Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

Thanx.

Beyond 12 Oct TA is showing as Barcelona to FLL which is not on our booking, should be Barcelona to Cape Liberty. Maybe they are foreshadowing something? Also, for those not vaccinated is says 4 tests but in the description it is 1 for embarkation, 3 for ports of call (Lisbon, Ponta delgada, Bermuda?) and 1 for re-entry which adds up to 5 tests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

Thanx.

Beyond 12 Oct TA is showing as Barcelona to FLL which is not on our booking, should be Barcelona to Cape Liberty. Maybe they are foreshadowing something? Also, for those not vaccinated is says 4 tests but in the description it is 1 for embarkation, 3 for ports of call (Lisbon, Ponta delgada, Bermuda?) and 1 for re-entry which adds up to 5 tests.

I noticed that even for the vaccinated travelers it does not count the re-entry test, it is only counting the test for embarkation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Looks as though Celebrity is still ending Covid assistance at the end of this month as I don’t see that area updated. 

I'm very disappointed they didn't extend Covid cancellations and refunds for any sailings requiring pre cruise testing.

7 minutes ago, KruznKimmie said:

Thanks for posting.  There is no information on the link about excursions in Naples & Greece.

Does anyone know if we can arrange our own tours in Greece & Naples?

It doesn't appear that's been determined/announced ... all it says for now is: "Based upon conditions or regulations in the countries you will visit, you may be required to go ashore on a shore excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises. These decisions are always made with your health and safety as our top priority."

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was surprised to see Italy was one day prior testing. I had read that about Spain but not Italy. It makes it basically impossible to test before leaving the US. 

Yes, this is why the telehealth eMed kits are now more important.

• Like 1

So Celebrity is letting all kids 12 and under cruise without vaccinations if you are from any other country but the US--- but requiring all American children over 5 be vaccinated??  It should be across the board 12 and under not vaccinated-- not discriminating against Americans!  

For U.S. Guests – Ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

For Guests from All Other Countries Other than the U.S. - Ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

Edited by str6

This makes no sense, if you’re fully vaxed and boosted then you are on your own to arrange for your own testing. But if you’re just fully vaxed and not boosted, or not vaxed at all then they will pay for it and do the test prior to boarding? Seems so odd. 

1C4DA676-5BB1-4DA2-B7EE-58547DC401AE.thumb.png.ef0a0365203ac918363c38f9fd40d664.png

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, str6 said:

So Celebrity is letting all kids 12 and under cruise without vaccinations if you are from any other country but the US--- but requiring all American children over 5 be vaccinated??  It should be across the board 12 and under not vaccinated-- not discriminating against Americans!  

Vaccines not approved for children under 12 in "other countries", as simple as that -  not discrimination.

I see it more as a privilege for US kids to be able to access vaccines already at age 5.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, str6 said:

For U.S. Guests – Ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

For Guests from All Other Countries Other than the U.S. - Ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated with last primary dose administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

You need to do your homework 

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

This makes no sense, if you’re fully vaxed and boosted then you are on your own to arrange for your own testing. But if you’re just fully vaxed and not boosted, or not vaxed at all then they will pay for it and do the test prior to boarding? Seems so odd. 

You have to pay for it, along with the rest of the required tests ($55 each). But I really wish the at-port testing was available for those who are up-to-date with their booster. I really don't want to spend my pre-cruise time in Europe doing a test in the hotel room or otherwise looking for a test site. Though frankly even that will be easier than dealing with the ship Wi-Fi to take a test the day before flying home; that's the real question mark IMO.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, yogini06 said:

I'm very disappointed they didn't extend Covid cancellations and refunds for any sailings requiring pre cruise testing.

What does this mean? If you test positive and can't board you don't get a refund?

22 minutes ago, black forest said:

I don‘t know about other European countries, but in Germany kids from 5 on may be fully vaccinated if the parents agree. My grandson (5) has been fully vaccinated since January 22. 

In the UK its only very recently been available for under 12s, added to that we have 12 weeks between jabs means a lot of British under 12s won't be fully vaccinated until well into the Summer

4 hours ago, str6 said:

In the UK we only started vaccinating 5 to 12's on Monday. I am sure the regulations will catch up. Regulations vary all over the place.

So we have to do a test the day before. But we are travelling the day before so how does that work? My understanding is it has to be monitored one so can I organise it in my hotel room the morning of? Is that the best thing. 

We aren't going til Sept so hoping for changes by then or at least some clarity.

We will have a 9 month old with us my understanding is she won't have to test but my husband and I will do. We both had our boosters in October so unless we are allowed to do another one before Sept we're classed as unvaxed??? 

8 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was surprised to see Italy was one day prior testing. I had read that about Spain but not Italy. It makes it basically impossible to test before leaving the US. 

Very unfortunate to see this.

11 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

Beyond 12 Oct TA is showing as Barcelona to FLL which is not on our booking, should be Barcelona to Cape Liberty. Maybe they are foreshadowing something?

Hope not. 
im on Beyond departing Cape Liberty 10/26. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

So we have to do a test the day before. But we are travelling the day before so how does that work? My understanding is it has to be monitored one so can I organise it in my hotel room the morning of? Is that the best thing. 

We aren't going til Sept so hoping for changes by then or at least some clarity.

We will have a 9 month old with us my understanding is she won't have to test but my husband and I will do. We both had our boosters in October so unless we are allowed to do another one before Sept we're classed as unvaxed??? 

My 270 days from booster is 10 August!  As UK Government do not facilitate a second booster for anyone under 70 I'm already in trouble regarding this.  I'm due in Italy/Austria in September and do not meet the latter's criteria so most likely will not be able to travel there.

• Thanks 1