Upgrade Offers on Upcoming Cruise?

We have a June cruise coming up on the Explorer and we have made our final payment. I would appreciate any info regarding whether Regent will be offering us any cabin upgrade opportunities prior to sailing. Any tidbits on timing, value, etc. would be most appreciated. This will be our third cruise on Regent with the other two some years ago so I can't recall how this might have been handled.

Thanks very much.

You might want to check the website to see how much availability there is in the upper level cabins. If it is limited, then an upgrade offer is less likely. Given the recent two-category upgrade promotions, it may be that the category you hope for has already been filled.

The offers can be bargains or not. We recently were offered an upgrade from a standard balcony cabin to a concierge on Navigator for $399 per person. Given that the cabins are identical and the upgrade would have put us higher up on the ship, we declined. Another time, we were offered an upgrade from one penthouse category to, I think, what they considered a better one on Explorer for $599, which we declined. A week later, we got the same offer for $499, which we also declined.  Both related to post-shutdown sailings on far from full ships, and both came in a couple of weeks before sailing.

Edited by wishIweretravelling
omitted key info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

The offers can be bargains or not.

I'm new to Regent, but I thought the higher experience levels were more than the cabin. Don't you get earlier/more access to specialty restaurant reservations and shore excursions, for example?

6 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I'm new to Regent, but I thought the higher experience levels were more than the cabin. Don't you get earlier/more access to specialty restaurant reservations and shore excursions, for example?

Those perks usually have expired by the time an up-sale is or upgrade is offered.

If you request the upgrade early enough - then maybe.   

I always assumed you'd get all the [other] 'Suite Perks' of the new suite, but I've heard that might not be the case. [VC Champagne, Caviar Service, Unlimited Specialty Restaurants etc.]

37 minutes ago, daetchief said:

Those perks usually have expired by the time an up-sale is or upgrade is offered.

If you request the upgrade early enough - then maybe.   

I always assumed you'd get all the [other] 'Suite Perks' of the new suite, but I've heard that might not be the case. [VC Champagne, Caviar Service, Unlimited Specialty Restaurants etc.]

Indeed, by the time an upgrade offer comes in, the early access time is long past.  The other perks you indicate don’t come with concierge or even penthouse—they are with the named suites. And it is rare to get an upgrade offer for those.

However, one of the big benefits of concierge or penthouse is the pre-cruise hotel night. These are rarely included in the upgrade offer, usually because it is too close to the sailing to arrange them.

12 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Upgrade offers aside, you are correct.   If you can swing it I would recommend someone new to Regent try to go with the concierge level.  Concierge offers earlier reservations for specialty restaurants & excursions and an internet upgrade (4 logins).  Once you achieve Silver status (20 nights I believe) you automatically get the earlier reservation time frame & a pin 🙄(which I never received).

15 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Upgrade offers aside, you are correct.   If you can swing it I would recommend someone new to Regent try to go with the concierge level.  Concierge offers earlier reservations for specialty restaurants & excursions and an internet upgrade (4 logins).  Once you achieve Silver status (20 nights I believe) you automatically get the earlier reservation time frame & a pin 🙄(which I never received).

The future cruise consultant on board has access to these pins and Regent will mail you a set if you call them.

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Once you achieve Silver status (20 nights I believe) you automatically get the earlier reservation time frame & a pin 🙄

DRAT! My one and only reservation is 19 nights. Missed Silver by one! 😪

• Like 1

We received an offer to upgrade from Concierge to Penthouse.  Much less than if we had booked originally at that level (actually it was less than 1 person would have cost at that level!).  This was a November cruise, so lighter passenger load probably played a part.  We gained a butler and 3 bottles of alcohol, along with the "box" of goodies that has been a topic here.  I'm not sure what other perks even came with that, as the pre-night hotel was already in Concierge level.  But it was certainly a lovely stateroom (Splendor).  This was our first RSSC cruise, and I am now booked for 2 more!

• Like 2

We've found that upgrades/upsells are hit or miss.  We took an upsell on Navigator one time to go from a Cat F to a Navigator suite.  The suite itself was beautiful and spacious.  It was also underneath the pool deck on a sailing with a large corporate group on board.  A group who liked to make a lot of noise on the pool deck well into the night.  So we paid extra to have more room in a cabin that we could barely get any sleep in.

Maybe on a normal sailing this wouldn't have been an issue...but suffice it to say we haven't booked anything under the pool since then.

Many times the upper level cabins they're trying to fill are the less desirable cabins either from a noise or location standpoint.  Not always, mind you - but often.  Frequent customers tend to know the better cabins and they book them early.  I've requested specific cabins two years out that are already booked!

Always research any offered cabins before you take an upgrade/upsell.  That's my advice.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

We've found that upgrades/upsells are hit or miss.  We took an upsell on Navigator one time to go from a Cat F to a Navigator suite.  The suite itself was beautiful and spacious.  It was also underneath the pool deck on a sailing with a large corporate group on board.  A group who liked to make a lot of noise on the pool deck well into the night.  So we paid extra to have more room in a cabin that we could barely get any sleep in.

Maybe on a normal sailing this wouldn't have been an issue...but suffice it to say we haven't booked anything under the pool since then.

Many times the upper level cabins they're trying to fill are the less desirable cabins either from a noise or location standpoint.  Not always, mind you - but often.  Frequent customers tend to know the better cabins and they book them early.  I've requested specific cabins two years out that are already booked!

Always research any offered cabins before you take an upgrade/upsell.  That's my advice.

I think there is a pretty good resource to check cabins on this thread….😀

We are sailing on Voyager on Monday, April 25th and received an offer to upgrade from Concierge to a Penthouse Suite last Tuesday, April 12. Level C was offered at $299, Level B at $399, and Level A at $499 per person.

Today we received an email with an offer to upgrade to suites at 65% off:

Upgrade to a MASTER SUITE for only $2,599 per person. Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
These suites are at least 1335 sq ft including a 183 sq ft balcony, the ultimate spaciousness. They are our largest and finest accommodations, having a living/dining room, bar, writing desk, 2 separate bedrooms and 2½ baths. Enjoy privileged access to Chartreuse and Prime 7 Restaurants or choose to savor specialty dining in-suite. Note: Master Suites on deck 11 have a different floor plan.

Upgrade to a GRAND SUITE for only $1,999 per person. Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
These gracious suites are 876 sq ft including a 123 sq ft balcony. They have a living/dining room, separate bedroom, writing desk, 2 entrances and 1½ baths with oversized bathtub. Enjoy privileged access to Chartreuse and Prime 7 Restaurants or choose to savor specialty dining in-suite.

Upgrade to a VOYAGER SUITE for only $1,499 per person. Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
These suites are 604 sq ft including a 50 sq ft balcony and are located midship with expansive views. They have a living room with sofa, coffee table and dining table, bedroom and 1½ baths.

Upgrade to a SEVEN SEAS AFT SUITE for only $799 per person. Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
These aft-facing suites are 392 to 428 sq ft plus a corner balcony of 172 to 283 sq ft for stunning, panoramic views. They have a living room/bedroom with sofa, coffee table and dining table.

Penthouse Suites and all higher categories include Regent's butler service for an enhanced level of personal attention. Whether unpacking luggage, serving canapés at cocktail hour or handling dinner and spa reservations, a Regent butler makes our guests' stay even more carefree, welcoming, effortless and memorable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice!   We have an coming cruise on Splendor (I really wanted rename it spendor - lol), but the penthouse suites don’t have a bath tub and I really like bath tubs).   I would love to get an offer for one of the other suites - that would be nice.   My cruise in June is looking very empty.  

• Like 1

All the named suites but one are waitlisted on our July 8th Splendor cruise leaving from Copenhagen, but all other suites are available, with the cheapest one being a GTY.

So I guess there's some hope for us.   Would love a cheap upgrade to a PH from a Superior Suite!

I think there is some hope - we leave on Explorer tomorrow, the week before we had two offers, we did not act fast enough for the first one, but asked to be kept on a waitlist and now will be in a named suite. First time and very excited! Everything is so fluid right now that you just need to be patient and keep your TA apprised that you would be interested in any upgrades.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Gpilon said:

I think there is a pretty good resource to check cabins on this thread….😀

Be careful with that, though - I hear tell the guy who updates those spreadsheets tends to drink a lot (especially when he's onboard a Regent ship...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Be careful with that, though - I hear tell the guy who updates those spreadsheets tends to drink a lot (especially when he's onboard a Regent ship...)

Which is exactly what I was doing during my review of Suite 1201 on Splendor!

• Haha 2