Celebrity newb with question about drink packages

LisaLisa87

Hello! I just booked a cruise for DH and me on Reflection for next September. I booked an AquaClass room and did not add the Elevate or Indulge package during the booking process, assuming that I could do so later. In retrospect, I should have done a little more research, because it doesn't look like that's the case. I also don't see a way to upgrade from the classic package that's included with "Always Included" to the premium package. When I look at my booking, I see the option to buy the premium package outright (for $69/person/day) or to add "Perks Extra" or "Perks Ultra." What is the most cost effective way to get the premium package at this point? Should I cancel and rebook and add on either Elevate or Indulge?

Thank you!

• Like 1

You have a couple of easy options to upgrade your CBP to PBP. 

Once you are a little closer to your sail date, you will have the option to upgrade from Classic to Premium for $12 per day ($10 + 20% gratuity).

You can wait and upgrade once onboard with any bartender for the same cost.

• Like 2

The option to upgrade doesn’t show up until after final payment.
As mentioned cost is $12 per day which includes the gratuity.

You can also just wait and upgrade once on the ship there are staff at all the bars who can do the upgrade. They get extra compensation for each upgrade so they are very happy to have you upgrade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I looked at my reservation and can see the option to upgrade as discussed here, but I can’t find anywhere which drinks are included in the ‘always included’ classic beverage package. Can anyone post details of classic  vs upgraded premium drinks?

im particular, are there any Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio wines included in Classic package?

thanks

Yes, you will find some Pinot Grigio options in the CBP.  Even prior to the shutdown, the options varied from cruise to cruise.  There are now supply chain issues reported but I feel certain there will be a couple of options available.  On our only cruise since restart, we had the premium package so I was not particularly cognizant of the prices, but I did notice several that would fall under the CBP.

Even if the price was slightly over, you would pay only the difference plus 20% on the difference.

Edited by bama4cruisin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobbylin said:

I looked at my reservation and can see the option to upgrade as discussed here, but I can’t find anywhere which drinks are included in the ‘always included’ classic beverage package. Can anyone post details of classic  vs upgraded premium drinks?

im particular, are there any Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio wines included in Classic package?

thanks

Google compare Celebrity drink packages

Here is the link to the beverage package comparison.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

The majority of cocktails can be made under either package the difference is the brand of liquor used.  So you can get a margarita on either, with the Premium package it is made with “top shelf” tequila.  The same holds true for gin & tonic, Pina Coladas, bloody Mary’s etc.  The Classic package covers wines and drinks up to $9, and the majority of premium  coffees, fresh squeezed juice and bottled water (still).  If you are primarily a wine drinker you probably want to upgrade, if you drink primarily mixed drinks you may be good with the Classic package.

You can try the Classic for a day or 2 and if it isn’t what you want you can upgrade then. You don’t have to upgrade on Day 1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you are a cocktail (or a whisky) drinker, I definitely would recommend upgrading to the premium package. Options for classic package are pretty slim if you like Scotch or Bourbon in particular. 

There is at least one bar on the ship (World Class Bar) where everything on menu is in premium drink category or higher.  And they have some wonderful drinks. (Their Zacapa Rum old fashion is exceptional).  And that bar does not make anything off the menu.  (I guess you could pay the upcharge as an alternative, but i prefer not having to worrying about it).  Another reason is the Martini Bar which is probably the most fun bar on the  ship complete with flare bartenders. They have a wide variety of premium Gins and Vodkas and it's fun to try different options and drinks.

Finally, as to wines, there is definitely a wider variety on premium.  A lot of times, I'll just let my Sommelier know I have a premium package, will be buying by the glass,, and listen to their suggestions.   I've even had them suggest items not usually on the menu..

Have a great trip,

Edited by capecodmercury
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/12/2022 at 4:43 AM, jelayne said:

Here is the link to the beverage package comparison.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

The majority of cocktails can be made under either package the difference is the brand of liquor used.  So you can get a margarita on either, with the Premium package it is made with “top shelf” tequila.  The same holds true for gin & tonic, Pina Coladas, bloody Mary’s etc.  The Classic package covers wines and drinks up to $9, and the majority of premium  coffees, fresh squeezed juice and bottled water (still).  If you are primarily a wine drinker you probably want to upgrade, if you drink primarily mixed drinks you may be good with the Classic package.

You can try the Classic for a day or 2 and if it isn’t what you want you can upgrade then. You don’t have to upgrade on Day 1.

Great info - thank you

1 hour ago, capecodmercury said:

If you are a cocktail (or a whisky) drinker, I definitely would recommend upgrading to the premium package. Options for classic package are pretty slim if you like Scotch or Bourbon in particular. 

There is at least one bar on the ship (World Class Bar) where everything on menu is in premium drink category or higher.  And they have some wonderful drinks. (Their Zacapa Rum old fashion is exceptional).  And that bar does not make anything off the menu.  (I guess you could pay the upcharge as an alternative, but i prefer not having to worrying about it).  Another reason is the Martini Bar which is probably the most fun bar on the  ship complete with flare bartenders. They have a wide variety of premium Gins and Vodkas and it's fun to try different options and drinks.

Finally, as to wines, there is definitely a wider variety on premium.  A lot of times, I'll just let my Sommelier know I have a premium package, will be buying by the glass,, and listen to their suggestions.   I've even had them suggest items not usually on the menu..

Have a great trip,

Great info - thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I am past the full payment date for June 25 sailing Barcelona to Rome, EDGE.  I have the always included Classic Drink Package.  I want to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, but it still tries to charge me $69 per day instead of $12 per day.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I know that I can do this once on board, but going with a large group, and wanted to do it ahead of time.  I called customer service, and I don't know if it's new people since COVID, but they are totally confused.  They have NO idea how to help.  What's going on Celebrity?  

Great info but I have a reservation question regarding perks. I booked a cruise on the Beyond yesterday. Did it with blue chip club. Customer service said I will also get the Classic Bev Pkg, WiFi and Grats included. We paid the deposit but no where in the reservation email does it detail out those perks. It just says Blue Chip club discount. My wife called Celebrity and customer service said it should appear online in a few days because it comes from a different department. Does this seem right? We’ve been on a bunch of celebrity cruises and I don’t remember this from before. Also where would I find it in my online reservation? Cruise planner or manage reservation?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, gerrygmo said:

I am past the full payment date for June 25 sailing Barcelona to Rome, EDGE.  I have the always included Classic Drink Package.  I want to upgrade to the Premium Drink Package, but it still tries to charge me $69 per day instead of $12 per day.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I know that I can do this once on board, but going with a large group, and wanted to do it ahead of time.  I called customer service, and I don't know if it's new people since COVID, but they are totally confused.  They have NO idea how to help.  What's going on Celebrity?  

If you are captain Club member you can get a % reductions but you have to call to get the upgrade from classic.

We are scheduled for July 3 cruise to Bermuda. We love the martini bar and specialty coffees like lattes and americanos. And a baileys now and them. HWill the classic package provide coverage for those specialties? Or should we upgrade to premium?  
Thanks. 

5 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Great info but I have a reservation question regarding perks. I booked a cruise on the Beyond yesterday. Did it with blue chip club. Customer service said I will also get the Classic Bev Pkg, WiFi and Grats included. We paid the deposit but no where in the reservation email does it detail out those perks. It just says Blue Chip club discount. My wife called Celebrity and customer service said it should appear online in a few days because it comes from a different department. Does this seem right? We’ve been on a bunch of celebrity cruises and I don’t remember this from before. Also where would I find it in my online reservation? Cruise planner or manage reservation?

They do not show in your online account. Ask to have a current copy of your Confirmation/Invoice sent to you, that will detail what you have. Note that one issued right after booking is not completely detailed, a7-10 days later is better.

• 5 months later...

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise- Hawaii to Vancouver. I have researched the beverage package options, specifically the non-alcoholic ones. My husband might enjoy a beer or glass of wine but not enough to order an alcoholic package. We are looking at either the Premium Water or Classic Non-Alcohol options. I drink coffee and tea, husband does not.  Must we both order the same package or can we mix it up? Anyone who has ordered these, we would like to hear your feedback.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, llhillman said:

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise- Hawaii to Vancouver. I have researched the beverage package options, specifically the non-alcoholic ones. My husband might enjoy a beer or glass of wine but not enough to order an alcoholic package. We are looking at either the Premium Water or Classic Non-Alcohol options. I drink coffee and tea, husband does not.  Must we both order the same package or can we mix it up? Anyone who has ordered these, we would like to hear your feedback.  Thank you.

You can each choose your own package or none at all. But I can't comment on the Water or other packages, have always had Classic or Premium Alcohol (not alcoholic) package.

Stan

21 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

You can each choose your own package or none at all. But I can't comment on the Water or other packages, have always had Classic or Premium Alcohol (not alcoholic) package.

Stan

Thank you- we prefer the flexibility of selecting our own package