Always Included Drink package tips

tejmar

If you get the always included drink package do you have to pay the 20% tip charge for the package? I know with Norwegian even though they “give” you the drink package you still have to pay the tips for it.  That’s quite expensive if you’re not big drinkers like my wife and I. Not worth it to us so we usually have them remove it from our booking.  If that’s the same policy with Celebrity we will also have it removed.

Also, with the Internet package it says for one device only. Does that mean that it’s really only for one device or just one device at a time? 

I believe it is one device per person? I know that when my husband and I were onboard in January, we each had access to the wifi on our phones. When I have sailed solo, I set my phone up to serve as a wirelesss hotspot and connected my laptop through your phone.

Also, I was exclusively an NCL cruiser pre-COVID and I have been on five Celebrity sailings since the restart. Not having to pay gratuities on the drink package is a HUGE perk. I know you said you aren't a big drinker, but the cost to upgrade to the Premium drink package on Celebrity is only $12 more per day, whereas I was paying $20 per day in gratuities for NCL's basic drink package. So for less than I was paying for basic drinks on NCL, I can drink pretty much anything on the ship!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I believe it is one device per person? I know that when my husband and I were onboard in January, we each had access to the wifi on our phones. When I have sailed solo, I set my phone up to serve as a wirelesss hotspot and connected my laptop through your phone.

Also, I was exclusively an NCL cruiser pre-COVID and I have been on five Celebrity sailings since the restart. Not having to pay gratuities on the drink package is a HUGE perk. I know you said you aren't a big drinker, but the cost to upgrade to the Premium drink package on Celebrity is only $12 more per day, whereas I was paying $20 per day in gratuities for NCL's basic drink package. So for less than I was paying for basic drinks on NCL, I can drink pretty much anything on the ship!

4 hours ago, tejmar said:

If you get the always included drink package do you have to pay the 20% tip charge for the package? I know with Norwegian even though they “give” you the drink package you still have to pay the tips for it.  That’s quite expensive if you’re not big drinkers like my wife and I. Not worth it to us so we usually have them remove it from our booking.  If that’s the same policy with Celebrity we will also have it removed.

Also, with the Internet package it says for one device only. Does that mean that it’s really only for one device or just one device at a time? 

If you have the AI package for both classic and premium beverages tips are included and you can’t remove them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Is there a limit per day on free drinks?

From the FAQs:

Is there a daily limit for drinks with any of the Celebrity Cruises Beverage Packages?

No, there is not a daily limit for drinks with Celebrity Cruises Beverage Packages.

No daily limit. Only restriction is one drink at the time. I.e. you can not order a drink (alcoholic or not) and have a water at the same time. Which can be annoying. Once had a drink package on MCS and no problem to have a water and a B52 at the same time. Which was great, as did a lot of dancing. So, kept hydrated and the coffee liquor in B52 kept us awake😉

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Waihekean said:

No daily limit. Only restriction is one drink at the time. I.e. you can not order a drink (alcoholic or not) and have a water at the same time. Which can be annoying. Once had a drink package on MCS and no problem to have a water and a B52 at the same time. Which was great, as did a lot of dancing. So, kept hydrated and the coffee liquor in B52 kept us awake😉

I

any time I request a bottle of water at the same time I order something else, whether coffee, wine or cocktail, I have always received both . . . No questions asked

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tejmar said:

Tips are included, and it's one device per person.  You can switch between devices (phone to tablet, for example), if you log out and then sign in on the new device.

40 minutes ago, Waihekean said:

What? I have been on five Celebrity cruises and have never been denied water at the same time as an alcoholic beverage. I order both at once very frequently....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I use my phone and iPad. It’s easy to log out and  back on.

We tend to tip extra for each drink. I just have some dollars in my pocket. They seem to appreciate it.

It’s so fun to try different drinks that we wouldn’t normally have at home.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Waihekean said:

Methinks that either you were drinking at the time of the order or you mis-heard the bartender/wait staff or you were not on a X ship...

OR it was the B52 talking to you?

LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Waihekean said:

I'd need four+  hands to count how many times I have ordered a drink, alcoholic, and asked for a bottle of water at the same time, never once have I been told no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

I

any time I request a bottle of water at the same time I order something else, whether coffee, wine or cocktail, I have always received both . . . No questions asked

Same here.  Just off Apex two weeks ago...same thing.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

There is no charge for the tips. 

As far as the internet package goes, we have always had two devices included with the package.  Not sure where you are seeing one device only.

Just off of the Silhouette.  Each passenger with the basic package could have one device connected at a time  Two of us, two basic packages.  If you wanted to use a second device, log off of the first.  When I went to the iLounge to use their computers, it reminded me I was logged in on a separate device and offered to disconnect it. 

Mike in Ohio