Reminder: Travellers to Canada (ArriveCAN)

Nghthawke

After reviewing this a bit more, I am either going to put the Ogden port address in Victoria or a hotel/airbnb in Victoria that  supports guests that have to do quarantine, even though i do not intent to get off the ship for a 5 hour stop at Ogden port. I came across a poster on CC forum put in a Vancover hotel address(that's when he/she docked) for their quarantine plan and he/she had no issue boarding their ship.

I have an acquaintance who is on the Eurodam Panama Canal cruise now which will dock in both Victoria and Vancouver before ending up in Seattle on April 30th. Passengers onboard have had to download the ArriveCAN app and she has given me permission to post the instruction letter that they were given. I especially wanted to point out that they were told to use the SHIP as a quarantine location.

InkedArriveCAN directions from HALp.1_LI.jpg

ArriveCAN directions from HALp.2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, AryMay said:

I have an acquaintance who is on the Eurodam Panama Canal cruise now which will dock in both Victoria and Vancouver before ending up in Seattle on April 30th. Passengers onboard have had to download the ArriveCAN app and she has given me permission to post the instruction letter that they were given. I especially wanted to point out that they were told to use the SHIP as a quarantine location.

InkedArriveCAN directions from HALp.1_LI.jpg

ArriveCAN directions from HALp.2.JPG

I don't know where HAL acquired its information, but the postal code shown for Victoria is for the St. John's Port Authority in St. John's, Newfoundland, the complete opposite side of the country.

33 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I don't know where HAL acquired its information, but the postal code shown for Victoria is for the St. John's Port Authority in St. John's, Newfoundland, the complete opposite side of the country.

They probably just picked any old numbers - if quarantine is to be on the ship, it will be at sea...

• Haha 1

Lesson learned...

Take picture of only the front of your vaccination paper. Not both sides. (Not the reminder side)

After submitting my ArriveCAN this morning I received my QR code receipt. (both on iphone and a paper copy)

For me it said, " Vaccination  Vaccination document (Please speak with a Canada Border Services Officer on arrival.)" 

Whereas for DW it simply said, " Immunized  Immunized"

There is no way to simply delete the second picture. I had to delete the QR code trip and then I had to delete only myself as a traveller and start over. I submitted only the front of the card this time and everything cleared up in the new QR code receipt.

Both of us now show as " Immunized  Immunized" 😁

• Like 2

Thanks from me also. There has been some great advice on this thread. I had no idea that we will need to do arriveCAN a second time for embarkation in Vancouver (flying in five days before, so over the 72 hour requirement).

Hopefully things will get more streamlined over time, but it sure feels like a slog atm. My heart goes out to those who haven’t met all the requirements,  there must be tears at the pier every now and then. 

Edited by TheLizardHouse

1 minute ago, lstrong said:

Do we have to pay a fee for arrivecan?  The site I went to wants $65. 

Watch out there are some scam apps proclaiming to be ArriveCAN.  There is no charge for the authentic one.  So a search for what the app looks like before you get yours.

• Like 1

And the rules have changed again. 😉 Much easier now.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

Government officials announced several other small changes to ease restrictions for international travellers that will take effect on the same day.

Fully vaccinated travellers, and any kids under 12 accompanying them, will no longer need to provide their quarantine plans when they enter the country.

And when vaccinated people arrive in Canada, they won’t need to wear a mask for 14 days, keep a list of contacts or report COVID-19 symptoms.

The government will also do away with the need for travellers to quarantine if someone in their group develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive.

All travellers are still required to use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information within 72 hours of their arrival to Canada and/or before boarding a plane or cruise ship destined for Canada.

Fully vaccinated travellers who do not submit their information into ArriveCAN won’t be eligible for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, may face additional delays at the border for public health questioning, and may be subject to fines or other enforcement action.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Lesson learned...

Take picture of only the front of your vaccination paper. Not both sides. (Not the reminder side)

After submitting my ArriveCAN this morning I received my QR code receipt. (both on iphone and a paper copy)

For me it said, " Vaccination  Vaccination document (Please speak with a Canada Border Services Officer on arrival.)" 

Whereas for DW it simply said, " Immunized  Immunized"

There is no way to simply delete the second picture. I had to delete the QR code trip and then I had to delete only myself as a traveller and start over. I submitted only the front of the card this time and everything cleared up in the new QR code receipt.

Both of us now show as " Immunized  Immunized" 😁

From what I understand, you would have been fine. There was no need to delete everything and start over. At worst, you would have needed to show your proof of vaccination.

You may see one or more letters beside your name on your receipt. This means that you may have to discuss one of the following with a Government official at the border:

• (Q) your quarantine plan
  • (S) your symptom self-assessment
  • (A), (V) or (I) your vaccination status
  • (D) dependent adult
  • (M) medical contraindication

To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you must have an (A), (V) or (I) next to your name. Ensure you have evidence of your proof of vaccination when you travel. It must include the type of vaccine(s) and the date(s) of your vaccinations. Be prepared to show it on arrival.

If there's no (A), (V) or (I) next to your name:

• you aren't fully vaccinated according to Canada's requirements or
  • you didn't upload proof of vaccination
Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:29 PM, AncientWanderer said:

This is just a random comment.

When I set up my travelers in the ArriveCAN app, I was stunned at how quickly it "grabbed" all the information from our passports.  I was all set to line them up carefully within the designated area on the app, but wow...I barely passed the passports over the open app and "boom" all of our passport information was filled out there in the app.

I'm definitely getting those RFID blocking passport holders they sell, and for credit cards, too.  I had no idea....

I got the rfid blocker sleeves several years ago on Amazon.  I tested them at work with my badge.  They worked!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

And the rules have changed again. 😉 Much easier now.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

Government officials announced several other small changes to ease restrictions for international travellers that will take effect on the same day.

Fully vaccinated travellers, and any kids under 12 accompanying them, will no longer need to provide their quarantine plans when they enter the country.

And when vaccinated people arrive in Canada, they won’t need to wear a mask for 14 days, keep a list of contacts or report COVID-19 symptoms.

The government will also do away with the need for travellers to quarantine if someone in their group develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive.

All travellers are still required to use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information within 72 hours of their arrival to Canada and/or before boarding a plane or cruise ship destined for Canada.

Fully vaccinated travellers who do not submit their information into ArriveCAN won’t be eligible for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, may face additional delays at the border for public health questioning, and may be subject to fines or other enforcement action.

Finally, something sensible.  Thanks for posting.

This website should give you a link to the web version of ArriveCan without the need to download an app. It also provides info on how to use the form. 
Be forewarned, the site says another update will occur April 25, 2022.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html