Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As a person who worked on Arcadia later went on to develop Legionnaires and P&O cancelled a number of cruises on Arcadia, it's not irrational to wonder if there was Legionnaires on the ship, what with Arcadia being out of service for so long.

There is no causual link between the two. 

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

But Britannia and Azura etc have been in service for several months now, with no Legionnaires outbreak associated with the ships, so no one has been given any reason to wonder. 

How do you know that ? P&O have never said that the ships are free of Legionnaires disease.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

How do you know that ? P&O have never said that the ships are free of Legionnaires disease.

In the old days sailors got scurvy on long cruises. P&O never mention that, do they ?. We always have fresh oranges at breakfast and have never got scurvy....never...just saying 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well, I know the Britannia and Azura have been sailing for months as I’ve read reviews. I have not seen any reports mentioning any cases of Legionnaires with a possible link to those 2 ships, so I personally have had no need to wonder about it.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, Shipsareus said:

After a 27 minute wait to speak to someone I finally got through to P &O. They are adamant the refund comes from the agent. However they couldn’t confirm whether indeed they had refunded the TA. Unbelievable.

I did say that a previous cruise cancelled by them about 18 months ago resulted in a refund directly from P&O despite having booked through the very same agent. She had no answer to that!

Just glad to know we are not alone. We aren’t loyal to P &O but we have done around 11 cruises with them. We have one other booked with them, but then we do think we would have to think very carefully about going with them again.

Update. We had an email last week from the travel agent asking for bank details. Our TA had advised us it was on its way from their head office .

Still no refund, but today had another email apologising for the delay and confirmed the refund would be in our bank ‘shortly’. So, six weeks on Friday since it was cancelled . No response from my email to P&O sent about 3 weeks ago. Frustrated and disappointed.

24 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Just wondering where Arcadia's off to now,AIS shows her heading North in the North Sea,destination showing as Southampton,must be the scenic route!

Due to dock at North Shields later today - not sure for how long though.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, bobgiles said:

Hi everyone,

Just had our TA call us as they have just got off the phone from P&O.

So the latest info is P&O have today checked for her and agree the total amount we paid for the cruise is still with them and hasn't been processed yet for refund.

We paid the TA directly via bank transfer for almost all of this amount "however" we had forgot the initial deposit, back in August last year, was by CC. Checking on the old statement just as Wowzz has previously posted, even though we paid the TA the statement shows P&O, so they do indeed have our CC info. So why we haven't had this part refunded already by P&O is a mystery still.

The outcome is we still don't have our monies back but the P&O representative told our TA they would "chase" the accounts department BUT still could not tell when or indeed how the money would come back. Could be all to the TA or part to our CC or indeed a "cheque is in the post"!!!!

Anyway we are away on our Celebrity Cruise next week so will post more info if we hear or receive anything back.

Bob.

As promised update on our refund.

We got back from our Celebrity cruise yesterday and checked the post.....no cheque!

Checked credit card and a refund of the initial deposit received a couple of days ago.

Will chase TA today reference the main balance.

Bob.

7 hours ago, bobgiles said:

As promised update on our refund.

We got back from our Celebrity cruise yesterday and checked the post.....no cheque!

Checked credit card and a refund of the initial deposit received a couple of days ago.

Will chase TA today reference the main balance.

Bob.

A full refund - deposit and balance -  appeared  in our account this morning. We had initially paid by credit card but  last week received an email from the head office of our TA asking for bank details . 
So, almost 6 weeks after the cancellation we have a refund! Not desperately impressed with how this has been dealt with by P&O  and the TA - neither of which seem to be able to answer emails.

Hope everyone gets refunds they are waiting for.

We really like Arcadia, but do have concerns as to its future .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shipsareus said:

We really like Arcadia, but do have concerns as to its future .

Just heard locally from a usually reliable source that Arcadia has already been sold.... 

No proof, so possibly just a rumour, but this comes from the same person that told us Oceana was being sold before it was announced. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just heard locally from a usually reliable source that Arcadia has already been sold.... 

No proof, so possibly just a rumour, but this comes from the same person that told us Oceana was being sold before it was announced. 

Andy 

Oh dear.  Potentially ours, and no doubt others re-booked worldies gone again. 🙁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Oh dear.  Potentially ours, and no doubt others re-booked worldies gone again. 🙁

I hope not, but have to be concerned. 

Am I right in thinking Oceana went to Newcastle for stripping out before she went... 

Andy 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Oceana came to Newcastle before being announced as sold.

For all those that love Arcadia I hope it is not the same but recent events suggest your contact might be right Andy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I hope not, but have to be concerned. 

Am I right in thinking Oceana went to Newcastle for stripping out before she went... 

Andy 

Port of Tyne is 20 minutes from home so we will see Arcadia soon.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I thought it might be her or Aurora.  Frankly I hoped it would be Aurora, so we could get our deposits back and get on with othr holidays.

Aurora is due dry Dock at harland & wollf June 9th thro 23rd but QV went to Tyne prior to going h&w so maybe arcadia is getting auroras dry dock????

14 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I sincerely hope not , like many others this will be our third attempt at the world cruise, not sure what other alternatives P and O could come up with should it go ,still bookings available for 2024 but that means nothing in the present climate, and prices have risen by 9K since original booking😒

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I sincerely hope not , like many others this will be our third attempt at the world cruise, not sure what other alternatives P and O could come up with should it go ,still bookings available for 2024 but that means nothing in the present climate, and prices have risen by 9K since original booking😒

It never means anything.  They were still selling cruises on both Adonia and Oriana when they were sold.  Happened to us twice.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Aurora is due dry Dock at harland & wollf June 9th thro 23rd but QV went to Tyne prior to going h&w so maybe arcadia is getting auroras dry dock????

I think I recall reading on here that Aurora is now in need of her mandatory dry-docking for inspection to keep her necessary safety certificates etc?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

It never means anything.  They were still selling cruises on both Adonia and Oriana when they were sold.  Happened to us twice.

We booked a Med cruise on Arcadia for May 2023(I must admit to being sceptical that it would happen at the time),held back from booking a Transatlantic in September 2024 as I thought that was just stretching optimism too far.

I find it strange that in cruising circles this seems to be accepted as normal practice,surely anybody advertising something for sale that isn't really available would be frowned upon usually!

• Like 2