Drink package

MomC

6 hours ago, WB57 said:

Hello - am a Oceania newbie.  Are you allowed to bring on hard liquor bottles as well - or only wine?

Thank you.

anything .... no limit  beer  wine  booze... at boarding and at every port as well....    

• Like 2

Given the prior CC comments does this imply Oceania ignores their own policy?  Hope so! 

The below is from Oceania's FAQ 

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board-

WHAT IS YOUR ALCOHOL POLICY FOR BRINGING BOTTLES ON BOARD?

Updated August 25, 2020

We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard.

We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. The exception being the world cruises for which we will allow up to 60 bottles per stateroom however this only applies to guests who are booked on the full world cruise or any of the variations of the full world cruise as listed below.

INS210125G – Los Angeles to New York (164 days)

INS211221H – Miami to New York (196 days)

ATW – 2022 INS220106G – Los Angeles to New York (180 days)

This includes guests flying with their own wine, or purchasing it on shore, any additional purchases above and beyond the three bottles made during the cruise at any of the ports may be held for you until the end of the cruise.

We ask that guests let us know they are bringing wine on-board so the ship can be advised. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

Edited by tcdcruiser

You’re in Carmet, correct?

It has not been an issue to bring extra wine aboard in the past.  I think O must have a policy but I would not be concerned. We have friends who always travel on O with a wine suitcase for 12 bottles. We always pay the corkage as we love bringing some great Sonoma and Napa VAlley wines on board with us.  
Mauibabes 

On 4/18/2022 at 5:30 PM, LHT28 said:

Yes  for consumption in your cabin

Bottles of wine may be taken to the dining venues  a corkage fee will be charged per bottle  ($25)

We're beginning a 32 day trip next year with a land pre cruise in Cape Town through Oceania and will be visiting wineries as part of the tour.  Does O's policy allow us to purchase, say a case of wine, and deliver to the ship?  Happy to pay corkage if the wines are good.  I have also read that O's on board "bin end" wines are a good deal if you'd rather buy from them. Appreciate advice as we are newbies to O.

3 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

Does O's policy allow us to purchase, say a case of wine, and deliver to the ship?

Well, yes and maybe.  You may absolutely purchase a case of wine.  Delivery to the ship MIGHT be a service the winery may not offer, especially meeting the time frame before sailing.  You may have to carry it aboard yourself.  Just in case you might consider bringing a couple of bungee devices to attach the case(s) to your carryon/roll aboard. Best to ask the winery in advance about the delivery options.

For us and many others bringing our own wines and paying the corkage is preferred.  Know that you may replenish you supply at any and every port.  Also, know that you may bring just about as much wine as you can carry.  We typically carry on 8-10 bottles in 2 wine bags.  You may bring wine and spirits to be consumed in your stateroom, unopened wine in any of the dining venues.  Any wine not finished will be labeled and stored for you to call for anytime in any other venue, no additional fee.

All non-alcoholic beverages (including specialty coffees in Baristas) are included.  You may request any mixers, soft drinks to be stocked in you fridge.

Enjoy your cruise!

Katie

4 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

We're beginning a 32 day trip next year with a land pre cruise in Cape Town through Oceania and will be visiting wineries as part of the tour.  Does O's policy allow us to purchase, say a case of wine, and deliver to the ship?  Happy to pay corkage if the wines are good.  I have also read that O's on board "bin end" wines are a good deal if you'd rather buy from them. Appreciate advice as we are newbies to O.

I would think O would transport your wine purchases for you  if the tour is with them

I would confirm it with them

19 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

Well, yes and maybe.  You may absolutely purchase a case of wine.  Delivery to the ship MIGHT be a service the winery may not offer, especially meeting the time frame before sailing.  You may have to carry it aboard yourself.  Just in case you might consider bringing a couple of bungee devices to attach the case(s) to your carryon/roll aboard. Best to ask the winery in advance about the delivery options.

For us and many others bringing our own wines and paying the corkage is preferred.  Know that you may replenish you supply at any and every port.  Also, know that you may bring just about as much wine as you can carry.  We typically carry on 8-10 bottles in 2 wine bags.  You may bring wine and spirits to be consumed in your stateroom, unopened wine in any of the dining venues.  Any wine not finished will be labeled and stored for you to call for anytime in any other venue, no additional fee.

All non-alcoholic beverages (including specialty coffees in Baristas) are included.  You may request any mixers, soft drinks to be stocked in you fridge.

Enjoy your cruise!

Katie

Great advice.  Thanks for the tip.  

1 hour ago, OTOW guy said:

do they have Mt. Gay Rum or other  rums than Capt. Morgan?

Yes.  They have a very good selection of Bacardi rums.   DH likes Bacardi Oakheart which very few bars carry.  He was pleasantly surprised to find it on O.  I'm not sure of the others but they definitely have much more than Captain Morgan. 

This is the list of available rums copied just now from the Oceania website.  Each ship has a "bars and Lounges" tab that, when opened, has current bar menues.

Bacardi Light Bacardi Select Bacardi Orange Bacardi Limon Bacardi 151 Captain Morgan Mount Gay Eclipse Malibu Coconut Myer’s Dark Ron Atlantico Dark Private Cask 80 Ron Atlantico Platino

• Thanks 2

On 4/22/2022 at 9:06 AM, mauibabes said:

You’re in Carmet, correct?

It has not been an issue to bring extra wine aboard in the past.  I think O must have a policy but I would not be concerned. We have friends who always travel on O with a wine suitcase for 12 bottles. We always pay the corkage as we love bringing some great Sonoma and Napa VAlley wines on board with us.  
Mauibabes 

Serrano Del Mar at Portuguese Beach. Cheers 

If we purchase the prestige alcohol package and we are in a penthouse cabin, can we ask our butler to bring us cocktails?  This is our first time on Oceania in many years and I don't know the current policy.

41 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

If we purchase the prestige alcohol package and we are in a penthouse cabin, can we ask our butler to bring us cocktails?  This is our first time on Oceania in many years and I don't know the current policy.

When we have been in a Penthouse and had the prestige alcohol package, our butler brought us glasses of wine with our afternoon goodies........ assume he could bring you cocktail of choice too