Re-entering US after Vancouver cruise

Peteymil

As of right now the rules in the US state:  “All airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel. 

We are flying home as soon as we disembark on a Sunday. We have to take the test on Saturday or Sunday but I am not sure that the Internet will support the Binax supervised tested. Has anyone had any experience with doing the testing process on board with Celebrity’s Internet? I’m thinking the only other alternative would be to use our mobile devices the second that we have service in Vancouver, but I would rather not wait till the morning that we are leaving.

Canadian passengers tested onboard for quite a while, until the requirement for a negative test for reentry to Canada was dropped on April 1. While I've read a few posts of the connection being touch and go, I don't recall anyone being unable to complete their test successfully. I'd simply recommend that you pick a time in the early morning or late in the evening when internet use is minimal on the ship.

A big plus in testing aboard is that should you test positive, Celebrity will be responsible for arranging and paying for your quarantine period in Vancouver. If you wait until you have disembarked and then test positive, it falls to you to arrange and pay for your quarantine.

Edited by Fouremco

I would assume Celebrity will arrange for testing either on the ship or in the terminal (more likely).

For Caribbean cruises this season, Celebrity arranged for testing for non-US guests in the cruise terminal after disembarkation. The guests did have to pay for the tests, but it was arranged for them for convenience.

I would assume that Celebrity would arrange for testing at Canada Place. Some other CC users have said there is already testing at Canada Place, so it would seem to be the logical choice.

5 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I would assume Celebrity will arrange for testing either on the ship or in the terminal (more likely).

For Caribbean cruises this season, Celebrity arranged for testing for non-US guests in the cruise terminal after disembarkation. The guests did have to pay for the tests, but it was arranged for them for convenience.

I would assume that Celebrity would arrange for testing at Canada Place. Some other CC users have said there is already testing at Canada Place, so it would seem to be the logical choice.

I think they basically have to. A vast majority of Alaska cruisers are US citizens and I can't see them expecting everyone to try to get online and do that. It would surely eliminate many seniors who would never feel comfortable doing that (no offense intended. I am one myself) and it could crash their already spotty internet, which BTW is worse on Alaska cruises than any others I have been on recently. 

10 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think they basically have to. A vast majority of Alaska cruisers are US citizens and I can't see them expecting everyone to try to get online and do that. It would surely eliminate many seniors who would never feel comfortable doing that (no offense intended. I am one myself) and it could crash their already spotty internet, which BTW is worse on Alaska cruises than any others I have been on recently. 

You are responsible for your own testing.  For those flying from Vancouver,  testing is available next to the checkin area for US flights.  Just give yourself a bit of time.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

The email they sent out said that they would have the binax supervised test for purchase for those entering the US. Nothing about the administration Of it, which led to my question. And I do agree with you but for some people are not used to doing it it could be problematic.

41 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

The email they sent out said that they would have the binax supervised test for purchase for those entering the US. Nothing about the administration Of it, which led to my question. And I do agree with you but for some people are not used to doing it it could be problematic.

The FAQs under Healthy at Sea say this... so we'll see what happens on our Millennium 5/3 Pacific Coastal... or if we get more emails that say something different.

All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99* per person.  Prices vary by port and test type.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twincheryl said:

The FAQs under Healthy at Sea say this... so we'll see what happens on our Millennium 5/3 Pacific Coastal... or if we get more emails that say something different.

All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021.  For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99* per person.  Prices vary by port and test type.

This is what they emailed. Doesn't seem real helpful. 

"Please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information. We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information."

4 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Oh brother.  I am sailing Seward to Vancouver in August.  Doesn't Celebrity have their $hi# together.  Maybe by then the USA won't require this.    

We are on the Seward to Vancouver cruise in June. We bought BinaxNOW to use 2 days before we board Millie. If you cross the board by land, train, bus or Victoria Clipper to the US you dont need to be tested.

17 hours ago, Peteymil said:

This is what they emailed. Doesn't seem real helpful. 

"Please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information. We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information."

Haha... for sure... like it's possible half the ship is going to be trying to do the proctored tests once they debark, sitting outside?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 5waldos said:

Curious- has Celebrity made any mention of ArriveCan since they are mentioning the vaccinations? Will they be checking those before boarding in Alaska?

We are on 5/3 Pacific Coastal from San Diego to Vancouver and that info is in our app. Not sure if they will check before boarding or before getting to Victoria.

Just now, twincheryl said:

We are on 5/3 Pacific Coastal from San Diego to Vancouver and that info is in our app. Not sure if they will check before boarding or before getting to Victoria.

By "our app" you mean the Celebrity app? I haven't seen it yet but am still several months out. But I would think they would check before boarding since it is required of everyone. Would be an issue if someone was found not to have completed it and there you were nearly in Victoria. I suppose it could be filled out onboard. 

5 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Curious- has Celebrity made any mention of ArriveCan since they are mentioning the vaccinations? Will they be checking those before boarding in Alaska?

My son took a flight to Canada a couple of weeks ago. His ArriveCan an information was checked when he checked into his first flight.

Edited by MadisonMom

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

By "our app" you mean the Celebrity app? I haven't seen it yet but am still several months out. But I would think they would check before boarding since it is required of everyone. Would be an issue if someone was found not to have completed it and there you were nearly in Victoria. I suppose it could be filled out onboard. 

Sorry... yes, the Celebrity app under Health...

Canada entry requirements

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete the ArriveCan entry form with vaccination and COVID-19 test results.

- If flying to Canada complete before your flight.

- If entering Canadian port from a cruise that begins in the U.S., complete prior to debarking.

6 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Registering for arriveCan was also mentioned in the same email.

22 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We are on the Seward to Vancouver cruise in June. We bought BinaxNOW to use 2 days before we board Millie. If you cross the board by land, train, bus or Victoria Clipper to the US you dont need to be tested.

That is not what I am reading.  According to the CDC, US Citizens flying back into our country must provide a negative covid test.   

4 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

That is not what I am reading.  According to the CDC, US Citizens flying back into our country must provide a negative covid test.   

Yes but only flying in the post you replied was clear

Edited by LGW59

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Flying out of Canada Yes, but if you take the Bus and cross into Washington State. The bus will drop you at the Bellingham Airport on its way to SeaTac Airport.