Help needed with Flight Ease problem

opa&oma

We are flying to Rome next month on American Airlines through HAL's  Flight Ease .  We are paid in full and have been since early February. We have been trying to change our assigned seats for weeks and have been unable to because our flight has not been ticketed.  In calling HAL, every agent we speak to and explain we need our flight ticketed,  says they cannot handle flights and we need to speak to the Flight Ease people.  And therein lies the problem, there seems to be nobody working that line.  We have spent literally hours upon hours on hold and nobody ever answers.  The regular agents have no answer when told this and give us no recourse to the problem.  We have had more than one agent hang up on us or put us on endless hold when a supervisor is requested.  American says only HAL can ticket us and if we are not ticketed by April 17 we lose our (unticketed) reservations.  This is a problem since there are only a few seats left in business class. We are left with no one to turn to to help us except hopefully Cruise Critic members who might have a suggestion.  

• Like 1

Not sure what phone number you have, but try 1-800-628-4771 which is the direct line for Flight Ease. On your flight ease booking is there a button that says "request early ticketing"? Usually when you press that it will give you a few acknowledgements and then process the ticket. Hope you can get everything straightened out! 

I had a similar issue with my paid for tickets.   The regular HAL line was useless and gave incorrect information.  I tried the 1-800-628-4771 to get to flight ease, but got forwarded over to the regular HAL , but i got someone who put me back to flight ease.  

The call was over 2 hours.  The flight ease said it was AA.   I think HAL just did not ticket in time.   Mt itinerary got cancelled. Flight Ease got things corrected sort of,  but I lost seat assignments, etc.   

Be persistent.   I did not know about the button on flight ease page.   Half the time HAL website is not functional due to load.  

4 hours ago, ScoutDiver said:

I had a similar issue with my paid for tickets.   The regular HAL line was useless and gave incorrect information.  I tried the 1-800-628-4771 to get to flight ease, but got forwarded over to the regular HAL , but i got someone who put me back to flight ease.  

The call was over 2 hours.  The flight ease said it was AA.   I think HAL just did not ticket in time.   Mt itinerary got cancelled. Flight Ease got things corrected sort of,  but I lost seat assignments, etc.   

Be persistent.   I did not know about the button on flight ease page.   Half the time HAL website is not functional due to load.  

Glad to know it's not just us who have had this problem.  After days of trying, simply nobody ever answers the Flight Ease number.  In trying to get someone to help us we discovered HAL has 7 different phone numbers for customer help and not a single one knows how to help or even know what they're talking about.  I believe all agents are working from home and this may be part of the problem.

Unfortunately, no help here.  Just piling on.  I am currently on hold with flight ease (I think, unless I got transferred over to HAL).  It's been 2 hours 15 minutes at this point.  Our flights are next month, and when I try to see our flight itinerary online, it gives me a red error message.  The airline website says we are not ticket yet, and to contact my travel agent. I did pay for the flights shortly before final payment date. Sigh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kristapb said:

Unfortunately, no help here.  Just piling on.  I am currently on hold with flight ease (I think, unless I got transferred over to HAL).  It's been 2 hours 15 minutes at this point.  Our flights are next month, and when I try to see our flight itinerary online, it gives me a red error message.  The airline website says we are not ticket yet, and to contact my travel agent. I did pay for the flights shortly before final payment date. Sigh.

Wow!  Welcome to the club!  Something is obviously going on over there. The longest we've made it on hold is 2 1/2 hours before hanging up Good luck!

16 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

Flight Ease online only comes up as error message.  Hope this is a warning to others about using HALs FE.

I am confused. I have been trying to help you as best I can. It was my understanding that you did not have assigned seats in other posts. Now you are saying you DO have assigned seats but are simply trying to change them. Which one is it?

For those who are getting the red error message I have two suggestions, assuming you are wishing the flight reservation timeframe

1. use a Firefox browser

unfortunately  that is the easy fix and if doesn’t work set your alarm and dial in at 8 am Central time equivalent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laminator said:

I am confused. I have been trying to help you as best I can. It was my understanding that you did not have assigned seats in other posts. Now you are saying you DO have assigned seats but are simply trying to change them. Which one is it?

HAL has not paid American for our flight, so it remains unticketed, therefore we can not choose seats. The only help we need now is from HAL.

This is very concerning.  We are likely booking one of the Europe cruises for June and were planning on using Flight Ease to buy our flights so we can get reimbursed if HAL cancels the cruise for some reason.  Hearing all of the issues here is making me reconsider this decision.  Please keep us updated as to what happens with your tickets!

18 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

This is very concerning.  We are likely booking one of the Europe cruises for June and were planning on using Flight Ease to buy our flights so we can get reimbursed if HAL cancels the cruise for some reason.  Hearing all of the issues here is making me reconsider this decision.  Please keep us updated as to what happens with your tickets!

This issue is ongoing from several other threads. The majority of us have not had any issues using Flight Ease!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

I would wait on booking thru FE until they resolve all their problems.  But I will tell you this has been going on for months.  We have used them in the past several times and never had a problem.

Just now, opa&oma said:

Try calling them.

I have seen several posters mention that they have had success when calling first thing in the morning. Fortunately for me I have a Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) who works for HAL. She handles any issues we may have. 

I had the same problem. Was ticketed for lunch outbound flight on United (I think) because I was able to pick seats. But for my flight home on SAS the site says I’m not yet ticketed. I leave 5/27. I sure hope it doesn’t get cancelled for not being ticketed. My outbound flight is pretty sold out and both are direct flights. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out. 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, roxybear135 said:

I booked using Flight Ease today and had no problem. I got a confirmation number and my flights are already ticketed through KLM/Delta. I did get the red error message online, but the confirmation number allowed me to go directly to the KLM website and select our seats. 

22 minutes ago, mr. godfredo said:

I booked using Flight Ease today and had no problem. I got a confirmation number and my flights are already ticketed through KLM/Delta. I did get the red error message online, but the confirmation number allowed me to go directly to the KLM website and select our seats. 

I had no problem with United. Sas is telling me it’s not ticketed yet when I go directly to their website. 

14 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

If you are getting an error message for Flight Ease. When the screen shows your name and the box is checked..  uncheck the boxes next to your name and recheck them again.  This works for me.  

I thought - oh, a solution!  Unfortunately, I just tried it and am still getting the red error message.  I too am booked on SAS (scheduled for 5/31) and their system shows us as not yet ticketed, and am worried we will lose the flights. Oh, well - back on hold for me I guess. Maybe someday I will get through.

We finally got ticketed by calling the Corporate Office at 206-336-6000.  Thank you to all of you who tried to help with suggestions.  Believe me, we had tried everything before I even posted.  We're not sure we would want to use FE for an international flight again, at least not on American.

7 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

We finally got ticketed by calling the Corporate Office at 206-336-6000.  Thank you to all of you who tried to help with suggestions.  Believe me, we had tried everything before I even posted.  We're not sure we would want to use FE for an international flight again, at least not on American.

Glad to hear you got it taken care of!

4 hours ago, kristapb said:

I thought - oh, a solution!  Unfortunately, I just tried it and am still getting the red error message.  I too am booked on SAS (scheduled for 5/31) and their system shows us as not yet ticketed, and am worried we will lose the flights. Oh, well - back on hold for me I guess. Maybe someday I will get through.

Please let me know what happens with your flights.  I will likely be flying on SAS as it's the only nonstop flight to Copenhagen, and I'm worried about issues like this happening.  I hope you're able to get it resolved quickly!