The Daily for Thursday 04/14/2022

richwmn

Hi everyone 

Late post today but I've been following all day. Had several errands to run today, home now, getting ready to cook some shrimp fajitas.

No side effects from the shot yesterday forgot I'd had it until I saw the band aid this morning!

Thinking of all on the care list and celebrating with those who are having happy times.

Mary

• Like 20

Sorry I haven’t been on today - it’s been the day from H.

I will have to catch up on everything tomorrow (hopefully) but I did want to post to Rowsby……

13 hours ago, Rowsby said:
My husband is being interred today at Willamette National Cemetery with Air Force Honors...

We have so many great memories....I wanted to share a few....

We always laughed about how he had requested remote Alaska after his Air Police training...and instead was sent to Bermuda for two years....and how some poor guy probably requested Bermuda....and ended up in remote Alaska...!!

He was a Trust Territory Deputy Sheriff on Kwajalein...and talked about his first helicopter ride there....how he and the pilot got in...and then....his door fell off...:)

When he retired his badge after 33 years with the State of Oregon....we moved to a cabin in Camp Sherman....how he loved those years.....feeding the deer and birds and squirrels......and was a volunteer where he met and knew everyone who lived there....

He loved our family....3 sons and their families....

We were married 50 years.....we often wondered if we'd make that milestone...and we did...!!!

The last several years were full of travel....always planning for one more trip....!!

And this was one of them....sitting in San Diego...waiting to board the Oosterdam....

San Diego watching our ship come in.jpg

What a sad & yet proud day for you, Rowsby.  You must have been proud to see your husband honoured and proud of his service for so many years and yet so sad & heartbroken as you said your final good bye 💔 So hard 😢.  You have so many wonderful memories with him.  I hope those can help sustain you a bit through this terrible time.  My prayers for you, him and your family 🙏🏻 

My prayers for everyone who needs them tonight 🙏🏻 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

Light bulb just came on. Yes I’ve been to Naha, Japan several times when flying on military missions over to Asia. Back then it was Okinawa and later Japan. The military used to send many of us from Vietnam to Okinawa to defuse us before returning to USA.

In March 1974 Lt. Hiro Onoa finally surrendered from World War 11 on Okinawa.  A loyal but uniformed warrior.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I will have to catch up on everything tomorrow (hopefully) but I did want to post to Rowsby……

What a sad & yet proud day for you, Rowsby.  You must have been proud to see your husband honoured and proud of his service for so many years and yet so sad & heartbroken as you said your final good bye 💔 So hard 😢.  You have so many wonderful memories with him.  I hope those can help sustain you a bit through this terrible time.  My prayers for you, him and your family 🙏🏻 

Sorry you had a difficult day, Jacqui.  Hope tomorrow is better.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kazu said:

Thank you for checking in.  May better days be ahead.

Roy

• Like 8