Celebrity Cruise Later Booking

cameronp12

We booked a cruise later booking onboard a couple weeks ago and now that we are home and done research have decided which itinerary we want to book.

Celebrity didn’t provide much guidance on how to actually assign this to our preferred itinerary. Is there a way to do it online or do we need to call?

Thanks for the help!

Hey there. I think you can call celebrity or you can book via your travel agent. I would recommend travel agent as they can probably offer extra on board credit and or better prices.

Your TA just needs to know about the booking number of your cruise later reservation. They should have given you  a card with the number at future cruise.

Good luck! And enjoy your next cruise!

58 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Question: What are the benefits of doing this onboard? You’ve peaked my interest as I think now is a good time to plan ahead. Thank you!

The advantage of doing it onboard is that it is only $100/person for deposit on a future cruise (as long as you aren't booking a suite), which is a lot cheaper deposit than usual. You also get OBC on that future cruise. The amount depends on the length of the sailing and the room type you book. If it's a 6-9 day in a balcony, it's $150. Finally, again depending on the room type, you can get a 1 category upgrade, so like a 2C to a 2B or a 2B to a 2A. In order to get the OBC and room category upgrade, you need to book within 90 days of purchase. The $100 deposit is good for a year and if you don't use it by the end of the year, the money just gets refunded to your credit card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

OBC schedule for different sailing length and cabin categories.  While onboard last week they were offering double OBC (twice these amounts) when booking 2022 sailings.

1172097058_FutureCruiseOBC.thumb.png.562cf10671892771e11697ede27da875.png

I got the double OBC onboard my March sailing. Combined with the free Elevate upgrade promo that was going on at the same time, I ended up with $600 OBC on a 6-day sailing!

• Like 1

A couple of things I learned using my Book Later Reservations...

I booked a Transatlantic Crossing and only received a $100 OBC for a Veranda Cabin. Note the heading in the first column says (4-5 Nights & Trans / Repo). I didn't notice it at time of purchase, and nothing was mentioned by the onboard Future Cruise Staff. I saw a more recent copy of the flyer and it now states (4-5 Nights & Reposition). I would assume a Transatlantic would still be considered a repositioning cruise. 

If you book with a TA and receive a Group Rate, you may have to increase the deposit amount. I had to increase the deposit to $900 ($200 from the Book Later and an additional $700). The additional $700 is refundable and the $200 would become Future Cruise Credit if I canceled before final payment. 

You have 30 days from the date you purchased the Book Later Certificate to transfer it to a TA. You can transfer the Book Later Reservation before you have selected a cruise and then will have 90 days from the purchase date to select a cruise in order to retain the OBC Offer.  

PS: If you booked the current cruise you were on using a TA, The Book Later Certificate / Reservation will automatically be assigned to that Agent unless you specify otherwise. 

• 11 months later...

I also asked my TA if I could use this offer on transatlantic, she said I had to book it 30 days after I put my deposit down, but reading the fine print, it clearly states 90 days.  Is it too late, since my booking is already made for this April Reflection T.A.?

That's two TA's with two different meanings.  Ha ha ha.