Chef's Choice - Diamond Plus Perk

1 hour ago, CruiseLover15 said:

Thanks, all.  I thought the soda and snack was part of number 1 below and assumed  number 3 was something different.

Got this from the list of benefits. 

1.  Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection 2 • • • •

2.  Milestone recognition 3 • • •

3.  Chef’s Choice Gift

It is.

1. Water, soda, etc. + cookies

3. Usually chocolate covered strawberries

22 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It is.

1. Water, soda, etc. + cookies

3. Usually chocolate covered strawberries

No chocolate covered strawberries anywhere on EX the last two weeks.  In fact they ran out of any kind of fresh fruit mid week....both legs.  😮   Among many other things.  🤨

• Like 1

I was just coming over here to ask about the Chef's Choice gift. So it appears it is cookies since no one has received chocolate covered strawberries post covid. I board Friday. I'll report back after my cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cynt said:

I was just coming over here to ask about the Chef's Choice gift. So it appears it is cookies since no one has received chocolate covered strawberries post covid. I board Friday. I'll report back after my cruise.

I got chocolate covered strawberries on Enchantment 3/25 cruise.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, island lady said:

No chocolate covered strawberries anywhere on EX the last two weeks.  In fact they ran out of any kind of fresh fruit mid week....both legs.  😮   Among many other things.  🤨

They had the chocolate covered strawberries in the DL in the evening. Huge suckers. We also received a plate of them in our cabin after bringing up the rust issue on our balcony from the HD. They ran out of Robert Mondavi, Sauvignon Blanc we liked half way thru the first leg. Ended up drinking a Kim Crawford, Sauvignon Blanc we liked. 

Edited by davekathy

The Chefs Choice is not the cookies.

The cookies are the gift at Emerald and up ( used to be the little gift wrapped box if you remember) 

The Chefs Amenity is usually delivered on formal night… but I’ve received a plate with a selection of cakes 🍰 and one chocolate strawberry 🍓 on Grandeur…. On the last night! 

On 4/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, firefly333 said:

Idk cheap plastic to me. I did agree to bags but I expected the bags that are the amenity for 525 pts not some thin small plastic bags. I gave mine away to a 6 year old who was delighted with the size.  She could use them as backpacks. I let it go since I agree to bags and didnt ask what kind. She probably didnt know, her 3rd week. Wasnt any more impressed with the newbie diamond ambassador... just shrugged off most of what happened. Cant change it.

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

They had the chocolate covered strawberries in the DL in the evening. Huge suckers. We also received a plate of them in our cabin after bringing up the rust issue on our balcony from the HD. They ran out of Robert Mondavi, Sauvignon Blanc we liked half way thru the first leg. Ended up drinking a Kim Crawford, Sauvignon Blanc we liked. 

It has been hit and miss with the Kim Crawford for me.  Have found several bottles that were oxidized.  Makes the SB look more like Chard.   Should be almost clear, not heavy golden.  Tastes terrible.  I think RCI ended up with a bad shipment that was spread out.  (Got cooked on pallet waiting to load).  

The bottles I have for amenity is the recent addition of the very good (IMHO) Peter Yealands SB.  Some of the venues offer it by the glass...some don't.   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

It has been hit and miss with the Kim Crawford for me.  Have found several bottles that were oxidized.  Makes the SB look more like Chard.   Should be almost clear, not heavy golden.  Tastes terrible.  I think RCI ended up with a bad shipment that was spread out.  (Got cooked on pallet waiting to load).  

The bottles I have for amenity is the recent addition of the very good (IMHO) Peter Yealands SB.  Some of the venues offer it by the glass...some don't.   

I’ve swapped my PGrigio to be PYSB for my next cruise to try it.  Just seen it in our local supermarket for £9 a bottle ($11.75 ) so it’s classy stuff!!!

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks, I never knew that and trust your expert opinion.  Makes sense as we were served a glass in the MDR one evening and we sent them back thinking it was Chardonnay. Other than that we must have hit the mother load  as the KC SB we had was good color and tasted good.  🍷

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lakelorain said:

The Chef's Choice gift was always on formal night.  I remember getting some petit fours and some similar unidentifiable treats prior to the shut down.  Haven't received any since.  

I'm with you on the Chefs Choice been Petit fours on formal night 👌. The cookies 🍪 is a signal that the fresh ones have been put out at the windjammer nothing to do with the Chef 😇

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lakelorain said:

The Chef's Choice gift was always on formal night.  I remember getting some petit fours and some similar unidentifiable treats prior to the shut down.  Haven't received any since.  

Yes...the yummy 🤢 Fruity flavor rice krispy treats.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I’ve swapped my PGrigio to be PYSB for my next cruise to try it.  Just seen it in our local supermarket for £9 a bottle ($11.75 ) so it’s classy stuff!!!

It's something indeed I enjoy.  Usually everything from south island NZ is a hit for me...but shame the Kim Crawford is coming in cooked (oxidized).  

28 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks, I never knew that and trust your expert opinion.  Makes sense as we were served a glass in the MDR one evening and we sent them back thinking it was Chardonnay. Other than that we must have hit the mother load  as the KC SB we had was good color and tasted good.  🍷

It was so odd on Odyssey (I just made that up 😉 )  We would get it for Happy Hour at Giovanni's wine bar, and was fine.  Good color, good taste...but anywhere else...it was bad.  Different cases went to different areas I guess.  

• Like 1