Luggage Tags

mnkauf

3 minutes ago, mnkauf said:

How do you print luggage tags?

Once you check in on-line, you will see options for printing luggage tags, boarding pass, your financial info, etc. Noting is available before then as far as I know. 

Once you check in on-line, you will see options for printing luggage tags, boarding pass, your financial info, etc. Noting is available before then as far as I know. 

THIS...

Edited by Drazil65

25 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

THIS...

There is a way to do it prior to checking in, but I do not remember the URL to get into it.

35 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

There is a way to do it prior to checking in, but I do not remember the URL to get into it.

The way to get your paperwork before checking in is-------------------go to your cruise on MANAGE MY CRUISE----------------------either type in or highlight and copy the site below, then paste it in the address box----------carefully delete the ABC123 in the box and insert your cruise code--------hit return and your cruise info appears like it will after you've signed in!                                                              https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=ABC123&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

I just tried it out to make sure this was correct, worked fine----good luck.

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

The way to get your paperwork before checking in is-------------------go to your cruise on MANAGE MY CRUISE----------------------either type in or highlight and copy the site below, then paste it in the address box----------carefully delete the ABC123 in the box and insert your cruise code--------hit return and your cruise info appears like it will after you've signed in!                                                              https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=ABC123&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

I just tried it out to make sure this was correct, worked fine----good luck.

Just used your link to print luggage tags for my 2 upcoming cruises.  Thank you!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Get those tags laminated. 

I've always just used clear packing tape (like you'd use to seal a box for shipping) over the length of the tag and never had an issue. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knagl said:

I've always just used clear packing tape (like you'd use to seal a box for shipping) over the length of the tag and never had an issue. 🤷‍♂️

Those work great too. A poor man's luggage tag holder. 

We used these from Amazon, and have used them on all our cruises. Strong cable ties. From Amazon.

Carnival Luggage Tag Holders by Cruise On - Fits All Carnival Cruise Line Ships & Tags for Cruises in 2022 & 2023

• Like 6

10 hours ago, knagl said:

I do the same.  Tape them before we leave, then I bring a small roll of scotch tape to attach them to the luggage handles. I put 2 tags on each bag.  Haven't lost one yet.

• Like 1

Don't leave home without them (luggage tag holders, not Amex traveler's checks...lol).

Nevermind the tape/knife (from a trip to the naughty room - another story), but these tag holders are all but bulletproof. Note that I put one on both (top/side) suitcase handles, just in case !!

They have a couple sizes - I have the shorter/wider ones for Royal and the longer/narrower ones for Celebrity and Carnival.

i-3XmrPkD-L.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Don't leave home without them (luggage tag holders, not Amex traveler's checks...lol).

Nevermind the tape/knife (from a trip to the naughty room - another story), but these tag holders are all but bulletproof. Note that I put one on both (top/side) suitcase handles, just in case !!

They have a couple sizes - I have the shorter/wider ones for Royal and the longer/narrower ones for Celebrity and Carnival.

i-3XmrPkD-L.jpg

Tom

Come to think of it - perhaps Carnival is also the wider one. Hey, whichever fits, LOL

Tom

16 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Those work great too. A poor man's luggage tag holder. 

We used these from Amazon, and have used them on all our cruises. Strong cable ties. From Amazon.

Carnival Luggage Tag Holders by Cruise On - Fits All Carnival Cruise Line Ships & Tags for Cruises in 2022 & 2023

We use these as well! We get them ready in the days leading up and drop them in our back pack to attach before dropping off the checked luggage with the porters. The benefit to this versus just taping or stapling the paper is that you can prepare some extras in your bag *just in case* you decide you don't want to carry on a piece you planned and want to check it at the port. Easier IMO than futzing with tape or staplers at a hotel or pier-side or something. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, knagl said:

I do the same and use zip ties to secure them to luggage.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pe4all said:

I do the same.  Tape them before we leave, then I bring a small roll of scotch tape to attach them to the luggage handles. I put 2 tags on each bag.  Haven't lost one yet.

No need to bring tape if you punch a hole in the open end and bring a twist tie. They’re free on loaves of bread. 🙂

This is soooo funny! :classic_laugh:  We think nothing of spending $1,000, $1,500, $3,000 on a cruise, BUT, scringe on looking for free twisty tie thingy's on loaves of bread to attach 12 laminated tags for $3.00.

I am amazed, at times, of human ingenuity and resourcefulness. 🍻 

I mean no disrespect or insults to anyone who uses these inventive ideas. My hat's off to you all. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

This is soooo funny! :classic_laugh:  We think nothing of spending $1,000, $1,500, $3,000 on a cruise, BUT, scringe on looking for free twisty tie thingy's on loaves of bread to attach 12 laminated tags for $3.00.

I am amazed, at times, of human ingenuity and resourcefulness. 🍻 

I mean no disrespect or insults to anyone who uses these inventive ideas. My hat's off to you all. 

I'm sure every one of us are pennywise and pound foolish here and there!

I'll spend an inordinate amount of time, occasionally, trying to save a couple/few $'s on something through Amazon or such. It really makes no sense... and then I might spend many times that on something else and not give it a second thought.

People are Strange - Jim Morrison

Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm sure every one of us are pennywise and pound foolish here and there!

I'll spend an inordinate amount of time, occasionally, trying to save a couple/few $'s on something through Amazon or such. It really makes no sense... and then I might spend many times that on something else and not give it a second thought.

People are Strange - Jim Morrison

Tom

Good song! The thrill is in the hunt!