New to Platinum Status

coldinerie

We are leaving Gold behind and will become Platinum this coming cruise.  I have read the new benefits on the Carnival Website, but can you tell me, do Platinum folks get priority disembarkment at ports? Private Islands??? Has COVID affected this??  Please advise. 

two weeks ago Platinum got priority for tender to Belize.  We met at bar on deck two and they led us to stairway and when we got to deck 1 they had two lines, one for excursions and one for Platinum.  Have not been to a private island since covid so can't report on that.

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

It's time for a loyalty level above Platinum and Diamond.

Based on current spot prices of precious metals

may I humbly suggest Palladium.

I know there have been quite a few people calling for a higher loyalty level for a few years now. Sorta like fishing with a hook with no bait on it.😉

Image result for hook with no bait cartoon

12 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

It's time for a loyalty level above Platinum and Diamond.

Based on current spot prices of precious metals

may I humbly suggest Palladium.

I vote for etherium as long as we are voting. Something crypto. 

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, coldinerie said:

We are leaving Gold behind and will become Platinum this coming cruise.  I have read the new benefits on the Carnival Website, but can you tell me, do Platinum folks get priority disembarkment at ports? Private Islands??? Has COVID affected this??  Please advise. 

Depending on the port and how covid will affect the debarkation. Most of the time it runs smooth with no problems, just be aware that problems can and do arise.

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I vote for etherium as long as we are voting. Something crypto. 

You don't get to vote, you're already Ethereum 😇😉🤣

So to answer the OP's question, priority debarkation applies to tender ports where a water shuttle ride is necessary.  You'll get info in your room.  It also applies in different ways to the embarkation/disembarkation process at the beginning and end of the cruise. Of course you never need to take advantage of any of that depending on your personal plans.

6 hours ago, coldinerie said:

Just for ports that require tender.  BTW, don't expect too much when you become platinum.  It can really be a let down if you do.