Please help me decide

Xcelsior

Trying to choose between 14 night Copenhagen to Southhampton (Quest - 14 nights), Istanbul Rountrip (Onward- 11 nights) and Athens Roudntrip (Journey - 12 nights).  All depart last week of June. Which would you choose, and why?  Please and thanks.

As @kaymoz said, mostly I would choose whatever one had the most places I had not visited.

Of those itineraries it would be the 11 night cruise on Onward for me with the most ports not previously visited BUT two of those ports are in the Black Sea, so at this point in time I would look elsewhere.

If you are still interested in this one, there are

9 ports (plus start / end ports)

one overnight (just 24 hours at the end port)

one day at sea.

My next choice would be the 12 night Greece and Turkey. Although I have visited all those ports before, many I have only been to once. The cruise includes

9 ports (plus start / end ports)

one overnight (36 hours in Istanbul, a place I would love to visit again)

one day at sea

Least appealing as far as port days are concerned is the 14 night Baltic Capitals. Although there are a couple of ports I have not yet visited, there are

7 ports (plus start / end ports)

three "overnights" ( just 27, 25 and 23 hours respectively, not two full days)

two days at sea plus transiting the Kiel Canal, which although interesting, is virtually another sea day.

We are all individuals and the next person to comment may have totally different views.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 1

My first choice would be the 12 night Greece and Turkey, followed by the 11 night Onward, and then the 14 night Baltic.  
We have cruised the Kiel Canal and did enjoy the day and had lovely July weather, however, we realise we were lucky for the 14 nights.  If you enjoy sun and heat, the first two cruises will offer that.  Nice decision to have to make.  Enjoy whichever you choose.

• Like 2

I agree with John1970 where you live and which airport and good connecting flights play major part for me when booking. Also visiting new ports. this June cruising from Barcelona to Lisbon - sunshine for sure then Lisbon to Copenhagen - obviously getting cooler - but still excited and wishing it was here now.

• Like 1

thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I will be travelling solo on this one, so the baltic is kind of appealing to me because i can do the cities on my own by foot (have been to almost all the ports before, except the port in Poland and the one Swedish island.  Love the baltic but the weather can be so unpredictable and Azamara doesn't have a covered pool (inside during a pandemic in cold weather with a mask on not so appealing to me....and then I think if I'm travelling solo, will it be harder to meet/mingle with others because of the masking issue indoors?  Unsure).  I like the idea of sailing on the Onward with it being recently launched....but the bulgaria ports and the greek ports on tap aren't very appealing. Perhaps I'm wrong.  The 12 night Greek Isles sounds great --- but is it simply going to be too hot in Greece the first week of July?  Definitely a first world problem deciding!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I will be travelling solo on this one, so the baltic is kind of appealing to me because i can do the cities on my own by foot (have been to almost all the ports before, except the port in Poland and the one Swedish island.  Love the baltic but the weather can be so unpredictable and Azamara doesn't have a covered pool (inside during a pandemic in cold weather with a mask on not so appealing to me....and then I think if I'm travelling solo, will it be harder to meet/mingle with others because of the masking issue indoors?  Unsure).  I like the idea of sailing on the Onward with it being recently launched....but the bulgaria ports and the greek ports on tap aren't very appealing. Perhaps I'm wrong.  The 12 night Greek Isles sounds great --- but is it simply going to be too hot in Greece the first week of July?  Definitely a first world problem deciding!

After knowing more about your preferences and being a solo cruiser once in a while myself, I would take the 12 night greek islands and just enjoy my cruise and  the warm weather 😉

Ivi

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

After knowing more about your preferences and being a solo cruiser once in a while myself, I would take the 12 night greek islands and just enjoy my cruise and  the warm weather 😉

Ivi

I concur. If there are places I must see and it involves cooler weather then I'll do it, but given the choice I'd rather have warm or hot weather. Yes, The Greek itinerary could be very hot, but make sure you grab a frozen towel and plenty of water and you can temper it if you are on an excursion. Nice itinerary too. 

Phil 

• Like 6