Help....Need to contact other members of Cruise Critic Directly

MrsTocko

5 hours ago, joyy7403 said:

There are many people who post on a thread that don’t read the entire post. I’ve done several M&Gs over the years. Yes, I got priority boarding, meals in the Haven, & other privileges. I’ve left it to others for several years now. I love going to them though!

I must be doing something wrong.  Never received, expected nor wanted anything for organizing a M and G. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, joyy7403 said:

There are many people who post on a thread that don’t read the entire post. I’ve done several M&Gs over the years. Yes, I got priority boarding, meals in the Haven, & other privileges. I’ve left it to others for several years now. I love going to them though!

Now I understand...some organizers get perks for originating the M&Gs.  Never realized that since I've never been afforded any perks. I just did it because I like getting people together.

If they're going to throw some perks at me for organizing it, and someone else beat me to it, I can sort of see why someone would be a little upset.

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Now I understand...some organizers get perks for originating the M&Gs.  Never realized that since I've never been afforded any perks. I just did it because I like getting people together.

If they're going to throw some perks at me for organizing it, and someone else beat me to it, I can sort of see why someone would be a little upset.

When I did it the first time, and had no idea what I was doing, had never been to one and 1st time on ncl, it was magical, the perks.  DH, loved it.  I tell him every time that those little things are not guaranteed.  And we haven’t always gotten them, depends on the ship and concierge.  We get a lot of those perks now with latitude status, but our favorite perk is being allowed to join the suite and above passengers for breakfast and lunch.  Especially breakfast. We are usually the first ones there.  Whether we get perks or not I will continue to offer to organize them.  I like doing that kind of thing. It is not much work, gives an opportunity for us to meet each other after “chatting” online for weeks or more.

but if I am not the one to do it, I’m ok.  As long as one is done.  But you know “dibs” 🤪

Edited by MrsTocko

1 minute ago, MrsTocko said:

When I did it the first time, and had no idea what I was doing, had never been to one and 1st time on ncl, it was magical, the perks.  DH, loved it.  I tell him every time that those little things are not guaranteed.  And we haven’t always gotten them, depends on the ship and concierge.  We get a lot of those perks now with latitude status, but our favorite perk is being allowed to join the suite and above passengers for breakfast and lunch.  Especially breakfast. We are usually the first ones there.  Whether we get perks or not I will continue to offer to organize them.  I like doing that kind of thing. It is not much work, gives an opportunity for us to meet each other after “chatting” online for weeks or more.

That's cool.

I have organized 3 of them.  Never received anything that I'm aware of for the effort.  I just did it because I like meeting others who are like minded....who like to cruise, and to get some Q&A time with the officers.  Plus, NCL does a nice job in welcoming us at the M&G.

I'm OK with that.

Now, part of it might be I already get early embarkation and strawberries as a Sapphire Latitudes.  But, I never got a perk in the Haven Restaurant (if I wasn't in the Haven), as an example. I was never afforded such a perk, never knew about it, never expected it.

The one time someone else organized the M&G that I inquired about it, did so a day before I made the inquiry.  No biggie.  I thought maybe someone saw I sent out a feeler for interest on the roll call and went ahead and sent the request to NCL before me based on that.  No biggie.  No misgivings.  I didn't care.  I was happy to just be a part of the M&G.

That's why I didn't understand the hoopla over someone trying to organize a M&G and finding out someone had already done it...they wanted the perks.

Like you, I already get priority boarding, so that means nothing to me.  In reality, I guess the breakfast in the Haven would be nice.  

As you say, the perks may be arbitrary and dependent on the Concierge.

I still don't think I'd organize a M&G just because I might get some perks.  Like you, I just like doing that sort of thing and meeting my fellow CC-ers.

On 9/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, afn10305 said:

@graphicguy
Again, I appreciate your reply and I promise not to "shoot" you. 😁
There is no clear misunderstanding, as there has been no communication!

While I most defintely understand the difference between starting a roll call and arranging a Meet and Greet, it has been clearly evident throughout my postings and replies to people on our roll call (since Nov. 2021) that I was doing the thing. 

If someone wanted to take it over, is it unreasonable of me to think they should at the very least post something about it, or contacted me through my posted email?  IMHO I think that would be the adult thing to do, especially since I have been doing all the "leg work" all this time. 👌🏼

What leg work? There is no leg work in setting up a M&G

Hello again, 
GOOD NEWS!

I just wanted to let you all know that with some encouragement here and a special shout-out to @casofilia, I finally got through to the right special events person who was "surprised" that when I asked again, that the original M&G request had "disappeared". 

I suspect the hijacker slunk away quietly and will most likely still be at the Meet and Greet.  

Because of that, I have since done my due diligence for our future cruises.  Yes, it seems crazy to have to do this, and I won't likely get answers from Special Events on the future cruises yet, but at least I have made my requests known.

Thank you all for your guidance👍😊

Edited by afn10305
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, JustAllie said:

I don't know how NCL handles things now, but a couple of times in the past, I got a lot of perks for being the person who put in all the effort to arrange the Meet & Mingle and organize most of the Roll Call activities. Priority boarding, concierge services, breakfast with the suite guests even though I only had a balcony cabin, etc. I certainly didn't expect or ask for any of those benefits, but they were offered to me and my cabin-mate and I did enjoy them. 

I suspect a lot of those perks are going away, and I certainly wouldn't put in all the effort just to get those perks. When I've done the organizing, it's because I wanted to get to know other cruisers. I enjoy organizing things and helping people. 

No Perks for Me on the one time I did the Meet & Greet & inherited the Roll Call...
As I mentioned earlier - we had an extremely active Roll Call.

Basically with the Meet & Greet - the organizer(s) act as the Emcee and keep the meeting going - there may or may not be activities (few or many).
In our case we had many activities during the M&G.
Others hosted the activities throughout the cruise & we all had a Great Time.

I had volunteered to do the Meet & Greet on our 19 Night TransPacific - b/c no one else did.

Then the Roll Call Originators had to cancel & asked if I'd take over the Roll Call as well.

Great Experience on both!!!

We have attended Meet & Greets w/ Multiple Organizer(s) with different peeps doing different things.

Ultimately, I believe only (1) worked w/ Special Events however...

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1