P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

10 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

How did the testers know it was you who did the test  as the pictures of the cartridge did not show who took the test! I would think this system is open to 'mistakes'.( and I dont mean you would fake it)

Unfortunately there will always be some people who will try to cheat the system.  They have no consideration for those around them who are vulnerable.

• Like 6

When choosing your test provider make sure you have a back up plan.

For example if my Friday appointment with Lloyds in shop test with fit to fly certificate is cancelled at short notice. They did it last year with my flu jab because the pharmacist did not turn up!.

My first back up plan was to use Boots in store service but their site hangs when you try to book. so I checked out their home test but is it the right one. It says home test with verification but the in store test is described as with certification. Fit to Fly Certification is what we want.

I will check out Prenetics but no collection point near me so it is by courier? Maybe wait until after the easter rush?

My first question is How far in advance of travelling can you book a home testing kit?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Hi Moley , if you find out the cost of a walk in test at the port and location 

after the 29 th April , could you kindly post it on here ?  Many thanks .

Or anyone travelling after this date who got tested at the port  - thank you :classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Or anyone travelling after this date who got tested at the port  - thank you :classic_smile:

Lloyds have a walk in centre in Southampton. 76 St Mary's Road I think. not a salubrious part of town and the address is not a pharmacy, it is a pub with a white marquee in the car park. There are others nearby, maybe Shirley but my google earth program disappeared of my computer yesterday.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, davecttr said:

My first question is How far in advance of travelling can you book a home testing kit?

I’d like to know the answer to this too.

My sister has already got her tests ready for our 21st May cruise but I’m a little reluctant to get ours just yet.

Mum & Dad are going to book into Lloyds but I will tell them your point about a back up plan.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Good question Dave , looking at the film I put on above ,I suspect you activate the test when you do the test. So buying and possessing the test is another matter as in the film they do tell you to check the expiry date . On the site Josy used ( DAM Health) for walk in appointments I did a dummy booking and it was inviting me to book an appointment right down to Christmas . Will put link below with Southampton location .

https://www.dam-health.com/southampton/

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, davecttr said:

We’ve also done a back-up for a summer cruise. Just in case! Lloyds Pharmacy booked the afternoon before we sail (no payment until the day), and we just ordered some tests from Randox that we will store till we need them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I've asked the question. I sense they are not trying to advertise/offer it as a planned service but its run by the same people as the Princess service. That's $60 per person charged to your onboard account. What is not clear there is if you are positive and denied boarding, you never get onboard and therefore do you ever get charged?

• Thanks 1

Hi Molecrochip

the confusion is that 1 part of p and o’ s website has changed to the day before as others have stated but tucked away in another part is this which they have forgotten to update.

if you follow the wrong link on the details of testing pages it can be confusing.

if anyone knows anyone at p and o please can they update this as well then confusion may be over😊

83F74BA6-F14E-4DEB-9E40-B020234BF117.png

• Like 1

Does the test kit have to be supplied specifically for the pre cruise test? We have a plentyful supply at home supplied free of charge by work. Could we use one of those? And if so, how would the certificate work? I can tell if its a +ve or -ve result, why would I need to send it to someone else to look at, and then pay them to tell me what I already know? 

Or is it a case that the test supplied by an official provided will have a serial number / QR code to identify it, so the organisation knows we've used and returned the same test that they sent us? 

Edited by newbie cruissy

18 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Not quite the same subject, but I was reading the Fred Olsen website for our friend who might go on her own with them.  They REQUIRE all passengers to have a tablet or smartphone to be able to access emails on board and QR codes for going ashore.

"Some countries require guests to be able to provide certain information prior to or upon arrival. This is typically in the form of a QR code, which means guests need to be able to access their emails during their cruise, whether it is via their smartphone or another digital device such as a tablet."

She won't be doing that then!

Hi - and neither will we.  FOCL have cancelled our only cruise booked with them and so we got a refund.  I will not be blackmailed into having something I don't need nor want and if that means not cruising then so be it.  I have a perfectly good, if old, mobile that takes calls and texts and that serves me perfectly well.  I also have a landline and desk computer and don't need to be able to access emails whilst I'm on holiday.  I've been retired for years so don't need to be in touch with work and my only family is my husband whom I can talk to as he travels with me!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I've asked the question. I sense they are not trying to advertise/offer it as a planned service but its run by the same people as the Princess service. That's $60 per person charged to your onboard account. What is not clear there is if you are positive and denied boarding, you never get onboard and therefore do you ever get charged?

Hi - can you clarify please?  is there a facility at the port to get tested?  We are not travelling until October but we are already worrying about it as I don't have a smartphone.  I don't have an issue with paying just how to get it organsied especially as we will need the test on a Saturday.  We will be greatly relieved if we can have it done at the port, though by October it may have closed down.  We are actually thinking of cancelling.  We don't have to pay until June, but we only paid a small deposit so losing it won't be an issue.  I'm sure some people will think I am mad to cancel just because of this, but it is really stressing me out.  I didn't sleep much last night worrying about it.

10 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - can you clarify please?  is there a facility at the port to get tested?  We are not travelling until October but we are already worrying about it as I don't have a smartphone.  I don't have an issue with paying just how to get it organsied especially as we will need the test on a Saturday.  We will be greatly relieved if we can have it done at the port, though by October it may have closed down.  We are actually thinking of cancelling.  We don't have to pay until June, but we only paid a small deposit so losing it won't be an issue.  I'm sure some people will think I am mad to cancel just because of this, but it is really stressing me out.  I didn't sleep much last night worrying about it.

it’s not silly, many of us have also been stressing about this. However the more I have read the Better I feel. Lloyds seem to be a good option and you can book with them and they dont take payment until the    time, I think I I’ll book he DAM centre as five mins from me and maybe use Lloyds as a back up or  a postal one. I also want to cancel but we are paid in full so don’t think it’s an option. I think it’s stressful a it’s new  to us an unknown however others say it’s simple. The issue for me is the time frame of 24 hrs buit that seems to now be the day before so seems again easier . I think the port testing goes from end April. Have a look at boots and DAM to see if near you as both do saturday. You could book a coupe of chemists so you are a back up, I know most by me seem to do it.

Edited by Wiseyowl
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, newbie cruissy said:

Does the test kit have to be supplied specifically for the pre cruise test? We have a plentyful supply at home supplied free of charge by work. Could we use one of those? And if so, how would the certificate work? I can tell if its a +ve or -ve result, why would I need to send it to someone else to look at, and then pay them to tell me what I already know? 

Or is it a case that the test supplied by an official provided will have a serial number / QR code to identify it, so the organisation knows we've used and returned the same test that they sent us? 

For pre cruise testing you need to end up with a Fit to Fly Certificate  available and advertised as part of pre cruise LFT tests, either in store or at home. Personally I would not consider a 'do it yourself' approach.

• Like 1

Thanks Wiseyowl.  We are travelling with an ex neighbour who is 78 (same age as my husband) and I know she will be freaked out by this.  I don't think she knows yet as she would have been on the phone.  The only advantage is she has a smartphone so maybe we could do the test all together!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Thanks Wiseyowl.  We are travelling with an ex neighbour who is 78 (same age as my husband) and I know she will be freaked out by this.  I don't think she knows yet as she would have been on the phone.  The only advantage is she has a smartphone so maybe we could do the test all together!

Sound like you can sort a plan A and plan B like me. Someone did post a randox link that showed the process, that helped me relax a little

• Like 1

We have used Dam healthcare for PCR test required for a Marella cruise last November, it was very easy to book and the results were emailed to us within 24 hours. So if an LFT test is still required for our July cruise I will use them again. The test site is about 20 mins away by car so easily accessible.

We also had to do an LFT test after 9pm on the day before we flew, it was quite stressful as I had problems uploading the test results for 3 of us, but all worked out ok in the end😊.

Molly

We are going 5th May

have just booked appointments at local Lloyds chemist after 3pm day before as a back up in case problems re below tests. Really easy to follow on website. Results and cert. will be issued in 20 mins. Make sure you search and follow the link to fit to fly lateral flow test In store - £29.99 each otherwise it takes you to the normal ones.

you book appointment at nearest store but don’t pay until you arrive.

you will get an email confirmation of appointment with details.

I have also ordered through Medicspot tests to home as website says results in  20 mins and our local chemist who use medicspot re appointments say they work well. Option of Royal Mail delivery within 2 days for £2 extra or free for 3-5 working days. Tests cost £11.99 each and you can order a spare in case of an inconclusive result for an extra £6.99.

Email conf. has already come through with details and both myself and my husband will use same email and phone re results just like we did when we last flew.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, J110 said:

We are going 5th May

have just booked appointments at local Lloyds chemist after 3pm day before as a back up in case problems re below tests. Really easy to follow on website. Results and cert. will be issued in 20 mins. Make sure you search and follow the link to fit to fly lateral flow test In store - £29.99 each otherwise it takes you to the normal ones.

you book appointment at nearest store but don’t pay until you arrive.

you will get an email confirmation of appointment with details.

I have also ordered through Medicspot tests to home as website says results in  20 mins and our local chemist who use medicspot re appointments say they work well. Option of Royal Mail delivery within 2 days for £2 extra or free for 3-5 working days. Tests cost £11.99 each and you can order a spare in case of an inconclusive result for an extra £6.99.

Email conf. has already come through with details and both myself and my husband will use same email and phone re results just like we did when we last flew.

Hope this helps.

Hi J110 - this is really helpful thank you.  Thanks to everyone who has commented. You are helping put my mind, and I'm sure other people's, at rest.  I think we will book an in person and also some ones we do ourselves just in case.  It's not the cost I'm so concerned about it's an invalid or inconclusive test.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi J110 - this is really helpful thank you.  Thanks to everyone who has commented. You are helping put my mind, and I'm sure other people's, at rest.  I think we will book an in person and also some ones we do ourselves just in case.  It's not the cost I'm so concerned about it's an invalid or inconclusive test.

I think looking for a positive out of all of this ,is if you get tested with a company that gives

you your results in a couple of hours whilst sat in the comfort of your own home, or a test

centre nearby , has to be a lot better than travelling in some cases ,for hours, worrying  only

to find a massive queue for testing . Are we going to pass or are we being sent back home ?

The more I think about it , I personally would be far happier with the covid pass in my hand

before I left home for the port, relaxed and stress free .

• Like 8

3 hours ago, newbie cruissy said:

Yes, it's a case supplied by an official website with serial number etc.  It's not the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - and neither will we.  FOCL have cancelled our only cruise booked with them and so we got a refund.  I will not be blackmailed into having something I don't need nor want and if that means not cruising then so be it.  I have a perfectly good, if old, mobile that takes calls and texts and that serves me perfectly well.  I also have a landline and desk computer and don't need to be able to access emails whilst I'm on holiday.  I've been retired for years so don't need to be in touch with work and my only family is my husband whom I can talk to as he travels with me!!!!!

The problem we have is our friend who sails with us and lives 200 miles away.  She won't have a clue about tests or how to get her vacc status.  OK I can help to some degree, but I think it's easier to cancel and not go.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

For pre cruise testing you need to end up with a Fit to Fly Certificate  available and advertised as part of pre cruise LFT tests, either in store or at home. Personally I would not consider a 'do it yourself' approach.

Can I ask why you wouldn't consider a DIY test?  I am using Randox, I went on their website yesterday and I was already registered from last year so I ordered the tests and collected them from the local newsagents straight after.  They are just the same as the Government ones we have all been using for months.  When the time comes just do the test, scan/photograph the result and send to Randox and then they will send your Fit To Fly certificate.  Its really easy to do - I have to add my Iphone is too old to download the app but my husbands is OK so we just added both of us to the app on his phone - you can add up to four people.

• Like 4