Bar etiquette at CocoCay

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Sorry, thought is was against me. My bad and I apologize so much... I admit when I am wrong.

I am a shrink, I might should have added the health/medical link to help 🙂 I thought you would’ve understood from my first post that I was on your side. I realize you are feeling “tense”, I’m glad that you understand now. The guy was out of line, unfortunately those people don’t necessarily pay for their sins.

P.S. But please do not pee in the sea or the ocean (at least if I am in either). 😬

😂

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

When we went in October people were at least 5 rows deep at the bar. Space is limited so a couple should be able to enjoy the area with only one bar stool.

So two people should not take up two stools? We should feel guilty?

20 minutes ago, coaster said:

Folks peeing in the sea or ocean is not a factor to me. Large amount of water. Sorry... Folks peeing in the pool at CocoCay so they keep their stool at the bar concerns me.

It your irritation matter and that is all that matters. Other opinions can take a flying leap. Got it. I feel the tide turning… Happy cruising.

Edited by AlohaLivin

I really am sorry this happened to you.  You were right & the other party was a jerk.  I just don’t think the swim up bar at the pool is a place you can expect reasonable behavior & unless it escalated to the point where the bartenders were alarmed (did it come to actual physical contact?) security was not going to intervene.  Not saying they shouldn’t but they probably wouldn’t.

Edited by poocher

Based on what I saw a couple of weeks ago, highly doubtful people were leaving the pool to go pee. Is there "etiquette" there? My guess is it's a free for all and unless you want to defend your territory there's not much to be done about it. That doesn't make the other guy right and you wrong, it's just not Sunday school going on there. 

• Like 1

Hmm. You said he was there hours earlier, so by your definition maybe you took his seat? Also if you were aware that he was there hours earlier, that means you had been taking up those seats for hours+ yourself? Frankly, I think bar stools get less “ownership” than, say, loungers, simply for supply and demand. I haven’t been to CoCo Cay yet, but I presume there are only a limited number of barstools with hundreds of people who would like the novelty experience of being able to swim up and have a drink while sitting in a pool. I think you should have let other people have a turn. I guess she sat and he was standing by his wife? You could have done the same and just given your seat to your wife and stand for a while (or vice versa). 

• Like 1

OP, why are you STILL upset about this almost half a year later????  (And if I'm not mistaken, you made a post about it back then, too?)

Seriously, let it go. 

Life is too short to fixate on one small incident that happened ages ago with someone you don't even know and will never run into again for the rest of your life.

• Like 8

OP…I get your frustration.  But, you’re still stewing over something (relatively minor) that happened 4 months ago?  Could you or security have handled it differently?  Sure!  But, it’s past, gone, buried.  

• Like 1

For someone that appears to get annoyed very easily, I have no idea why they would "hang out" at a noisy, crowded bar????

I for one, get my drink and move over to the other side of the pool "island", far away from the crowds.  Or walk the pool sipping my drink.  🙂

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 3