Is the Shoppers Drug Mart Rapid Test acceptable?

kaerofan

Looking at booking a really last minute Alaska cruise on Princess leaving from Vancouver Monday May 02.  I'm in Ontario and have found the Shoppers Drug Mart test for $40 - will this one be o.k?  We are flying in the day before (Sunday May 01) so will booking the appointment for the afternoon of Saturday April 30 be o.k.?

We did the SDM antigen test on Wednesday, March 9th, flew into FLL on Thursday, March 10th, then used the same test to board the Sky Princess on Saturday, March 12th.

6AA220F8-2596-46F8-82DF-052DDD3E42E4.thumb.jpeg.e725812ad1500079f470ad39170c3935.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*

I was at my Shoppers yesterday picking up a prescription so I asked the person that helped me about the rapid antigen tests. I’m not sure he knew what he was talking about, but he told me they wouldn’t test me if I was using it for travel. He made it sounds like they rarely test people unless they are immunocompromised. I said it says you test asymptomatic people for travel on your website and has appointments available to book. He still said no so I said, if I came here with an apt I booked online, you guys wouldn’t test me? He said no. 

With that being said, maybe be sure to actually  talk to someone at your location and don’t just rely on booking the apt online? 

I am going to call around to other Shoppers in my area tomorrow. I’m starting to worry that places are stopping the testing. Walmart in my area has no appointments available online anymore. Another store close by only has scattered dates but nothing for May 5th when I need mine. 

45 minutes ago, tropical83 said:

I was at my Shoppers yesterday picking up a prescription so I asked the person that helped me about the rapid antigen tests. I’m not sure he knew what he was talking about, but he told me they wouldn’t test me if I was using it for travel. He made it sounds like they rarely test people unless they are immunocompromised. I said it says you test asymptomatic people for travel on your website and has appointments available to book. He still said no so I said, if I came here with an apt I booked online, you guys wouldn’t test me? He said no. 

Sounds like they confused it with the publicly funded PCR testing offered by Shoppers as well. 

Shoppers doesn't use the term "testing" for travel, they call it "Rapid Antigen Screening" for whatever that's worth. And not every location offers it. 

44 minutes ago, cmich068 said:

Sounds like they confused it with the publicly funded PCR testing offered by Shoppers as well. 

Shoppers doesn't use the term "testing" for travel, they call it "Rapid Antigen Screening" for whatever that's worth. And not every location offers it. 

I thought of that after. But I did keep repeating rapid antigen. The website also allows me to book an appointment at that specific store too. Who knows. I’ll see what other stores say tomorrow!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, CapedCruiser said:

Has anybody used the Shoppers rapid test to board Royal Caribbean?

Many posters. I've yet to read about any passenger tested by Shoppers, Walmart, Costco, etc., being rejected by any of the cruielines.

• Like 3

Just booked antigen tests in Toronto on the SDM website yesterday for a test location near our hotel. 

That website asks if the test is for travel. The test is required for our Portugal flight.   

We then had to input some ID, in our case it was  passport numbers.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, Fouremco said:

Many posters. I've yet to read about any passenger tested by Shoppers, Walmart, Costco, etc., being rejected by any of the cruielines.

For all of the discussion here about tests, I don't think I've ever seen a single post here about someone being rejected, full stop. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cmich068 said:

For all of the discussion here about tests, I don't think I've ever seen a single post here about someone being rejected, full stop. 

There have been posts about airlines refusing test results. Generally due to inadequately trained counter staff. I don't think there is any way to avoid these situations.

• Like 1