Shareholders benefit OBC

GloriaF

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@cityguy300i went onto chat just now and asked them to check that line. 'Reena' asked if I could email now .... did so .... she said she'd just get it on. DONE ✔ 

OMG I tried after I saw your message and somehow got Reena too!  She processed me right away, after asking what day I had emailed mine, and checking it out.

I wouldn't have tried without your verification, so thanks.  This morning I tried to bring it up at the end of another chat -- and got grilled over what I had sent it, who I sent it to, etc.  When the rep quoted the regulation about the brokerage statement being within three months of sailing, and I said mine was from April, he argued that was only two months... *****?

Anyway, glad we're both taken care of now, phew!

• Like 1

I've taken to keeping a copy of my statement for the relevant time frame, making sure I have a copy of the email I sent out, and just taking care of it on board... Seems to work out smoother that way. 3rd time so far that I've had to do it this way due to unresponsiveness, and no issues yet. (They've also never asked to see an attempt at getting it beforehand, like the email... I do, however, often bring snacks to the service desk since I'm there a lot.) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

I've taken to keeping a copy of my statement for the relevant time frame, making sure I have a copy of the email I sent out, and just taking care of it on board... Seems to work out smoother that way. 3rd time so far that I've had to do it this way due to unresponsiveness, and no issues yet. (They've also never asked to see an attempt at getting it beforehand, like the email... I do, however, often bring snacks to the service desk since I'm there a lot.) 

Wow that's good to know that's even an option.  I would have assumed you had to get it sorted out with corporate before boarding, or no dice.  Not that I wouldn't at least try once on board... but I wouldn't feel good about my chances without at least proof of prior emails/faxes.

Anyway, I had my other party on this trip try the same thing with Live Chat, and it also worked out!  Looks like I just got a difficult rep this morning.

• Like 2

For awhile, they were allowing the request to be sent by email for any future cruise ( I had cruises over a year out that were added to my OBC account within days of emailing the request. When I booked my most recent cruise, I emailed the request and was told that they were not accepting them that far out (cruise is in 4 months). What have you folks had as recent experiences- I will email again but the chances are we will be on a cruise during most of the time prior to the noted cruise-We have 6 cruises booked between now and departure

6 hours ago, cityguy300 said:

Sailing the day before you, and if by "last Monday" you mean last week (not this past Monday), then you've been waiting a week longer than me.  Literally tried calling the number just before I saw your post, and I get disconnected every time I punch in the extension.

That number has not been valid or working for several months.

3 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

For awhile, they were allowing the request to be sent by email for any future cruise ( I had cruises over a year out that were added to my OBC account within days of emailing the request. When I booked my most recent cruise, I emailed the request and was told that they were not accepting them that far out (cruise is in 4 months). What have you folks had as recent experiences-

Cruise is in December 2022. E-mailed request on April 11, 2022. Was approved about a week later.

Just now, caribill said:

That number has not been valid or working for several months.

I'd ask if there was a replacement number, if I hadn't already gotten the issue resolved -- and know now to just use Live Chat over any phone number!  At least the sbpcl@princesscruises.com address is legitimate, since the rep was able to retrieve my info from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityguy300 said:

I'd ask if there was a replacement number, if I hadn't already gotten the issue resolved -- and know now to just use Live Chat over any phone number! 

The problem is finding someone knowledgeable to ask.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Cruise is in December 2022. E-mailed request on April 11, 2022. Was approved about a week later.

I wondered if I had just sent my request at the wrong time. For some time there was only one person dealing with all the requests. I almost have the email on speed dial so will try again tomorrow. Funny thing is that it was the one time I got an answer from that department and it was to tell me my request was denied; As others have said, don't seem to get a notification when it gets accepted 🙂

Seems reasonable to me to ask that shareholder info not be submitted more than 90 days out. I’ve heard people on these very forums asking if they will get away with buying shares, submitting info and selling shares all before sailing. Good way to get this perk canned for all of us. 

And yes, anyone wondering should I or shouldn’t I…. Other than the April-May 2020 time frame when Covid shut everything down, CCL shares are as low as they have been once again. Buy and hold and you will do okay. I bought 200 in 2010 at $30, they almost hit $60 and then I bought another 200 in 2014 when they sunk to $35. They used to pay a nice dividend but that disappeared 2 years ago and could be awhile yet before it returns. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

Seems reasonable to me to ask that shareholder info not be submitted more than 90 days out.

When people could book sore excursions in advance and pay for them on board, not submitting for stockholders OBC until within 90 days of the cruise made sense. Many people used that OBC towards shore excursions and could do so this way.

But then Princess started requiring payment for shore excursions when booked, not once on board. Those wanting to apply the OBC to shore excursions waiting to book until shortly before the cruise or on board could find them at a higher price or, worse, fully booked.

So Princess started allowing the stockholder OBC to be added to an account once a cruise was booked, no matter how far in the future the cruise was. This allowed people to use that OBC towards shore excursions booked before the cruise.

These days when many book with Princess Plus which includes gratuities and Internet, there is little else that many people want to spend OBC on than shore excursions.

This is why it is not reasonable to limit applying for this OBC until 90 days before the cruise.

In reality, I suspect most people that want this credit are repeat Princess cruisers that buy and hold the CCL stock for more than a few days. Yes, some may cheat and sell it right after the OBC is applied, but in the total scheme of things, that is probably a very small number.

Of course as Princess keeps removing perks and features that make Princess special when compared to its competitors, they may start again enforcing the 90 day requirement and thus give people yet another reason to consider other cruise lies before Princess when planning a cruise.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

Seems reasonable to me to ask that shareholder info not be submitted more than 90 days out. I’ve heard people on these very forums asking if they will get away with buying shares, submitting info and selling shares all before sailing. Good way to get this perk canned for all of us. 

And yes, anyone wondering should I or shouldn’t I…. Other than the April-May 2020 time frame when Covid shut everything down, CCL shares are as low as they have been once again. Buy and hold and you will do okay. I bought 200 in 2010 at $30, they almost hit $60 and then I bought another 200 in 2014 when they sunk to $35. They used to pay a nice dividend but that disappeared 2 years ago and could be awhile yet before it returns. 

I bought our original shares several years ago at $26ish - as you mentioned they got into the high 50s before all the fun started.  Since I was planning to sell the original shares for a paper loss last year I bought 130 more shares when it was $8 in Apr 2021.  I miss the dividends and I'm guessing it'll be a long while before they are restored - but the amount of OBC we have received (tax free) over the years, has made it a decent investment for us.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have a problem.  I have my shares through Fidelity Investments.  Went online and downloaded a statement, no problem.  But, for security reasons Fidelity doesn't print my name on the statement.  I am identified by a number, and the number won't mean anything to princess.  Has anyone else had this issue?

7 hours ago, Its the journey said:

I have a problem.  I have my shares through Fidelity Investments.  Went online and downloaded a statement, no problem.  But, for security reasons Fidelity doesn't print my name on the statement.  I am identified by a number, and the number won't mean anything to princess.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Can you click on the PDF version of uour statement?  My Fidelity shows my name and address on it.

If you can’t , then call Fidelity they can help you find it.

• Thanks 1

Monday I pulled my current holdings up on my Droid, took a screenshot (landscape view), stuck it in the bottom of the form, emailed via fax zero, and had it 2 hrs later. Obviously I owned it at that point in time (still do) as it had the website address on the top of the screenshot. So easy. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:14 PM, Its the journey said:

I had no problem. I wrote my booking number at the top and completed the required form. Emailed to Princess. OBCs awarded the next day.

1 minute ago, jjack413 said:

I had no problem. I wrote my booking number at the top and completed the required form. Emailed to Princess. OBCs awarded the next day.

Wow, I responded to an old post…but I was concerned when I submitted the document without my name last week so hopefully this helps if someone has  concerns in 2023.