Boarding Harmony tomorrow 4/17 on a B2B (not live but will respond to questions/requests)

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Orville, did you make it to WJ last night?

Yes, but did not make it back to the cook to order station. They were doing cook to order eggs there this morning however.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes, but did not make it back to the cook to order station. They were doing cook to order eggs there this morning however.

Great, thanks! As long as it's there.

Cook to order eggs is nice to hear as well. The WJ on Freedom did that once a while back but not something I usually see.

I'm up for any WJ comments if you happen to return and don't mind sharing.

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Here’s the current flyer.

Here is the entertainment matrix for this week

510FA95D-0A19-48A2-8ED1-AE0FD5AFAA38.jpeg

AA0E1534-F805-4874-A401-95A06DB7CED1.jpeg

28F17960-FC8B-42FE-803B-A4242ACB1B27.jpeg

Wow, no 1887 this week. Bummer

What's up with all the Space lectures. That's kind cool, never seen those before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

It is now iSkate all week.

I was hoping it was iSkate Reach For The Stars...saw it on Navigator in January and it was the best ice show we've ever seen.

30 minutes ago, george35 said:

We will be on board July3rd celebrating our 65th annv. & was wondering if they have the LOVE& MARRIAGE GAME on board.

george35

Yes...fully back to normal, complete with wannabe participants needing to impress the audience.  The "old" couple though was selected purely based on who has been married the longest.  That was 57 years last week.  You would have been on the stage!  Just be careful if you will have any children/grand-children in the audience. 😉

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

What's up with all the Space lectures. That's kind cool, never seen those before.

Retired head of KSC. Teaches at Brevard schools. He goes through a professional speaker agency that RCL uses. He will be on the new celebrity ship in two weeks. Just got back from his talk and he was excellent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Retired head of KSC. Teaches at Brevard schools. He goes through a professional speaker agency that RCL uses. He will be on the new celebrity ship in two weeks. Just got back from his talk and he was excellent.

That sounds like something I'd really enjoy.  Micheline...not so much.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

What is the specific name of the ice show onboard?  Thanks

They have two: "iSkate" - which is a shorter show to rock music, featuring the individual skaters doing their favorite tricks. And "1887: A Journey Through Time" which is their time travel story-based show.

My daughter's former coach (taking a hiatus from coaching) is one of the soloists (and the emcee, because she's the only one who is a native English speaker in the cast). I love seeing all the clips she has been posting on social media.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

When I texted with Jaclyn this past weekend, she said something about the old cast leaving the ship and it's just the new cast beginning this week. iSkate was the first show the new cast learned, and they were getting ready to install 1887 with the new cast. So it looks like it isn't ready yet. Probably by next week.

(Old and new casts overlap on the ship for about a month - old cast continues to perform while the new cast learns the shows. New cast takes over on iSkate first, while old cast continues to skate 1887. When old cast's contact is up, they disembark, and then it's the new cast handling everything. 1887 is a harder show to learn, so most likely they aren't ready yet, but the old cast is gone.)

• Like 2

Finally heading west. Will sail along cuban coast for several hours this evening on our way to Jamaica. Right now we are weaving our way through several of the inagua islands just south and west of the Turks and Caicos. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Cook to order paella??? 😋

Yep. People were selecting their components and the chef was stir frying them with yellow rice, scallops, mussels, and shrimp in a big wok.

Edited by orville99

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yep. People were selecting their components and the chef was stir frying them with yellow rice, scallops, mussels, and shrimp in a big wok.

I had the picture in my head already, now you're just torturing me. Love paella.

An ongoing thanks for the WJ reports. Much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I had the picture in my head already, now you're just torturing me. Love paella.

An ongoing thanks for the WJ reports. Much appreciated.

They were sea scallops about the size of a half inch thick quarter

• Like 1

22 hours ago, orville99 said:

Was it Jim Kennedy? We had him as a "Beyond the Podium" speaker on the Celebrity Edge in 2019. He was really good. 

mac_tlc

20 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Was it Jim Kennedy? We had him as a "Beyond the Podium" speaker on the Celebrity Edge in 2019. He was really good. 

mac_tlc

Yes it was him. I find it somewhat ironic that the head of the Kennedy space center was named Kennedy.

• Haha 2

Just approaching Cuban coast. Had to make a left turn to go around the tip. Hugging Cuban coast, so can’t see Haiti yet. Finally entering the Caribbean, but will only be in there for less than 24 hours - best western itinerary ever.

4287F313-68A1-45BE-95DA-60C492C0D04C.jpeg

Edited by orville99