Pacific Coastal Millennium Cruises Cancelled

mikewomb

18 minutes ago, SusieV said:

This is true for the Mexican Riviera. It is not what the notification says for the Pacific Coastal.

Solstice was doing Alaska out of Seattle before the repo. 

Copy and paste from my TA this morning

Hi XXXXXX

Do not cancel anything. The Solstice will be taking over the same itinerary as the Millennium. It looks like starting 4/15 we will be able to move you to the Solstice, same itinerary, same dates (better ship).
 Sept 16 2022

Edited by mikewomb

2 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

Copy and paste from my TA this morning

Hi XXXXXX

Do not cancel anything. The Solstice will be taking over the same itinerary as the Millennium. It looks like starting 4/15 we will be able to move you to the Solstice, same itinerary, same dates (better ship).
 Sept 16 2022

That's a matter of opinion. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

That's a matter of opinion. 

We spent 3 weeks on the Solstice in Australia and New Zealand , the ship was excellent . We are doing Alaska again on the Solstice in May…the Pacific Coastal on the Solstice is just fine. 

1 hour ago, mikewomb said:

Did you read what my TA said…the ship is being replaced by the solstice. The message from celebrity was not clear. 

According to the letter from Celebrity Solstice is taking over the sailings starting with the 9/24 sailing through the 12/11 sailing.  

The sailings of the Millennium for 9/16 and 12/19 are being cancelled and L & S will be offered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

According to the letter from Celebrity Solstice is taking over the sailings starting with the 9/24 sailing through the 12/11 sailing.  

The sailings of the Millennium for 9/16 and 12/19 are being cancelled and L & S will be offered. 

If you want to argue with my TA be my guest. All I care about is he knows what he is talking about…not a fly by night home course TA, but brick and mortar..well regarded and highly rated. 

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

This is what I'm worried about. Still no L&S options offered. We have nonrefundable air and Priceline hotel reservations in Vancouver.

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

But Solstice is ten years younger than Millennium and even without this Revoluzion updates a much more modern ship. 

True and she is a nice ship. But I booked a suite, which I usually can't afford, and was looking forward to the retreat deck. I also had a nice midship cabin and now will have either a corner aft (I get seasick easily) or will have to downgrade a class which I'm sure will not come with any refund or obc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

True and she is a nice ship. But I booked a suite, which I usually can't afford, and was looking forward to the retreat deck. I also had a nice midship cabin and now will have either a corner aft (I get seasick easily) or will have to downgrade a class which I'm sure will not come with any refund or obc.

We had a Celebrity Suite booked for Mexican Riviera and were also looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck and a modern room. In my opinion, the equivalent suite on the Solstice is simply not worth the same cruise fare. 

6 hours ago, wildtky101 said:

We had an aft Aqua class room on the Millennium. Does anyone know if it's customary to be moved to the same when they make changes like this? We were so excited about our cabin.

Just got off the Millenium and had an aft Aqua. Did not like the noise on the balcony from the movies on the rooftop terrace right over our heads. Our Aqua aft neighbor was not too happy either. Great stateroom when the movies aren’t running however….

On 4/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, Margarita Jane said:

Just got off the Millenium and had an aft Aqua. Did not like the noise on the balcony from the movies on the rooftop terrace right over our heads. Our Aqua aft neighbor was not too happy either. Great stateroom when the movies aren’t running however….

Interesting.  On Millennium now on deck 11 AQ. Haven't even heard the movies and we sit on our balcony a lot. We are on the side not the aft but that is actually closer to the speakers I think, but I could be wrong about that.

12 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Interesting.  On Millennium now on deck 11 AQ. Haven't even heard the movies and we sit on our balcony a lot. We are on the side not the aft but that is actually closer to the speakers I think, but I could be wrong about that.

We were in 1140 and the neighbors next to us had the same issue. It was very loud when the movies were running. On the other hand, we enjoyed the music from the sunset bar below us - it was not as loud.

Had the email confirming cancellation, from our agent. We have the option of moving to a Mexican Riviera cruise or a refund, a bit awkward when we have booked our own flights from the UK to Vancouver and from L.A back to the U.K.
We'll be asking for a refund which we are expecting to be partially in FCC, does anyone know how long the use by date will be on these? Hoping it's 12 months from the cancelled sail date 🤞

On 4/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, snarfbunny said:

We had a Celebrity Suite booked for Mexican Riviera and were also looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck and a modern room. In my opinion, the equivalent suite on the Solstice is simply not worth the same cruise fare. 

We are feeling the same. We booked a Sky Suite on the bump so we had a large balcony, which we have had before on the Millie. We were very excited to experience the Retreat, which now I understand we won't have on the Solstice. Not sure if we are going to keep it, go down a category, or just cancel. Guess it depends on the cabin they assign to us. Does anyone have an idea of when that will be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traveller26 said:

Had the email confirming cancellation, from our agent. We have the option of moving to a Mexican Riviera cruise or a refund, a bit awkward when we have booked our own flights from the UK to Vancouver and from L.A back to the U.K.
We'll be asking for a refund which we are expecting to be partially in FCC, does anyone know how long the use by date will be on these? Hoping it's 12 months from the cancelled sail date 🤞

I am trying to find this out as well (gave up being on hold and am trying twitter DM). They state "FCC will be reinstated" which implies it will just go to your original date.  The pre-hold message says Dec 31, 2022. I was really hoping for a year. I guess the other thing I can't recall is does the FCC just have to be 'used' by that date or does the cruise have to sail within that date. 

We have a Sky Suite booked as well, our first suite with X were looking forward to the Retreat too for a special Anniversary trip.  I don't much about Solstice, but have read a mixed bag.  I prefer a modern room as well and I'm afraid we'll be disappointed with Solstice.  The deck set ups where the Sky Suites are looks so different as well. 

I know it hasn't been refurbished yet.  Anyone able to provide a bit more info about the ship?  I'd really appreciate it! 

I was told by my Celebrity Vacation Planner yesterday that Celebrity currently has a dedicated team working to move those booked on the Millie MR cruises over to the Solstice. Once they move us then we can make changes to different staterooms.

They did move us last night over to the Millie’s new southern Caribbean itinerary. Hoping that by tomorrow they will have us moved.  

37 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I was told by my Celebrity Vacation Planner yesterday that Celebrity currently has a dedicated team working to move those booked on the Millie MR cruises over to the Solstice. Once they move us then we can make changes to different staterooms.

They did move us last night over to the Millie’s new southern Caribbean itinerary. Hoping that by tomorrow they will have us moved.  

We were just moved, and the trip is now in my planner. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

We’re still showing the Millie and they haven’t loaded the sailings yet.

I was really beginning to wonder if what I was told was fact. Very relieved . I think they changed the itinerary a bit…did they add Seattle? And take away everything from SFO south. 

13 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

I was really beginning to wonder if what I was told was fact. Very relieved . I think they changed the itinerary a bit…did they add Seattle? And take away everything from SFO south. 

What sailing date are you on? Our sailing is out of Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. Seattle and San Fran was never part of our itinerary.

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I am trying to find this out as well (gave up being on hold and am trying twitter DM). They state "FCC will be reinstated" which implies it will just go to your original date.  The pre-hold message says Dec 31, 2022. I was really hoping for a year. I guess the other thing I can't recall is does the FCC just have to be 'used' by that date or does the cruise have to sail within that date. 

If you hear anything could kindly you let me know?
I vaguely remember the original credit was sail by Dec 31st 22 of 1 year from the date of the cancelled cruise whichever is later, but that may be from another cruise line we had a booking with 😕