Reservations at The Restaurant?

ErwinSchrodinger

I just placed a deposit on a western Caribbean and partial canal transit for 2/23. Of course it is far from being able to place reservations but I noticed there is a place for reservations at The Restaurant as well as Manfredi’s and The Chefs Table. My last two cruises on Viking were pre COVID and The Restaurant was show up and we will seat you. Is this a new, post COVID protocol, do I have to make reservations at The Restaurant?

27 minutes ago, ErwinSchrodinger said:

I just placed a deposit on a western Caribbean and partial canal transit for 2/23. Of course it is far from being able to place reservations but I noticed there is a place for reservations at The Restaurant as well as Manfredi’s and The Chefs Table. My last two cruises on Viking were pre COVID and The Restaurant was show up and we will seat you. Is this a new, post COVID protocol, do I have to make reservations at The Restaurant?

This is just to get an estimated head count of how many two-person tables they’ll need set up. The norm is for tables with four or more seats. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Do they honor requests for tables of two?  Can’t remember from our only Viking cruise 3 years ago. 

Yes they do. We always got a table for two. Cruises in July  and October 2021.

16 hours ago, austinetc said:

This is just to get an estimated head count of how many two-person tables they’ll need set up. The norm is for tables with four or more seats. 

Not sure about this. In five Viking cruises—four pre-Covid and one just concluded—we’ve never had a problem getting a table for two in the MDR. They only added in the reservations for the Restaurant at the beginning of Covid, and from CC testimony reservations were not used. 

• Like 1