Interior with picture window

Megan_Strick

However......it depends on the ship! We've had this cabin on the Magic, Dream, and Sunrise. It was TINY on the Sunrise. Saw inside cabins on the same hallway when we walked by & they had more room. I haven't downloaded the Sunrise pics yet to load here, sorry!

• Like 1

We have stayed in many of these cabins. We have always found them to be roomy. The fact of the window makes it an excellent choice of an interior cabin. Just outside the room there is  access to a small deck that not many know about. It's great for sailaways, coming into a port or just wanting some quiet time. There is usually a bench there also. You do have to do research. Some cabins are sorta L shaped and it only accommodates twin beds. These rooms are usually the ones on the end. We are sailing Sunday on the Valor with one of these rooms and cannot wait.  I think it's a great choice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheckersMidwest said:

However......it depends on the ship! We've had this cabin on the Magic, Dream, and Sunrise. It was TINY on the Sunrise.

Very true, and looking at the deck plans there also size differences even among the 4J cabins on the same ship.  I previously had spacious 4Js on Dream class but was unpleasantly surprised by the tiny 4J on my last cruise on Freedom.

The pictures shown above show a room much bigger than I have had when booking 4J cabins. I have had them on Vista and Horizon.  They were decent sized cabins and I loved having the window and the proximity to the “secret” deck at the front of the ship.  Most of the 4J cabins don’t have sofas in them.

Vista deck 7. I like the layout. Fridge next to the bed in particular. But apparently the smoke detector is closer to the bathroom. I have a habit of leaving the bathroom door open when I shower and I set the smoke detector off 3 or 4 times.

AE8CF116-FFF1-4CDC-8648-40BFE8B963B2.jpeg

614B936F-7626-4692-B426-B1DFD0C7CF53.jpeg

79307B2B-6ED8-47BE-8BE4-FB4C5A79C1E0.jpeg

9255B939-CCC8-4604-AFE9-8DB6ADB5E1F2.jpeg

D3D32199-D989-4729-99B4-614174F21F6E.jpeg

F14ADF38-8267-4E36-AC4B-64FDB2D356FC.jpeg

9341727A-6EEF-4971-AC51-8B8ACB0DFCA7.jpeg

7E3F9D7F-639D-48C0-ABAB-444A979C9487.jpeg

C9B602F8-BEF0-4B37-B599-A4364FABFA91.jpeg

46DF449B-248A-4EAE-A7FF-648276731664.jpeg

A5EC7F78-48AA-43EB-A250-0D2A568C0BFA.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

Our 4J on the Dream are like the photos above posted by Saint Greg. It was not an 'end' room but one of those in the middle somewhere.  On the Sunrise last week, the nightstand on each side of the bed...touched both the bed & the wall! No room to walk around it. The head of the bed was against the window. Also one of the 'middle' rooms.

7206 on Sunshine SUCKED. (It didn't help that the PVP I used told me this was handicapped accessible, not knowing the difference between mobility accessible and wheelchair accessible.) The two beds were stacked in the end and could not be placed side by side.This wasn't an issue, but there was no room for my wheelchair to go anywhere past the first bed.  

0215.JPG

3 hours ago, CheckersMidwest said:

On the Sunrise last week, the nightstand on each side of the bed...touched both the bed & the wall! No room to walk around it. The head of the bed was against the window. Also one of the 'middle' rooms.

That's what I had in 7201 (middle room) on Freedom earlier this year... tiny room with nightstands against the walls and head of the bed against the window.

12 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

Aren't these oceanview cabins and not interiors?

Because the window isn't out to the sea (starboard or port) but instead to a public deck, or to deck a crew member might use, they are classed interiors with picture window. Had a fab one on Radiance with window onto the 'secret deck".