Navigator - impressions ?

Huggsy

1 hour ago, DISNEY GIRL said:

Hello there Mick and Pauline - We are Sandy and Kevin from Bury St Edmunds and we are also on this sailing and also our first RSSC?      See you on board!!

Hi, a similar story!  Mark & Yvonne from Kings Lynn.  Our first RSSC cruise and smallest ship to date (Tad smaller then Azamara/Oceania’s R Class?).

Very much looking forward to the RSSC experience and the lovely itinerary.

Regards

Good thread, convinced me to book! Hopefully first cruise will be on splendor may 21, then explorer in January 23.  I used the OBB program to book the Navigator NY to Montreal may 31st.  Been to several of those places but always nice to go back.    Fancy is nice, but the food and service are more important as well as the itinerary.    The price on this was already very good and the OBB makes it a little bit better.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 7:29 AM, royallondon said:

Hi, a similar story!  Mark & Yvonne from Kings Lynn.  Our first RSSC cruise and smallest ship to date (Tad smaller then Azamara/Oceania’s R Class?).

Very much looking forward to the RSSC experience and the lovely itinerary.

Regards

If you like the size of the R-class ships you will love the Navigator. The entry level suites are wonderful especially the bath and closet compared to the R-class. Years ago when they were in the Princess fleet they were our favorite ships until we discovered Seaboun’s little sisters and the Regent Navigator. Enjoy your cruise, it is a great itinerary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwn said:

If you like the size of the R-class ships you will love the Navigator. The entry level suites are wonderful especially the bath and closet compared to the R-class. Years ago when they were in the Princess fleet they were our favorite ships until we discovered Seaboun’s little sisters and the Regent Navigator. Enjoy your cruise, it is a great itinerary.

That’s very kind and reassuring of you to share this information cwn. 

In July we are going on what was the Pacific Princess (now Azamara Onward).  The smaller ships often have some lovely bespoke itineraries.

Many thanks

Regards

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, Lonedaddy said:

Good thread, convinced me to book! Hopefully first cruise will be on splendor may 21, then explorer in January 23.  I used the OBB program to book the Navigator NY to Montreal may 31st.  Been to several of those places but always nice to go back.    Fancy is nice, but the food and service are more important as well as the itinerary.    The price on this was already very good and the OBB makes it a little bit better.

Spending any time in Montreal post cruise? Our hometown

15 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Spending any time in Montreal post cruise? Our hometown

We are spending 2 nights in Montreal (flying in Wed. boarding Sat. so one full day).  We are downtown near the port so if you have any causal dining recommendations or "must see" thing for one day I could use some suggestions. 😎

42 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

We are spending 2 nights in Montreal (flying in Wed. boarding Sat. so one full day).  We are downtown near the port so if you have any causal dining recommendations or "must see" thing for one day I could use some suggestions. 😎

What hotel are you going to stay at? Montreal is very easy to get around with taxis readily available. A walk through Old Montreal area is a must and there are lots of terrific restaurants and bars throughout that area.

10 hours ago, Gpilon said:

What hotel are you going to stay at? Montreal is very easy to get around with taxis readily available. A walk through Old Montreal area is a must and there are lots of terrific restaurants and bars throughout that area.

Gpilon, We will be staying two nights at the Hotel Nelligan precruise in August. Any restaurant recommendations and don’t miss sights/things to do would be much appreciated. Certainly plan to walk around Vielle Montreal. Do you recommend getting a guide?

21 hours ago, Gpilon said:

We are at the Le Saint Sulpice hotel, on St. Sulpice street downtown.  Looks like a really good location for restaurants, etc. 

13 hours ago, labonnevie said:

Gpilon, We will be staying two nights at the Hotel Nelligan precruise in August. Any restaurant recommendations and don’t miss sights/things to do would be much appreciated. Certainly plan to walk around Vielle Montreal. Do you recommend getting a guide?

Beautiful hotel and area. I would not suggest a guide....very easy city and area to get around. Gibbys is terrific if you are looking for a more meat centric restaurant and Monarque is also terrific....has a casual type brasserie as well as a great fine dining part of the restaurant. We also lived in Dublin for 5 years and my all time favorite Irish Pub outside Temple Bar area is Hurley's, on Crescent Street. I would suggest taking a taxi from your hotel to Crescent and walk up and down that street and area......great bars and restaurants. And in that area of Montreal you will probably hear more English than French. During my younger (and foolish) days, I was a regular at both Sir Winston Churchill Pub and upstairs at Winnies, both on Crescent Street. A visit to Mont Royal and its summit is always nice......beautiful views of Montreal. Remember the city is actually an island. The Metro subway is safe and clean if you wanted to get around that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

We are at the Le Saint Sulpice hotel, on St. Sulpice street downtown.  Looks like a really good location for restaurants, etc. 

Another terrific hotel. See my suggestions for labonnavie for restaurants above. Honestly, there are just so many great restaurants, bars, bistros in that area it would be hard to go wrong. A trip to Crescent Street would also be highly suggested.

• Like 1

I will be on the Navigator for the first time in nov 2023 and I am nervous about being in room 942 under La Veranda.  Will I hear lots of noise and moving chairs? Plus  many people have said the ship rocks a lot in bad seas.  Is it worse in the front or back?

With all due respect to gPilon, a Montreal native and way more knowledgeable than i, i think doing a private guide will add very much to getting to know the City and learning a lot about it. As a multiple visitor to Montreal, i find that doing a walking tour with a local guide very interesting and way worth the time.  I love taking a guide in any city i don't know as I find i learn so much more and enjoy the city that much more. 

1 hour ago, RobynJack said:

I will be on the Navigator for the first time in nov 2023 and I am nervous about being in room 942 under La Veranda.  Will I hear lots of noise and moving chairs? Plus  many people have said the ship rocks a lot in bad seas.  Is it worse in the front or back?

If you can change cabins do so.
Under the veranda deck on any ship is noisy

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

With all due respect to gPilon, a Montreal native and way more knowledgeable than i, i think doing a private guide will add very much to getting to know the City and learning a lot about it. As a multiple visitor to Montreal, i find that doing a walking tour with a local guide very interesting and way worth the time.  I love taking a guide in any city i don't know as I find i learn so much more and enjoy the city that much more. 

No offense taken. I just find a walking tour cuts into drinking time. Hey, I am a Montrealer!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:21 PM, DISNEY GIRL said:

Hello there Mick and Pauline - We are Sandy and Kevin from Bury St Edmunds and we are also on this sailing and also our first RSSC?      See you on board!!

Hi Sandy and Kevin, look forward to seeing you then 😀

On 4/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, Gpilon said:

If any nights in Montreal….head to Crescent Street. Great restaurants and bars and a terrific Irish Pub there, Hurleys. Joe Beef is one of the cities most popular restaurants….if interested, reservations post 3 months in advance and you would need to book it close to midnight, your time. Small and unassuming place but food is absolutely sensational. Our home town….back there in a month.

Thank you so much, we are maybe looking to extend our trip.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

I certainly understand your position re a guide. I just think Montreal is so unique (think European) that it is best visited to suit one’s own pace. During summer months there are just so many outdoor cafes and patios that My preference would be…”Hey….this looks like a cool place for a drink” rather than having to pass them by because a guide wants to show “more” of the city. La joie de vivre takes precedent when in Montreal.