!

I found a location "Schiphol/Hoofddorp" which is just 5km from our hotel.  We will book an appointment.  You've been a great help.  

Best wishes for a healthy, sunny cruise!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Shipswap and @NextOne - did either of you have an issue using the test result from ‘Rapid Test And Trace’ and getting on the ship?

On 4/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, Shipswap said:

I’ve used  the ‘ Rapid Test And Trace’ on their Canadian site and it went 

smoothly and quickly. We plan to use them for boarding on our Amsterdam  cruise.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, NextOne said:

Thank you! I just booked our sessions for later this month. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

I used Rapid Test and Trace this morning for my Zaandam cruise. Very easy. The test results email they send does not have a QR code, but was able to upload on the the Verifly app.  It was manually reviewed and approved in minutes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ready2go11 said:

I used Rapid Test and Trace this morning for my Zaandam cruise. Very easy. The test results email they send does not have a QR code, but was able to upload on the the Verifly app.  It was manually reviewed and approved in minutes. 

Thanks for posting your positive experience and acceptance by the cruise line!

I spoke to a cousin of mine at 4 PM PDT, 05/11/22, who is on the Noordam from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver. They were just leaving San Diego when the Captain came on the speakers and said masks were now required for the final five days (they dock on 05/15/22). Some passengers and crew had tested positive for Covid 19.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jeh10641 said:

I spoke to a cousin of mine at 4 PM PDT, 05/11/22, who is on the Noordam from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver. They were just leaving San Diego when the Captain came on the speakers and said masks were now required for the final five days (they dock on 05/15/22). Some passengers and crew had tested positive for Covid 19.

You do not need to post this on every thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3