Move up- all balconies & suites booked

catspaw1

Do you know, for fact, that your sailing is booked at 100% capacity?

That, in its' self, does not mean there is "zero" chance for a move up, there are other factors to consider as to a reason you have "zero" chance, one is what was your bid for a move up or how many bids were you provided to make or did you not know that finalization of move ups can be done up to 48 hours before sailing....

So, there are other reasons beyond what is being seen in terms of what is available that will and can affect ones' ability to move up.

I trust you get one, regardless of these and other factors.

bon voyage

OK that makes me feel better.

Thank you.

Our cruise is in 6 weeks & with COVID increasing now, I think there may be some cancellations- at least I hope. Going to get my 2nd booster also. Hope we don't have to cancel either due to COVID.

4 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

I just did a mock booking & that's when it said all balconies & suites were sold out. why would that be wrong?

It is not necessarily 'wrong' we do not know how many no shows there will be, we do not know how many will be turned away at the pier, a whole lot of other unforeseen challenges which can create upgrades...

Then again, not knowing how many offers similar to yours were sent out... how much others bid for the same upgrade(s), etc... are factors that will influence rather or not you will get the upgrade.

This is not to say that all things being equal, you will not get the upgrade... I trust you will, if available.

Good luck and bon voyage

Friends of mine were booked in a RS and wanted to bid on PS, but they were “booked” so he asked what’s the point in bidding? I told him last minute cancellations occur, so just bid anyway, which they did. 

No, they didn’t get the upgrade to a PS. They THEMSELVES had to cancel 24 hours prior due to a last minute non-Covid health issue. So some lucky souls got upgraded to their RS at the last minute. And whatever those people vacated, someone got upgraded to their now-vacated stateroom. And on and on the domino effect goes, all within 24 hours of sailing.

• Thanks 1

Celebrity will allow you to bid because they want your $$$.  Anything and everything can happen quickly, so bid if you want to and have the chance.  I bid on two upper suites; they were full and remained that way.  I had a great suite, so was not in any way disappointed.  I hear about so many who get their bids on FB.